Add special walkers to scavenge missions.

At the moment scavenge is a boring chore, adding tanks and armored etc to the missions would spice it up a bit and also for testing purposes of weapons and armour. @Fluxxx is this possible without too much work?
ShadowWalker

Comments

• FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 376
    Without going into detail about the workload of it, do you think it would be something that the players would want in general? I know scavenge isn't optimal right now, but it still lets you get your hands on resources rather fast, special walkers would most likely slow down this process + you get them in the distance and challenge. Just wondering if this kind of change would actually make it less enjoyable..
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 738
    Yeah I get the speed issue, maybe put the specials in after every 3 spawns at that level, eg currently at 31 for hard scavenge so 1st special would be at 34 and the next at 37.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    edited October 28
    You could put them only in hard scavenge @Fluxxx

But you first need to address the scavenge difficulty scaling. Take pink stars out of the equation.

Easy is at your level

Hard should be 3 to 5 levels higher, and add in some special walkers if you want.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Danski_46ShadowWalkerArtminius
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    Hey you know what would be great?

FAST WALKERS IN SCAVENGE! >:)
    Jaden
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    I havent had to scavenge in months however NNNNNOOOOOOO people who scavenge are looking for speed so they can do many missions in as short a time as possible. They have never been fun game play, strickly a chore that has to be done. UNLESS you significantly increase the rewards, that might be a decent trade off. The other issue is healing, add special walkers will almost surely result in more hospital time or gold spending for those farming for upgrades.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

RenopwnsJadenpsychwolf
    @BillBam my suggestion was to have normal walkers at first then specials on every 3rd spawn so that wouldn't affect speed play.
    @ATLAS-Z had a good idea of putting the special walkers in hard scavenge only.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    Danski_46 said:

@BillBam my suggestion was to have normal walkers at first then specials on every 3rd spawn so that wouldn't affect speed play.

@ATLAS-Z had a good idea of putting the special walkers in hard scavenge only.

OK I am flexible (don't confirm that with my wife) I can go along with that hahaha!
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Danski_46
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263
    If that wont effect the speed of finishing it why not, just don't make it more time consuming.
    Danski_46
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    I know NG has a relatively finite pool of resources when it comes to what they spend their time on but the scavenge game mode could do with a bit of a look at. New maps maybe just to break the monotony, they don't even have to be brand new. Perhaps you could throw some challenge or guild war maps into the rotation. Maps like pyre, fish in a barrel, tank or lost bunker that can be cleared in under a minute would be good. There were many GW missions at the start that felt like scavenge missions.
    Danski_46
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    I am thinking it would actually be a great way to make the challenge more interesting, by adding some special walkers there. WIth the static setup of the challenge, but with players getting better, together with survivors and equipment improving means that relatively, the maps are getting easier all the time. By adding special walkers, it would bring in a little bit of extra challenge and variety.

That said, I'm not suggesting any huge changes. Maybe 1 special walker per mapset per week (so one extra in one of the 6 maps). And make that a metalhead / whisperer / fast walker, which we don't see a lot of as it is now.
    Danski_46
    That is also a good idea @Jaden, perhaps nightmare scavenge at survivor level +10. This would fit in with what I want from scavenge too.
    Jaden
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,044
    @Danski_46
    I still remember deadlies - now while I get why they will very likely never come back, a nightmare scavenge mode might fit the bill.

It would leave the other two difficulties alone for those who don't want to make it any harder for themselves but would add some spice (plus an incentive) for those who would want that. Win-win.
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    Danski_46huskersoxfan