Punish od Retaliate

ignasignas Member Posts: 325
Something I can’t figure out on my own...

Considering on a hero bruiser (Morgan, Eugene) you are unable to get 80DR, and you would like to have IS trait along with Lucky and Dodge, is there a difference between having punish or retaliate as a last trait?

Comments

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 769
    Punish trumps Retaliate. It does more damage at the same level and you don't need to be attacked in order for it to trigger.
    psychwolfJadenignasShadowWalker
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    Punish is a must on bruisers
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

tabernacignasShadowWalkerRenopwns
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    Yes, definitely punish. More often than not, unless you are face to face with a wall of walkers then retaliate will usually only hit one. Punish will hit multiple usually, assuming you have a staff. The best part is that it carries into your turn, so if punish stuns then you are free to attack something else the next turn.
    tabernacignas
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 325
    Thx everyone.
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 119
    My favourite bruiser has Punish and Retaliate along with Iron Skin, Strong and Power Strike. Believe it or not, he actually WRECKS. I kitted him up with DR and CC badges and he's honestly a beast.
  • JoeSmartJoeSmart Member Posts: 225
    Punish - as you keep making damage once the enemy is stunned. retaliate only kicks in after the hit. So with punish, you continue making 2 attacks each round with damage AND the possibility to keep the stun permanent
    DoomSquad Family