Dmg range variance

ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263
Hello,

After some calculation with the help of @Dbl_Edge_DEP I have found something way unacceptable.
My hunter dmg for charged attack is 32k and it has come to my knowledge that the dmg can be up or down by 10%.

By that my dmg range will be around 29k to 35k which is 6k variance.
Lets talk about 100k dmg which will lead to a range of 90-110k which is 20k variance!

I think this is way too much and you cannot be sure to kill walkers, lets say I face an armored walker with 97k hp there is a high probability I won't be killing it.
I think need to change this to max 5% variance up or down because 10% is too much.

Thanks!
Dbl_Edge_DEPmirRenopwns

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    Yes. Tbh outcomes are heavily influenced in other ways throughout the game, as it is. Reducing this margin would make the game fairer imo. We would play less guess work, not knowing whether or not we will kill enemies leading to an instant struggle for example.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    tabernacShayHaRenopwns
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    There has to be some kind of chance built into the game to make it interesting and I don't think the variation is unreasonable.

But have you actually tested those figures, @ShayHa ? Because as I've understood it, the variation is around +-20% (might be different for regular attacks and charge attacks and/or different for different classes), but the variation is calculated only on the weapon damage, not on the final damage.

So in other words Damage = Weapon damage * variation + base damage + badges fixed * badges %
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263

There has to be some kind of chance built into the game to make it interesting and I don't think the variation is unreasonable.

But have you actually tested those figures, @ShayHa ? Because as I've understood it, the variation is around +-20% (might be different for regular attacks and charge attacks and/or different for different classes), but the variation is calculated only on the weapon damage, not on the final damage.

So in other words Damage = Weapon damage * variation + base damage + badges fixed * badges %

I don't know how to test this apart from which just to kill walkers, and in the calculator I got the dmg of 32k for critical hit and when I played with my hunter max dmg I saw was 35k and lowest was 29k which is 10% up or down.
    Just wondering, what calculator is that?
  • ShayHaShayHa Member Posts: 263

Just wondering, what calculator is that?

I heard it is from Rchap, some excel file that helps you calculate.
    Burmeliinis
  • mimicamimica Member Posts: 334
    edited November 6
    Yes @Fluxxx, can you talk with the team and see if with small tweaks we can have more consistent numbers?
    Here an example, during the same mission I use Rick's charge attack on the same type of walker with the same level, using Power Strike to maximaze the damage, here the results

1st does 146,105
    2nd does 175,404
    That's 29k of difference, way too much imo
    The point of upgrading your characters is get better results, when I put better badges and upgrade traits like Strong, Power Strike, Ruthless and I get nearly the same results as before with only a few times where my attack reach the maximum (or close) like that 175k attack, I feel scammed.
    When I'm facing lv45 tanks with 485k health where I need multiples charge attacks to take them down that 29k or 20k or 15k that for some reason I don't get can be the difference between complete the mission or fail

Here the full mission
    BurmeliinisShayHamirDanski_46
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 376
    We can consider this for sure. If we reduce damage variation, it'll also mean that a lot of the time your characters will feel weaker (sometimes they'll feel stronger too, but that feeling is never as visible as the other)
    ShayHaBurmeliinis
  • mirmir Member Posts: 117
    > @Fluxxx said:
    > We can consider this for sure. If we reduce damage variation, it'll also mean that a lot of the time your characters will feel weaker (sometimes they'll feel stronger too, but that feeling is never as visible as the other)

Sorry @Fluxxx , Nothing is clear, just make the numbers +-2%. Stronger or weaker, it doesn't matter. We'll get used to it and know what to expect.
    I'm ok with a small reduction in variation, but don't overdo it. I don't want this game to become a chess game with zombie pawns. A certain amount of randomness keeps it interesting.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 1,929
    Variation is on weapon. Weapon is about 60% of your damage.
    60% of 20% is about 10%. So yeah, it is 20% but not on your total.