Badge crafting

ochitoochito Member Posts: 12
I found out that there are 2 different cycles of 38 for different people when using 1 of each component and the other has 6 damage reduction badges in it and the other just 1. Naturally I was disappointed when I found out that I am on the worse cycle but then I got over the initial disappointment and started testing different recipes and keeping track of them. Now after few people from the worse cycle have been doing the testing we have come to conclusion that all the recipes have cycle of 38 and we all get just 1 dr badge. Could someone explain how it is fair and balanced if others get 6 times more of game changing dr badges than others?
BlackFmightyeye88TroublemakerBurmeliiniswauwauwiwapsychwolfDanski_46xMelxBWilsTWDaddictionLarge

Comments

• BlackFBlackF Member Posts: 4
    @ochito are you out of your mind posting this here on the forum? You know they will fix this now after the next update, dont you? Why did you have to do that? What is your problem? Jesus!

And you didn't find that out. There were other players trying these things out, cause they found some things very strange during badge crafting. So dont tell lies here!!! 😡😡😡
    wauwauwiwaDrhooBWils
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    Isn't that why we have this forum? So that disgruntled players can whine to NG about how unfair everything is. :'(
    Artminius
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    Lol, complaining on the forum how it’s unfair that this trick they know that guarantees the type of badge they want but that 99% of the players don’t know about! Well it will certainly be fairer now that NG are going to change it! Nice.
    Manselle
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 90
    Why would they change it, i dont think they even have the know how, or will to do it.
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    ShadowWalkerpsychwolf
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    I recently heard about this, but I haven't tested it out yet. If NG does change it that would be pretty messed up. The whole point of having different components is to be able to try different recipes and find patterns, so switching how it works once players discover a pattern would be a dick move. It's not like cafting 38 badges isn't costly to the player.

Of course NG should just stop messing around and just give us the breakdown on chances of crafting a type of badge and how components may affect them. Especially if they expect people to spend money on legendary badge bundles.
    psychwolfBlackFmir
  • echonapechonap Member Posts: 13
    I never understood why badge recipes don't tell us the percentage chance for each type of badge based on components selected. I mean, the end result is still random. Why bother having different components at all right now? Just to milk the whales, I guess...
    ShadowWalkerDrhoomir
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    NG hides % and key info on many things in this game. This is not right or respectable.

Badge recipes are something that should be easily figured out by players with a little testing, and not a disgusting gamble where you always get screwed in the end.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ShayHaDrhoodlb
  • ManselleManselle Member Posts: 22
    I just hate the fact how hard it is finding or getting legendary components and you end up with crappy badges.. well it is a gamble as what they say.
    Troublemaker
  • ochitoochito Member Posts: 12
    I see BlackF is on the lucky 6 out of 38 dr cycle. Maybe there was poor wording when I said that "I found out" didn't mean that the initial discovery was by me. But after that I did do some research myself... But I am not here looking for glory for finding a pattern, that is not the point here the point is that other people have 6 times higher chance to get the dr badge than the others who happen to be on the 1/38 cycle. We are playing the same game so why should others have it easier? Well ok I have some things easier than some people because I've decided to spend money on the game where others don't but this is issue about a game mechanic that gives some people advantage over others because random number generator gave you bad number.
    psychwolfLarge
  • Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 491
    Jeez.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    DragonLoveDrhoo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    Well shit, I thought I knew everything...

Please tell me more :smile:
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngBigwil11TWDaddiction
    edited November 6
    @ochito
    No, i also have just 1 dr badge in my list. You're maybe a little right about some having just 1, others 6 dr badges. But what do you hope here? NG will change you're list cause you're complaining here? Or what do you think might happen, after NG will read this? You know what happend after Painwalker told em about the Guild Wars gas bug.

Finally we found out how do to badges we wanna have without cheating and using the flight mode (finally doesn't work anymore) and not wasting our hard found components and you have nothing better to do than to write it here on the forum. That's just very very smart from you. 🤦‍♂️
    I know a lot players who only have 1 dr badge, like most, and noone complained about it. Everyone was happy to know how to make better badges than before.
    Thanks anyway...
    BWils
    @BlackF
    No I don't want to be put on the better cycle I want people to have same starting point when it comes to game mechanics.
    Also having some actual recipes would be cool like using certain components gives you higher chance for some badge. Now it is the exactly same cycle... At least from what was told to me with using 1 of each component and then I did 2cloth+2chem and also 2edibles+2metal and they follow the same cycle (and clan mate did some others).
    So sorry that I might have ruined your way of knowing what badge you will get but I'd rather have crafting that is fair to all and has some sense in it
    BlackFpsychwolfLarge
    @ochito
    😂😂😂 Well, i agree with you, that it should be the same for everyone. But crafting badges always was unfair and a really bad system they created. You know how long many players had to try to finally get 1 dr badge with only legendary components and fragment? Very long. I see your point and know what you want, but telling them here about the 2 different lists, for me and many others, was a very stupid move. No disrespect to you! 😉
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 118
    edited November 7
    I have looked at my data and there is indeed a pattern for MeEdChCl recipe. At least in my data, which anyone can download if they want here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/40873/components-used-in-crafting-badges-impact-which-effect-you-get/p1

I haven't been able to find a pattern in any other of the recipes I have data from.

I think it is definitely placed there by NG for us to find out and share with each other, and that's what @ochito did, which I think is great! Thanks for sharing, I didn't know, even thou I had the data, but haven't had the time to run any pattern analyzing. Was planning on doing it when I had upgraded my craftsman, but that's no guarantee that I would have found it.

The best thing with the pattern is that you can craft one DR-badge with your 5* components, then do 37 totally different recipes and then a new DR-badge with your 5* components. If you keep count you can use your 4* and 5* components on the badge types you really want, do you want a legendary damage flat without bonuses, then wait for the right time in the pattern and use your legendary components. Because you don't need to do all 38 MeEdChCl craftings, and the pattern will still be in place. At least that's how I think it works.

Here is my cycle:
    EffectBonus
    CD %Class
    Damage %Class
    Damage %-
    Health flatTrait
    CD %Hero
    Damage flatTrait
    CCClass
    CC-
    Health %Hero
    Health flatClass
    Health %-
    CD %-
    CD %Hero
    Health flatClass
    CD %Class
    Damage flat-
    Health %Hero
    Health %Class
    DRClass
    Damage %Class
    CD %Class
    CD %-
    CCTrait
    Damage %Hero
    Health %Trait
    Health flatClass
    Health flat-
    Damage flatHero
    CCClass
    Damage flat-
    Damage %-
    Damage %Hero
    CCClass
    Damage %Class
    Health %-
    Damage flatHero
    Damage flatClass
    CD flatClass
    Which gives this distribution:
    Effect 
    CC5
    CD %7
    CD flat1
    Damage %6
    Damage flat6
    DR1
    Health %6
    Health flat4

Bonus 
    Hero6
    Class12
    Trait2
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    ShayHaShadowWalker
    For bonuses there is a cycle for every 19 craftings, and it's not depending on recipe. I can't believe I didn't see that at once, since it is so obvious when I look at my data now. Well I was more focused on getting a large sample size.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    BurmeliinisShadowWalker
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    So it seems slot and type is still random as well as the bonus trait.
    edited November 7
    Haven't been able to find a pattern in slot and set at least. Type of bonus and if there is a bonus is definitely not random. But if it is Ruthless or Vigilant might be random but I don't think it is completely random from the samples I have got, some bonus effects seems to be much more common.

Edit: I did a quick sumup, the only traits present are:
    Ruthless
    Strong
    Power Strike
    Vigilant
    Defensive Stance
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    Yeah I've seen folks with lucky and Dodge, other things, but pretty sure I only have bonuses from your trait list @magic
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    My old man brain isn't following this very well...is the implication that the badges are not random but show up in a set order of 38, with two different patterns?
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Billbam said:

My old man brain isn't following this very well...is the implication that the badges are not random but show up in a set order of 38, with two different patterns?

The effect is set only for certain recipes, but the bonus condition type is set no matter what recipe you use. If you craft using the MeEdChCl-recipe you will get an effect based on the pattern, it does not matter if you have crafted any badge with that recipe before, the effect will be based on the number of badges you have crafted before.
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    Apparently if you craft 38 badges using the same recipe (with the components in the same position) then the next 38 badges will be the same type. So for example, if the 1st badge you craft is a DR badge then the 39th will also be a DR badge. So you should be able to switch the components to legendary and craft a legendary DR badge in that scenario. Note that the position and shape of the badge is still random, but the type (DR, CC, etc.) and bonus should be the same.

So let's say you craft using Metal, Cloth, Edible, Chemical. You have to keep that same recipe and order but you can swap the rarity. If you change it to Cloth, Edible, Chemical, Metal it would break the cycle.

I am assuming the reason why some may have 6 of a certain type and another player may have 1 is because those results are still random for each player, it's just that whatever you craft is what will repeat for you.

I still haven't tried it yet. I will attempt it soon, since I have enough badges and will record my results. If I explained anything wrong then someone who has used this method before can correct me.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    OK thanks...so basically we need to save up a boat ton of components in large enough quantity to set the cycle then continue it until you get to the one you want.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• dlbdlb Member Posts: 285
    My first attempt at 38 was with the dr recipe of sardine sardine cloth metal and the cycle did not repeat. I next tried the metal sardine chemical cloth and it worked. 1 dr badge is all I got and I dreamed of programmer head roasted on an open fire on a stick for dinner.
    Has anyone actually tried the other alleged working 38 recipes?
    I don't think you can break the pattern.

Here is a table of my last 68 craftings. Look at how I change recipe at the end and then go back to MeEdChCl. The pattern continues, but I have just jumped over 3 results in the pattern, the 3 where I used a different recipe. Is it a coincident? We will know when other people test it out:
    Recipe-textCraftsman levelInput levelOutput levelSetShapeCycleEffect typeEffect valueCCCDDamDam RedHealthBonusHeroClassTrait
    MeEdChCl133ASW16CD12% 12%   3% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl122CNW17Dam6%  6%  2% Assault 
    MeEdChCl122BE18Dam7%  7%      
    MeEdChCl122DNW19HE300    30075  Ruthless
    MeEdChCl122CNW20CD9% 9%   2%Sasha  
    MeEdChCl122DNE21Dam142  142  36  Defensive Stance
    MeEdChCl122ENW22CC6%6%    2% Scout 
    MeEdChCl122DW23CC7%7%        
    MeEdChCl122CNE24HE6%    6%2%Negan  
    MeEdChCl122DNE25HE300    30075 Scout 
    MeEdChCl122ENE26HE8%    8%    
    MeEdChCl122DW27CD9% 9%       
    MeEdChCl122ESE28CD8% 8%   2%Governor  
    MeEdChCl122DSE29HE291    29173 Scout 
    MeEdChCl122EW30CD8% 8%   2% Assault 
    MeEdChCl122ESW31Dam165  165      
    MeEdChCl122BSE32HE7%    7%2%Merle  
    MeEdChCl122AE33HE7%    7%2% Warrior 
    MeEdChCl122BNE34DR6%   6% 2% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl122ASW35Dam6%  6%  2% Assault 
    MeEdChCl122CSW36CD8% 8%   2% Assault 
    MeEdChCl122BSW37CD9% 9%       
    MeEdChCl122EE38CC5%5%    1%  Power Strike
    MeEdChCl122BE1Dam6%  6%  2%Sasha  
    MeEdChCl122ENE2HE7%    7%2%  Vigilant
    MeEdChCl122DE3HE300    30075 Scout 
    MeEdChCl111CW4HE192    192    
    MeEdChCl111DSE5Dam72  72  18Negan  
    MeEdChCl111DNE6CC3%3%    1% Shooter 
    MeEdChCl111DNE7Dam80  80      
    MeEdChCl111CNE8Dam4%  4%      
    MeEdChCl113CSE9Dam9%  9%  2%Eugene  
    MeEdChCl111DSE10CC3%3%    1% Bruiser 
    MeEdChCl112CW11Dam5%  5%  1% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl111ENW12HE6%    6%    
    MeEdChCl113BSE13Dam224  224  56Governor  
    MeEdChCl112ENW14Dam144  144  36 Warrior 
    MeEdChCl115CNE15CD663 663   166 Assault 
    MeEdChCl111CSW16CD5% 5%   1% Warrior 
    MeEdChCl111ANW17Dam3%  3%  1% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl111DE18Dam4%  4%      
    MeEdChCl111CSW19HE175    17544  Power Strike
    MeEdChCl111BNW20CD5% 5%   1%Rosita  
    MeEdChCl112BSE21Dam138  138  34  Strong
    MeEdChCl112DSW22CC6%6%    2% Shooter 
    MeEdChCl111EW23CC4%4%        
    MeEdChCl111ANE24HE7%    7%2%Dwight  
    MeEdChCl112BNE25HE278    27870 Bruiser 
    MeEdChCl112CSE26HE7%    7%    
    MeEdChCl111ESE27CD6% 6%       
    MeEdChCl111DNE28CD5% 5%   1%Glenn  
    MeEdChCl111CSW29HE175    17544 Scout 
    MeEdChCl112AW30CD8% 8%   2% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl112BSW31Dam165  165      
    MeEdChCl111CSE32HE5%    5%1%Governor  
    MeEdChCl111CSW33HE5%    5%1% Assault 
    MeEdChCl133BW34DR10%   10% 2% Assault 
    MeEdChCl133BE35Dam9%  9%  2% Hunter 
    MeEdChCl133BSW36CD12% 12%   3% Assault 
    MeEdChCl133AE37CD13% 13%       
    MeEdChCl133ESW38CC10%10%    2%  Iron Skin
    MeEdChCl133CSW1Dam10%  10%  2%Dwight  
    MeEdChCl133CNE2HE11%    11%3%  Vigilant
    MeEdChCl134EE3HE720    720180 Shooter 
    MeMeMeMe133CW4DR11%   11%     
    EdEdEdEd133CSE5HE500    500125Glenn  
    ClClClCl134EW6Dam12%  12%  3% Shooter 
    MeEdChCl111CW7Dam82  82     
    Seriously, dude, how bout some Cliff's notes here?
    psychwolfATLAS-Z
    Changing the list is not possible. At least we could'nt figure out how. Tried a lot. But nothing worked so far. But hey, at least we know when to use our hard found/earned leg components.
    And yes, the type of the badge with Flat number or % and if there's a bonus or not never changes. Position and what bonus is still random.

NG also could benefit out of this. More bundles will be bought and more gold for component crafts will be used. So maybe a win-win situation for all.
    My 2edibles 2metal list and it is the same as using 1 of each.
    1. Damage %
    2. Crit damage %
    3. Crit damage %
    4. Crit chance
    5. Damage %
    6. Health %
    7. Health flat
    8. Health flat
    9. Damage flat
    10. Crit chance
    11. Damage flat
    12. Damage %
    13. Damage %
    14. Crit chance
    15. Damage %
    16. Health %
    17. Damage flat
    18. Damage flat
    19. Crit damage flat
    20. Crit damage %
    21. Damage %
    22. Damage %
    23. Health flat
    24. Crit damage %
    25. Damage flat
    26. Crit chance
    27. Crit chance
    28. Health %
    29. Health flat
    30. Health %
    31. Crit damage %
    32. Crit damage %
    33. Health flat
    34. Crit damage %
    35. Damage flat
    36. Health %
    37. Health %
    38. Damage reduction

Didn't do full cycle but enough to see the pattern with other 2+2 combo.
    If your results don't match on this then you are on the 6 dr cycle and then my advice is to do some crafting and make your list to see where your badges land. (Yes the list has been already made by someone and I've seen it but I just don't have it saved as I am not on it so can't share it)