Badge crafting

Comments

• SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    Thanks to @scottc for the concrete swap inspiration, to my guild mate @ochito starting this thread and others to contribute experiment results :) In Finland we have tried to solve this mystery with collective intelligence and shared data gathering for some months now and it seems that the mystery reveals its secret at least in some degree.

Luckily I got my swap to 6DR in the first attempt, starting from row 4.

- Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    scottcmagic
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 197
    Sabrina said:

Thanks to @scottc for the concrete swap inspiration, to my guild mate @ochito starting this thread and others to contribute experiment results :) In Finland we have tried to solve this mystery with collective intelligence and shared data gathering for some months now and it seems that the mystery reveals its secret at least in some degree.

Luckily I got my swap to 6DR in the first attempt, starting from row 4.

Looks like it took 12 MeEdChCl to get into the pattern, because as far as I know the first DR CD in the orange field is not in the 6-DR-pattern. How was your bonus condition pattern?
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    Sabrina
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 805
    Large said:

@ochito thanks!

The people that put in time and effort into figuring this out, will now have it disappear I’m sure, while others that spent nothing get it because you decided it wasn’t fair?

Congrats dude, NG will never give away a recipe for making a certain badge, so your 1/38 guarantee will now eventually be changed to 1/100 or so the next update, well done!

Firstly, I'm not as convinced that the current crafting system will "disappear".

Secondly, from my understanding the people that originally cracked the code have known about it for a very, very long time. I still have some sympathy for their secret getting out, but considerably less than if it had been a secret for 2 months and then gotten leaked...
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 566
    I have to agree that it's good it's out. We all know many players benefited from the airplane mode cheat to create perfect badges, so this find helps the non-cheating majority of players to reduce the gap. Like other have said before, this system only helps you know when to use those rare leg and epic fragments, but it still will give a random result, slot, set and bonus criteria.

So you maybe want a Set A slot 1 DR 20% + 5% bonus if Trait Retaliate but you end up with a Set E slot 5 DR 18% + 4% with Trait Marksman.
    Ingame username: Jubjab

So you maybe want a Set A slot 1 DR 20% + 5% bonus if Trait Retaliate but you end up with a Set E slot 5 DR 18% + 4% with Trait Marksman.

I don't think Retaliate and Marksman are part of the same set, it looks like there are only 3 different trait bonuses that is viable for each crafting.

The four sets are.
    Lucky, Sure Shot, Marksman
    Retaliate, Dodge, Bullet Dodge
    Vigilant, Defensive Stance, Strong
    Power Strike, Iron Skin, Ruthless

So if you craft an offensive badge when you have Lucky, Sure Shot, Marksman you are pretty safe, but you might not get the set you want.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,258
    I unlocked the code. Just got to wait another two weeks.
  • scottcscottc Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2019
    I've been looking over some of my old badge crafting notes. I may have found another spot where I crossed over from the 1 DR pattern to the 6 DR pattern.

Slot 36 using magic's numbering. (The first of two consecutive Damage flat badges)

According to my notes, I used a special recipe there, and there was no condition bonus. Then I used the normal one of each recipe. I eventually was on the 6 DR pattern.

Edit:. Now I'm not sure. It might have just been shoddy record keeping. One page definitely shows the 6 DR pattern, so I assumed it was continued from the previous page, where I was on the 1 DR pattern, but there may be a gap.
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,258
    edited November 2019
    This is my DR badge combo work the best for me to craft DR badges. I have posted similar videos before but no one believes me. This is just now to show you all what I do. Plus I get more % and added bonuses with these combos. There is another set that give me health badges just have to remember those ones. It’s two cloth and two edibles or chemicals cant remember.

Mansellepsychwolfm4sMFJigsaw
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 566
    @avelardez , yes that is also the recipe I used to recommend as it seemed to give the most DR badges. So definitely a good idea to use when the ABCD recipe would give you something useless!
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    @magic

> Looks like it took 12 MeEdChCl to get into the pattern, because as far as I know the first DR CD in the orange field is not in the 6-DR-pattern. How was your bonus condition pattern?

I think you are right: after 2 times of 3+1 components and 10 ABCD, the pattern should change (not 12 ABCD). I suppose that I was just too anxious to roll badges, see the results and putting data on the sheet at the same time. My mistake, thanks for correcting :)
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    Noting down shapes would be interesting for the pattern too, because each pattern has a shape cycle, as I have posted here: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/394051/#Comment_394051
    scottc
    edited November 2019
    > @avelardez said:
    > This is my DR badge combo work the best for me to craft DR badges. I have posted similar videos before but no one believes me. This is just now to show you all what I do. Plus I get more % and added bonuses with these combos. There is another set that give me health badges just have to remember those ones. It’s two cloth and two edibles or chemicals cant remember.
    >

Yes, I also found that recipe to give the highest number of DR badges.

The attached image shows my results from making 50 badges in each of the 9 groups of recipes and what recipes go in each group. (I was on the 6 DR pattern)

Edit: The 9 groups of recipes came from @Grady https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/368272#Comment_368272
    magic
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 142
    Thanks for all the great info!
    Can anyone clarify a few points:
    Does the pattern only "hold" if you keep ABCD components? Otherwise I'm not following why certain recipes can yield higher % of DR (higher than the ~16% you'd get in 6DR pattern). I'm guessing if your input is random, the pattern is as well?
    I've not been successful in switching between patterns yet. Will try other combos. I see others have similar luck, or have one combo work and not the other.
    Also are the back-to-back CC% in 1DR pattern the only known place to cross over?
    Thanks.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 858
    @Gothgul I have been unable to switch to the DR6 pattern yet also, tried several of the suggested AAAB recipes but no change. I am just watching the pattern I am on for now and only use my premium components on the best badges on the DR1 pattern.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

Gothgul said:

Thanks for all the great info!
    Can anyone clarify a few points:
    Does the pattern only "hold" if you keep ABCD components? Otherwise I'm not following why certain recipes can yield higher % of DR (higher than the ~16% you'd get in 6DR pattern). I'm guessing if your input is random, the pattern is as well?
    I've not been successful in switching between patterns yet. Will try other combos. I see others have similar luck, or have one combo work and not the other.
    Also are the back-to-back CC% in 1DR pattern the only known place to cross over?
    Thanks.

When you are on a pattern, shape and bonus type condition will always be from that pattern. But effect can vary based on the recipe. If you use a recipe from one of the other groups other than the MeEdChCl-group you might get a random effect, but shape and bonus condition will not be random. Changing recipe will not break the pattern. By using MeEdChCl only when you know you will get a DR-badge, you can use other recipes in the rest of the pattern without breaking the pattern. Only one of the 4 special recipes will change the pattern.

Exactly how the pattern is changed is a little unclear, that's why it would be helpful with a log of all craftings from those that attempt to break the pattern, to see how the shape, effect and bonus condition react during the process. Even if they don't succeed. The log should be as long as possible.

I haven't done the switch myself, waiting to upgrade the craftsman before I do, but as far as I know this is what you have to do to switch:

Pick one of these 4 special recipes, you are going to use the same recipe once, twice or maybe even more, with only frags and components of the same rarity/color:
    Metal, Metal, Metal, Chemicals
    Metal, Metal, Metal, Cloth
    Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals, Edibles
    Cloth, Cloth, Cloth, Chemicals

I don't know if you have to do it at a special spot in the pattern. Doing a full cycle with one of these special recipes might give more information.
    When I am going to try to change pattern I will use one of the special recipes until I see that the shape or bonus type is different from the pattern.

Either record all your craftings or note down recipe, shape, effect and bonus condition of each crafting from before you start and until you are on a new pattern and share it with the community so that we might analyze it and find out more of how the changing of pattern works.

I think I managed to switch! I was getting frustrated, so I started trying the special recipes at other double badge spots in 1DR pattern. I had already tried each of the 4 at the 7 and 8 positions (CC). It always settled back on 1DR. After crafting a leg DR at #19, at 21 and 22 (CD%), I tried MeMeMeCL x2. The first gave CD%, but second was Flat Damage, followed by 5 more that did not match any pattern. At 28, it settled back on 1DR. At 36 and 37 (both flat Damage), I tried ChChChEd x3 (why 3? no idea). Each gave the expected result for the pattern, then diverged again for 3 badges before settling on 1DR again at #4. At #7 and 8 I tried ClClClCh x2. This diverged from pattern for 9 badges, then settled on the 6DR pattern! Didnt have enough to craft a leg, so used epic when it should have been DR and got DR.
    So in the end it was still the same #7 and 8 position that worked.
    19 DR Class
    20 Damage % Class D% abcd class
    21 CD % Class CD10% mmmCl
    22 CD % - Dam+365 mmmCl
    23 CC Trait CD10% abcd ass
    24 Damage % Hero Dam7% abcd retaliate
    25 Health % Trait Dam6% abcd hero
    26 Health flat Class Dam7% abcd hunter
    27 Health flat - H 8% abcd war
    28 Damage flat Hero Dam 335 abcd hero
    29 CC Class CC12% abcd scout
    30 Damage flat - Dam385 abcd
    31 Damage % - Dam8% abcd
    32 Damage % Hero Dam6% abcd hero
    33 CC Class CC7% abcd Bru
    34 Damage % Class Dam7% abcd ass
    35 Health % - H% abcd
    36 Damage flat Hero D- ChChChEd trait
    37 Damage flat Class D- ChChChEd hero
    38 CD flat Class CD- ChChChEd
    1 CD % Class D% abcd trait
    2 Damage % Class H% abcd trait
    3 Damage % - H% abcd trait
    4 Health flat Trait H- abcd trait
    5 CD % Hero CD abcd hero
    6 Damage flat Trait D- abcd trait
    7 CC Class CC ClClClCh hero
    8 CC - CC ClClClCh hero
    9 Health % Hero D- abcd hero
    10 Health flat Class CC abcd hero
    11 Health % - CD- abcd trait
    12 CD % - DR% abcd trait
    13 CD % Hero D- abcd
    14 Health flat Class CD% abcd hero
    15 CD % Class H- abcd hero
    16 Damage flat - H- abcd hero
    17 Health % Hero CC abcd trait
    18 Health % Class CC abcd trait
    19 DR Class CD- abcd
    20 Damage % Class CD- abcd class
    21 CD % Class D- abcd hero
    22 CD % - H% abcd trait
    23 CC Trait DR14% abcd

magic
    Very interesting to see how you are taken back to the main pattern after using special recipes. I have looked more at my data, and when I count back to my first crafting ever I see that the double CC are actually at the start and the end of the 38-cycle. So the first CC at 7 might be the last spot in the cycle, and the last CC at 8 might actually be the very first spot in the cycle, if I have counted correctly, and not deleted any of my badges.

But people have been able to change pattern other places too, at least at 26-27, which then are exactly 19 spots away from the CC. So these two places might hold some significance.

When I look at all your craftings you are more out of the DR-1 pattern than into it, maybe that has some significance.

I also see that you landed the same place as scottc in the DR-6 pattern. So where you jump and where you land is probably not completely random.
    For the first time I have been able to break the 1DR pattern after using the ClClClCh recipe, need more frags to continue but so far so good. All previous attempts immediately went back to the 1DR pattern after the 2x recipe was used. 6 down 6 to go so will need to wait until next weeks distance to continue. Would be nice if the Component shop had bundles with JUST frags, I pretty sure we all have hundreds of common/uncommon components available.
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats

• DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,457
    > @Billbam said:
    > For the first time I have been able to break the 1DR pattern after using the ClClClCh recipe, need more frags to continue but so far so good. All previous attempts immediately went back to the 1DR pattern after the 2x recipe was used. 6 down 6 to go so will need to wait until next weeks distance to continue. Would be nice if the Component shop had bundles with JUST frags, I pretty sure we all have hundreds of common/uncommon components available.

At one point in cycle did you jump? I’m currently on #37 for my next craft and I want to jump to cycle 1. I have 17 5* frags but no components, but plenty of low stuff to make jump
    @Drunken on the list I have it was #1 which on the 1DR is CD% Class, Dam$ Class, Dam%

• ochitoochito Member Posts: 12
    I believe I was also finally able to switch, I seem to have succeeded by using 3 times Cloth, Cloth, Cloth, Chemicals at the point where my next 3 would have been damage %, damage %, critical chance. I ran out of components to be sure but at least it looks like I landed on health flat, DR, DR spot in the 6 DR cycle after some random results
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    @magic just wanted to thank you for gathering all these bits of knowledge. Following the pattern works like a charm and saves those legendary components for something which is really needed.

Apparently I'm on the 6 DR pattern.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
    Pretty sad when you are opening a silver mission crate hoping it will be an uncommon chemical component hahaha

Jenng
    Lol @Billbam. Doing the same thing...I'm like.. another crap legendary weapon, some gold, ok,...Ohh nice! A common badge fragment!
    To me they are worth almost as much as Epic+ badge materials now, since they will take the place of all the other hard earned materials that would otherwise have been (most likely) wasted. Hell, I may even spend gold or $ now to get Legendary materials which would never have happened before.
    JenngATLAS-ZFirekid
    Finally got switched over to the 6DR pattern! Took trying with 3 special recipes to get it to take, cloth cloth cloth chemical worked for me. And the 3DR pattern kicked in on the 9th roll when Health Flat Dodge showed up.

Hf H ClClClC
    H% H ClClClC
    1 Hf H MECCl
    2 DR T MECCl marksman
    3 CDf T MECCl dodge
    4 H% MECCl
    5 D% H MECCl
    6 CC% H MECCl
    7 CC% H MECCl
    8 Hf T MECCl strong

9 Hf T MECCl dodge
    10 DR MECCl
    11 DR C MECCl
    12 H% H MECCl

tabernacSPC_TORRES
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,378
    edited November 2019
    Heres is what I did:

Craft five on same recipe to identify pattern;
    Craft one different recipe, then another five (with initial recipe) - pattern didn't change;
    Crafted a different recipe twice, then back to original recipe for another five to identify pattern - it changed.

Now I only craft the same recipe to avoid problems.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,457
    @Billbam where we’re you in rotation when you jumped?

I’ve tried at 1, 20, 36, 38 and still on cycle 2
    Drunken said:

@Billbam where we’re you in rotation when you jumped?

I’ve tried at 1, 20, 36, 38 and still on cycle 2

If my calculations are correct, Billbam crafted badge 27 and 28 with Cloth, Cloth, Cloth, Chemicals. Then he switched to Metal, Edibles, Chemicals, Cloth

----------

I have now successfully changed from the 1 DR pattern to the 6 DR pattern 3 different times. Every time, I crafted badge 8 with Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals, Edibles, then switched to Metal, Edibles, Chemicals, Cloth. I have failed to switch patterns at several different points in the 1 DR pattern with Chemicals, Chemicals, Chemicals, Edibles, but It hasn't failed me yet when I use it on badge 8.
    SPC_TORRES
    I started my 2 cycle at the top of Magics list that he posted on page 2 or 3 and went down from there.

Green in middle is the 6 dr list and right block is actual crafting and where pattern started