The Herd AGAIN!?!?!?!?

BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
@Fluxxx I hate to sound like a broken record but THE HERD again...please spare us this mindless clicking for XP so many of us dont need, too few radios, gold and tokens to be of any real use. When is NG going to get creative with weekend events? We just had a component event and we will be getting a new hero this week so why why why do we not have a free badge removal event? I know a no body shot weekend is out of the question, after all that is what so many really want, but please SOMETHING useful.
13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
New entry level Boot Camp Chat
Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

TroublemakerMFJigsawDrhooKyrusRenopwnsbigbeanodlbDanski_46flyingcowkingLoneWanderer360Governatorm4sbababooey

Comments

• reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 90
    edited November 6
    YES, reduced radio herd once again! Such a festive feeling!
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    flyingcowking
  • ManselleManselle Member Posts: 22
    I agree with @Billbam , i'm really expecting a free badge removal. Tomato monday is already a disappoint, at least for me. Can we run free badge swap removal this time.. you guys still have time or just pair it with The Herd.. 😅😅😁
    MFJigsawDrhooKyrusRenopwnsCaptoon
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 106
    +1 disappointed
  • magicmagic Member Posts: 118
    According to the pattern the free badge removal event will come on monday.

Maybe the herd could drop hero tokens? Or components?

The "no body shots" event sounds cool!
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    ShadowWalker
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 250
    edited November 6
    I'm definitely in favor of a better event... But doesn't it feel like we only have about 4-5 weekend events to choose from anymore? You got the herd, radioactive, component, reduced gas, reduced healing... There once was gold Rush, but I haven't seen that in ages. Same for guild week. Am I missing some? What else is there?

Edit to add: Instead of inferring, I should just say it out loud... Anybody got any ideas for a fun NEW weekend event?
    ShadowWalkerKyrusDanski_46Jenng
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 250
    That's a really good idea @Reeconn .
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    Agree adding useful items to the herd would be a big help...reroll and reinforcement tokens for sure and how about going back to the old ways where radios were not so scarce.

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    Good news on the badge swap, cheers Fluxxx. With the release of Alpha I want to beef up some neglected ranged survivors and hopefully add some variety to the game.

I personally love the herd. The occasional gas and class tokens are nice and it's not overbearing in a way that 1 min gas can be.
    JenngBWilsMrLucky
    edited November 6
    Fluxxx said:

The herd is just back on regular rotation, but we will run the badge event on Monday-Tuesday. I understand where this is coming from, but the herd does benefit a lot of players, and we can't cater to everyone every week unfortunately :/ Not to say that we won't think of ways to improve some of the events - I have been collecting your feedback on various aspects of the game, we just need the time to plan and actually implement these.

Thanks for the quick reply. Bad news for people who are excited to get Alpha badged up for this week, especially since it is hunters charged, a perfect challenge to test her out. And some may get use out of the herd but cant we set up weekend events to help the majority by running a couple of events. Even 5 sec upgrades to help us use our XP would be helpful and would not adversely affect the NG economy. Again if the herd is the only event the add some reroll or reinforcement tokens to give everyone something to click for.

Renopwnsmaku11
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 93
    Wars?
    ATLAS-Z said:

The only event we don't complain about is...

...uhmmm...

...welll.....

....errr..... can I get back to you?

Exactly why we need a total reboot of the weekend events...even doubling up doesnt really make them exciting anymore.

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    @Billbam it's because the game has reached maturation

We used to love x2 XP, x2 Supplies, etc but many folks don't need anything anymore.

We need radios (always) & re-roll tokens, and gold components? Gold maybe?

That's pretty much it?

They can't give us Radio-active every weekend (the event we complain about the least).

We need to dream up a new resource, or a new way to buff survivors, or something that gets us excited to boost and grind for loot. Something.

A new council update will get us moving for a week to a month depending on your aggressiveness. But then we're back where we started.

Maybe we can think about multiclass survivors? Hunter/Warrior or Shooter/Scout?

And we need a different resource other than silver XP to level in the second class?

GOLD XP??????
    OMG @Shteevie write that one down!
    @Fluxxx
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngBWils
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 325
    Better herd than jackpot or component event
    SPC_TORRESTCBRITOJenngCaptoon
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 394
    @Fluxxx is there any chance the rebadge event could be extended to include this weekend?
    Reason I ask is that I would like the opportunity to switch everything around, but a Monday night after work especially when The Walking Deads on telly in the UK isn't really an option.
    Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
    Jenng
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,198
    ignas said:

Better herd than jackpot or component event

Don't know if I agree with that. Legendary badges (and the components/fragments that make them) and radios are the things that most appeal to me, and I got a ton of both during the last Jackpot. The Component event is great as it lets me trade up my shitty components.

Extra gas is nice, but gas is cheap and I find that I can easily get to RSL42 with the regular amount of gas we get each week. The other Herd rewards are shite, especially because we get about the same number of radios. 1-2 tokens for regular survivors? LoL
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    AchillesVATLAS-ZJaden
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 119
    I'm not even max level and the herd event pulls a great big "MEH" from my lungs. Really wish they would change the rewards the walkers give you during herd event; replace all XP and Tomatoes with class tokens and it would be far more appealing.
    AchillesVJenng
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 379
    @Fluxxx
    How about sneaking in a few Alpha tokens in that Herd! I think that might change some minds! :p
    JenngdlbCaptoon
  • dlbdlb Member Posts: 285
    I'd be much happier if they would eliminate common thru rare gear completely. I'd give up a month or two of weekend events for that. It's only purpose in the game is to prevent you from receiving something useful.
    fretjeCaptoonJadenWahooDawg
  • CaptoonCaptoon Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 62
    Poor Fluxx... There is literally NOTHNG that you guys won't complain about :D
    ShadowWalkerMrLuckyKyrus
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    > @dlb said:
    > I'd be much happier if they would eliminate common thru rare gear completely. I'd give up a month or two of weekend events for that. It's only purpose in the game is to prevent you from receiving something useful.

If there were no common thru rare gear, then epic and legendary would be the new common and rare.

Point being, the only thing that makes them legendary is that there are less quality items on the game.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    Jenng
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,019
    I like the herd! Yes, there's a ton of useless XP, but there is also gold, gas and tokens. And the occasional radio. I always earn a ton of gas during Herd weekends.

Not complaining!

If you want a different weekend event idea, how about discounted radio calls weekend? Discounter survivor token upgrades? Those would get me really excited!
    JenngMrLucky