Domination of melee sucks

KasimirKasimir Member Posts: 122
At the current challenge i have to play melee to get some results at all. Hunters starting charged up but for what? All the new weapons, new ranged traits,... nonsense... then that stupid Alpha hype.... will she be the game changer? Defenitely not. Even with her shotgun which i can hang over my fireplace right beside the Zweihaender. If the new upgrade doesnt close that gap i can take away all tha badges from my ranged toons. Melee are at least 5-8 levels better than ranged toons... please NG do something
BurmeliinisDrhooMFJigsaw

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 248
    Agree.

Simple actions to balance things:

* Improve Piercing to same level as Razor (i.e. gold piercing 30% -> 45%)
    * Improve Sure Shot to same level as Power Strike (i.e. additional damage, too)
    * Altogether remove the sound effect of firing, i.e. wandering or still walkers will not react to shooting, only to distance of survivors

Another thing, which required more work, is to revamp the walkers. Now pretty much all special walkers are geared against shooters. Fast walkers and whisperers are good for shooters, but they aren't in any maps! Why not make small changes to the challenge and take out some armored walkers and put in fast walkers or whisperers instead?
    ArtminiusTroublemakerRenopwnsMFJigsaw
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    What sucks most of this melee unbalance is that all moves are a gamble. Your gamble does not work, you have to burn resources to try again.

Gambling wasn't so nasty when the unbalance was towards ranged.

It is not coherent with a game that positions itself as "strategy".
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family