Alpha thread

Ok so unlocked alpha and here are my initial thoughts.... completely useless as epic. Her leader trait is too low and lack of critical aim means pretty much any hunter you have is better. When she gets to legendary she may become slightly useful but probably still not as good as Sasha. 2 pink stars and we may start to see her shine. That’s is a long long way off (I’ve only just got SR to 2 pink) particularly for people who don’t unlock her with this campaign. I hope I’m wrong and there is something in the winter update which helps but at the moment it’s a swing and a miss from NG for me.
BuckzzManselletabernacbigbeanoDanski_46DrhooTroublemakerbababooey

Comments

• ManselleManselle Member Posts: 22
    I agree with you @Firekid .. Sasha is still the queen of hunters IMO, even without rerolling her traits.. Her LT alone, will help you a lot..
    MudMoccasin
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 196
    I think you hit the “it was fun” part. But I don’t see her being included in a deep grind at rsl 40+. Just don’t think she quite competes past “fun”
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 9
    I touched upon this on a previous thread. When we get her to legendary and it's up to 15% with CA helping out I think it will be noticeably better. I still don't understand why the body shot part doesn't change until 7*, it's an incredible investment for little gain.

In the end, this is a game and if something is fun it shouldn't be dismissed. Seems completely illogical to me, what works best 40+ isn't the be all and end all of the game. Hopefully when she is levelled we should be able to use a variety of teams along the way until Stabby Rick and co inevitably take over.
    FirekidShadowWalkerJenng
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 196
    Oh I agree @WellyLuga ! If we can have fun going into the high levels, that relieves the grind and it’s freakin awesome.

But as far as her making ranged balanced, imo, I don’t think it accomplished that. It’s still a scout bruiser world
    JadenWellyLuga
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    edited November 9
    Well at the end of the day, scouts dish out the most damage. And bruisers can soak the most damage (and stun).

Eventually you will reach a point that's all that matters.

It's hard to imagine any strategy that will change that?

In a way that not exploitable by the very clever veteran player base?

But yeah, until you reach that point... making the road there less tedious and more fun? That's a definite win in my book.

More options with less tedious grind. Yes, you all know I like that.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JadenShadowWalkerJenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,821
    Yeah these were my first (drunk) impressions when using her on shine a light on 38.2 with 2 shooters with gold piercing and fired off about 10-15 shots in two attempts and every single one was a body shot. I mean even with just piercing I should have got at least 1 normal hit. I can’t wait to get her to legendary and trying her out again. Hope that 5% boost will make a difference. I think she will be useful up until 40-41 when she is 7*.
    WellyLugaShadowWalkerJenng
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,806
    edited November 9
    True, but ranged shouldn't be dependent on a hero at 7* to be competitive. On a double call it takes a large amount of radios and it's obviously going to be some time before we see a call like that for Alpha. As @Firekid mentioned, I have none of the new heroes at 7*.

Whilst razor is a big factor, I think it's more the new melee hero traits that make it so imbalanced. I think we'd have a much harder time reaching the levels we do if our best melee leader was Michonne/Jesus/Morgan/Eugene and our highest damaging scout was Carol or a non-hero one. Whilst they're all good the LT of Rick/Glenn/Daryl are so much more powerful. I can't see the balance ever being even but at least this gets it closer.
    FirekidJenng
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,234
    NG was very conservative with her leader trait.

Reminds me of bruiser Morgan before the buff.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ATLAS-ZMFJigsaw
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,069
    edited November 9
    Here is she at 39

For some reason after the last Apple update my videos load as unedited and the full video on YouTube even after I cut it down. That sucks.

ShadowWalker
  • Carl_Tyreese999Carl_Tyreese999 Member Posts: 14
    Personally I agree with @WellyLuga and @ATLAS-Z , she is fun and I think if nothing else she was worth getting because a whisperer looks cool in your team. Once we get chances for more tokens she will be much better, and @Troublemaker i have a working theory that her leader trait was so conservative because NG is going to release an Alt Hero version of her hopefully with her mask on, but well see what happens
    JenngTroublemaker
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 619
    Since she's a whisperer her LT should have been a ranged TR. I think that would have been cool. Load up on ranged silence and reduce spawn to 0. That might be a high level range option.
    JenngATLAS-ZAchillesVTroublemaker
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    FirekidUrbanjesus
  • CrowTRobotCrowTRobot Member Posts: 83
    Since Alpha is a whisperer, she should not trigger walkers to become aware, and further, she should be able to walk among them and not get hit
    JenngCarl_Tyreese999
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 308

Since Alpha is a whisperer, she should not trigger walkers to become aware, and further, she should be able to walk among them and not get hit

She's not in her skin.
    JenngUrbanjesus