THAT HARPOON RIFLE IS GARBAGE!!

On the back of reading it traits and what it could do I bought the £21.99 bundle and I thought that could come in really handy stopping the tanks and spikes in there tracks so they cant reach you while your other survivors unload on them BUT when it came to using it was S**T to say the least!! Major issue which I think really needs to be changed on this weapon I the next update @Fluxxx is that really it only becomes a harpoon gun once its charged and then only for the one go before you need to collect the charge points all over again!!! By that time the tank/spiked walkers have already had you for breakfast lunch and tea it takes so long!! So basically roughly 75% of the time it's really just a rifle!! You cant call it the harpoon gun when it only fires them once charged! So theres no chance of making the weapon effective or even making it out to be this great special weapon!! The whole point in having it is it fires harpoon's?? So it should fire them all the time!! Its like having a flare gun that doesn't fire flares?!! I really think it needs addressing on the next update.
RealClareBreekookrBurmeliinisBuckzzUrbanjesus

Comments

• TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 196
    edited November 9
    I completely agree I really do

But with that being said first, there were numerous threads with others complaining the day it came out stating it only targeted one walker on the charge attack. Do a quick research next time you go to buy a gun, guaranteed there’s threads out there for it, good and bad, then decide. That’s one of the great things about this forum. Having a lot of people who are honest and even blunt haha

Doesn’t take away from the fact that it seems like most think it’s crap lol but, save yourself a headache next time
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,631
    I only bought the Harpoon Gun because the bundle offered other resources I wanted (i.e., ReRoll tokens). The Harpoon Gun was basically the icing on the cake that I got. It's OK for some maps, but not very good for general game play IMO. I stopped using it even for the higher-level Distance maps. I rank it right up there with the Pickle Jar. I won't be spending Reinforcement Tokens on it when we bump up to the next Council level.
    SPC_TORRESbladgierbigbeanoBurmeliinis
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 272
    > @Governator said:
    I rank it right up there with the Pickle Jar.

Hey, Pickle Jar is awesome. It may not be a Phased Plasma Rifle, but it gets the job done.
    bigbeanoGovernatorRenopwns
  • dalmerdalmer Member Posts: 43
    > @ATLAS-Z said:
    > Make it silent and I'll change my opinion and it goes straight on Alpha.

Then it will be op, like winter bow is now.
    But with golden silent trait it could be interesting and maybe it could take Daryl back from nowhere?
    What do you think @Fluxxx ?
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 196
    edited November 10
    Disagree. Don’t give NG ideas like that to mess with us lol It wouldn’t be “op” at all to have it silent.

The winter bow is the best shooter weapon currently in a lot of players eyes, and all the traits is what make it worth buying for sure. But I think your use of OP is off a bit lol

if they took a trait off to give it a golden silent trait, it wouldn’t even be good anymore.......what would you take off to trade for silent? Wide bore? Crap. Piercing? Crap. Critical? Crap. Remember it can’t be A built in functionality Because the stun already is

Now If they made it silent and fixed the charge attack, we could start talking about it being op, until then, no way
    bigbeano
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 367
    I stopped using the Harpoon Gun after about 20 minutes
    psychwolfbigbeanoRenopwns
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    Perhaps for the winter event... We can get a winter Long Bow for hunters??

SHORT BOW

LONG BOW

Just make sure it's silent @Fluxxx

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    ShadowWalkerRenopwnsJaden
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 985
    So glad I didn’t buy that weak sauce! Used mine on the fire pistol bow
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 619
    I'd rather see the normal attack have a chance to root based on bodyshot and charged attack a guaranteed root, much like a bruiser. Forget the single target charged attack too, that's BS for a hunter. Until then, it'll collect dust with all the unusable 'special' weapons.
    Danski_46psychwolfSg_DeathRenopwns
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 738
    I've said before that if you shoot with a harpoon it will go through everything in its path to reach the target, should have never been a single target special attack.
    psychwolfSg_DeathRenopwnsLoneWanderer360
  • FahqbendoverFahqbendover Member Posts: 406
    Doesn’t work well on freemen either
    psychwolfSg_Death
  • RenopwnsRenopwns Member Posts: 119
    Why are all the special hunter weapons so disappointing? Remember the "Summer of Explosions" and all the outrage that broke out on this forum when everyone realized that even the legendary RPG sucked?? NG actually fixed it!!! Maybe they can do the same for the harpoon gun. It's a great concept but it really should be silent, and maybe stun 2 walkers in a line instead of just a single target?
    Fahqbendover
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,712
    edited November 13
    We cry it from the hilltops...

Make it silent! Make it silent! Oh @Shteevie please please make that Harpoon gun silent!!?

And then we go back about our business and hope.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    RenopwnsSg_Death
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 488
    Absolutely silent and damage all of the walkers it passes through prior to reaching its target. If the winter bow can be silent this should be also. Will never use it otherwise. And dump Root and make it normal stun.
    13 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    New entry level Boot Camp Chat
    Our top 2 Global Guilds form a team of 40 Top 20 in Elite & Bottom 20 in Recon
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• tabernactabernac Member Posts: 769
    Billbam said:

Absolutely silent and damage all of the walkers it passes through prior to reaching its target. If the winter bow can be silent this should be also. Will never use it otherwise. And dump Root and make it normal stun.

Agree with everything but the last bit. The thing that makes this gun special is that it's harpoon gun for whales/Fatties. Being an anti-Tank gun is what makes it unique in terms of slowing them down.
    ATLAS-Zjimmorrison369WellyLuga
  • UrbanjesusUrbanjesus Member Posts: 110
    Sounds like there's plenty of ideas to fix it. All I know is it's garbage as it is right now. A free weapon with fire will do ya better every time.
    Sg_Death