Waaaaay too early speculation on the next Winter Campaign

First off I just want to thank NG for the Golden Fall Campaign, especially for listening to player feedback on the awards. I got three cool new weapons for free, and then I even treated myself to Alpha's shotgun. I am looking forward to using these weapons in the coming challenges.

Anyway, I just wanted to speculate on the possible awards we will get for the next Winter Campaign, assuming we get one of course. In particular I was wondering about what type of weapon would be the main prize and which one we may get for resetting the Distance.

So far we have had:

1. Summer of Explosion: RPG (Hunter) - Legendary RPG (Hunter)

2. Winter Walkerland Campaign: Winter Bow (Shooter) - Hockey Stick (Bruiser)

3. Spring Campaign: Zweihander (Bruiser) - Spear (Scout)

4. Gunpowder Summer: Musket (Scout) - Flaming Crossbow (Hunter)

5. Golden Fall: Dragon's Tongue (Warrior) - Golden Assault Rifle (Assault)

The only class that hasn't had a featured weapon yet is the Assault class. Will @Governator finally get a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range for Christmas? Or perhaps a new flamethrower to keep us warm during the winter? Maybe the Winter Assault Rifle, with the traits the Golden AR was originally suppose to have plus a 4th trait to make it interesting?

My second guess would be a Hunter weapon. The RPG is a piece of junk, so if we were to repeat a class before going on to Assault then it should be Hunter. Asking for a Buckshot Shotgun is probably too much considering it's a new weapon, but since we unlocked Alpha an opportunity for everyone to get her shotgun (even an epic one) would be pretty sweet.

As for the weapon we would have to reset the Distance for, we haven't had a Warrior or Shooter weapon yet. Considering the fact Golden Fall just had a Warrior/Assault combo my money will be on a Shooter weapon. Since the Winter Bow made it's debut in the last winter campaign, it would be cool if we got the opportunity to get a second one. Perhaps with different traits though, like Point Blank Shot instead of High Powered, or make it a Flaming Winter Bow with Gold Incendiary, Piercing, and Silver High Powered? Just make sure to keep 100% silence!!!! The Winter Bow is arguably the best Shooter weapon and I would definitely reset the Distance three times for it.

Another option could be the Winter Flare Gun. I probably wouldn't care for resetting the Distance three times for this weapon, but perhaps if NG goes the 500 tokens route like during the Fall campaign then this could be the weapon we get for resetting the Distance once.

If we don't get a shooter weapon, then the Hockey Stick would be a solid choice again. Considering we had to reset the Distance an absurd amount of times last year, the chance to get a Hockey Stick under more fair conditions would be much appreciated. It would also make up for the Zweihander :lol:

Besides the weapons, I am sure we can expect the usual hero tokens (perhaps some Alpha tokens?), gas, radios, and random legendary gear. It would also be nice to get some extra Reinforcement tokens, since they were removed to make room for other awards during this campaign.
GovernatorDeathwish19TroublemakerDrhooBurmeliinisWellyLugaMudMoccasinJenng

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 834
    Yes a silent hunter weapon would be perfect for ranged....of course a redo of the two handled sword with stun and its increased damage would be nice also.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & 6DR Transition Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

TCBRITO
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 536
    I would like the Winter Assault Rifle with a silencer, or the Crossbow is a good idea too. One thing we definitely don't want though is a weapon that has a special functionality with too many drawbacks that make it practically useless. I think NG does a good job coming up with special functionalities, but then they worry about the weapon being too good and nerf it way too much like the RPG, Zweihander, and even the Musket to a lesser extent. Some people may add the Dragon's Tongue to that list because of the charge attack, but since it only costs 2 charge points it evens out in my opinion, but still the only universally loved campaign weapon we have is the Winter Bow.
    Deathwish19BurmeliinisJenng
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,357
    +1 for the winter flare gun! Really really want one. Love the idea of a silent hunter weapon that would be awesome!
    Burmeliinis
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    A bruiser weapon with extra range (like the spear), but without an arc (like Morgan's Staff) would be an interesting option.
    ShadowWalkerbigbeano
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,809
    edited November 2019
    New bruiser weapon: Battle Axe Shotgun

Arc normal attack stuns (staff)

Charge attack area like pickle jar (stun)

Buuuhhh ring it!

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    JadenShadowWalkerDanski_46Renopwns
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    To be fair I would be quite happy to get a new pair of the winter bow and hockey stick.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,194
    edited November 2019
    Nice post!

I think of any class it's the assault/hunter that needs a little love. I would like to see assaults being able to have a chance of stunning on normal attacks, whether it's a critical aim type weapon trait or something like that. Hunters need more of the root effect, if the harpoon gun had a chance to root it's target on normal attacks I think it would see more use. Crowd control and less threat created to bring them on par with melee.
    RenopwnsJenng
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 536
    As a fan of wacky weapon ideas, I am now 100% behind a snowball cannon.
    Jenng

I'm just saying...

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    ShadowWalkerSPC_TORRESRenopwnsGovernator
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 412
    Silent Assault Bow
    ATLAS-Z

Pew-pew Crossbow?

ShadowWalkerJenngGovernator
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    On second thoughts, we already have a lot of special weapons, how about some armor with special abilities?
    LoneWanderer360TCBRITO
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 483
    AchillesV said:

On second thoughts, we already have a lot of special weapons, how about some armor with special abilities?

Head on over here and contribute!
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41597/time-to-do-the-armor
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,906

The only class that hasn't had a featured weapon yet is the Assault class. Will @Governator finally get a Phased Plasma Rifle in the 40 Watt Range for Christmas?

Christmas came early this year. :sunglasses:

Jenngdovey