Threads Are Still Showing As New Even After I've Read Them, Any Ideas Why?

The bruiser special call thread has new next to it which is great because it let's me know there's new content I've not seen. However before today I could read the thread and the new label would disappear. Tonight though even though I've read the thread and many others the new label persists. Is this something I've screwed up or has the forum changed settings?
Elder of guild 'Aloha Snackbar'
FirekidShadowWalkerTCBRITOfearofthedarkAndreaRealClareBTHCrossMrLuckyJenng

Best Answer

• ScowleyScowley Posts: 403
    Accepted Answer
    Fluxxx said:

I contacted the host. They've figured out a fix and will push out sometime soon, so hopefully not much longer!

@Fluxxx It appears that the issue has been resolved, thanks for your assistance.

Answers

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,869
    Yeah same issue here, bloody annoying!
    TCBRITOJenng
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,493
    Thanks for the report!
    Jenng
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 785
    I'm in the same boat.
    JenngTCBRITO
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 1,998
    Glad I'm no the only one
    SPC_TORRESJenngTCBRITO
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 403
    @zbot the thread is also showing as 'answered' even though I haven't ticked a 'Did this answer your question?' box.

Just incase that threw you off track I can still confirm the issue is outstanding.
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 703
    edited November 27
    Scowley said:

@zbot the thread is also showing as 'answered' even though I haven't ticked a 'Did this answer your question?' box.

Just incase that threw you off track I can still confirm the issue is outstanding.

I think his "Thanks for the report!" was considered an answer. Though the issue itself, has not been RESOLVED, your comment has been, as far as they're concerned, responded to, and therefore, "answered"..... ;)
  • ScowleyScowley Member Posts: 403

@Silverhawk I've added a screenshot which shows the 'Did this answer your question' Yes and No choices which appear when you create a thread and select the option to post it as a question for those who haven't seen it before.

I thought if was working correctly that the creator decides if it's been answered or not (I could however be wrong, and often am according to the wife.)

I hope everyone appreciates that I didn't post to hurry @zbot I was just letting them know that the issue was still outstanding, especially if they saw the thread as closed and thought it was resolved.
    I also considered that it maybe another symptom of the issue if the Yes No option is also not working as intended.

zeekdogRealClareBMrLucky
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,865
    Read this one
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    JenngbigbeanoDrhoo
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 386
    This chat is jacked. Furr shur.
    Jenng
  • MrLuckyMrLucky Member Posts: 386
    I LOVE that this thread is marked "Answered" :p
    Classic.
    bigbeanoJenngTCBRITO
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,251

Between my novels of notifications and every single thread being “new” I’m totally lost. lol
    MrLuckyScowleybigbeanoSPC_TORRES
  • zbotzbot Legendary Moderator Posts: 6,493
    edited November 29
    @Scowley for question thread, if there is a response (any response) it's considered answered, don't ask me why, it's always been that way, but the OP has the say in whether their question is answered as post that is chosen yes shows up first on top.

@Jenng and everyone else, try the following:

From desktop mode or from your computer, click on the gear (setting icon), click mark all viewed

That's cleared things up for me. Either that or the forum is working again.

Nope I have to keep doing it, so forum is still broken.

Jenngbigbeano
  • JenngJenng Member Posts: 3,251
    @zbot

It clears when you comment on a thread. Lol I’m about to get real mouthy all up in here. :p Prepare for my opinion erbody! Get excited 😜

bigbeanocapibaraJadenSPC_TORRES
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,059
    Oh, yay!

Forum also all of a sudden things we need huuuge empty spaces between paragraphs, because... you know... otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell. :sweat_smile:
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JenngSPC_TORRES
  • JadenJaden Member Posts: 3,059
    edited November 30
    Oh, after commenting, it is not bold anymore and the "new" is gone, still showed 20 unread messages, though, in case of this thread... after "reading" it a second time, that was gone, too.

Forum is very, very drunk...
    Leader of Morbid Sinners and Morbid Spirits

Morbid Survivors are looking for you! If you are looking for a new guild, PM me.
    JenngTCBRITOSPC_TORRES
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 271
    Top 5 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please send a email to either join or to discuss a merger to:
    [email protected]
    You can also apply through our Discord server. https://discord.gg/9QzFAVF
    JenngDrhoo
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 703
    I don’t understand why, when it’s the game that needs fixing, they decided instead to add another council lvl and go ahead and tinker with the forum.....

Plumbing isn’t working and the electricity keeps cutting out. So..... we’re going to add on to the master bedroom and rearrange the garden.
    JenngScowleybababooey
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,239
    @TCBRITO

;)
    Elder in Legacy Eh, a top 10 global Challenge and Guild Wars guild
    PM me or visit this link to join the Eh family!
    Visit this link for my Distance and Challenge strategy videos
    TCBRITOZetteJaden
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,865
    > @JayZ said:
    > @TCBRITO
    >
    > ...
    >
    > ;)

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 422
    I contacted the host. They've figured out a fix and will push out sometime soon, so hopefully not much longer!
    ATLAS-ZimnfictionJaden
  • Bill_ZRTBill_ZRT Member Posts: 1,394
    Fluxxx said:

Glad to hear we're going to have a fix soon. Wait.... soon? Wait... that phrase is familiar. Where have I heard it before?

@Teeceezy
    Everyone’s got two wolves inside them. One is anger, envy, pride. The other…truth, kindness. Every day they tear each other apart.
    But it’s not the better wolf that wins. It’s the one you feed.

Contact [email protected] or send @Bill_ZRT a message to join DTP today!

capibaraRouvinatorJadenSPC_TORRES
  • ignasignas Member Posts: 328
    Looks like it is finally fixed!
    mimica