Abraham

So... whats up guys...? I'm already at lvl 69... what I would have called an endgamer when I started playing, and I see myself pushing my limits...
I never used Abraham much... WHY...? because I'm not a deffensive player and something about that DS always throwed me off...
But now with trait re rolling I'm thinking theres probably a killing machine there...
IK... what a surprise...

Could you give me a little orientarion about what badges to look up to...?
And about DS... IDK... I'm thinking Sure Shot maybe definitely...?

Comments

• Dbl_Edge_DEPDbl_Edge_DEP Member Posts: 537
    Abe being an assault, they're not optimised for offense, even with trait swaps imo.
    So let's say you got rid of dodge, IS and DS in favour of ruthless, lucky and SS, he would still pail in comparison to a warrior even.

Revenge, retaliate, dodge, lucky.
    DR and health badges for the win.
    I plan for the best and I plan for the worst - Dbl Edge
    Show and prove, otherwise humble thyself
    Catch me on LINE app - Line ID: dbledgedep
    JimiFaithWellyLuga
  • JimiFaithJimiFaith Member Posts: 397
    Ok... I don't play defense, but even for me IS and Dodge are a MUST for Assaults and Bruisers...

Sorry, I went off the branches and miss explained myself...

I simply don't use OW much, and what's on the table is whether it's worth it to keep DS or not...

Maybe it's a keeper to save some badge space...? but IDK... I simply can't understand why you would miss the full turn and full damage...
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 2,865
    If you trade defensive stance for sure shot, I'd avoid sharing it here...

Unless you have very thick skin ;-)
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    bigbeanoJimiFaith
    edited December 3

This is my buddy's @No_Name s Abraham.

Unicorn perfection for the endgamers.

Feast your eyes!
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    bladgierJimiFaithanthony172
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,831
    ATLAS-Z said:

:cry::cry::cry:

In my defence, he was at 80% DR at the time of rolling so it was better to take SS than to keep a useless trait like DS. I have since stripped him of his DR and health badges to beef up these two monsters and he remains on the bench until I get round to rolling him again :lol:

ATLAS-ZJimiFaithbigbeano
    Bro my Abe is still factory lol.

Eight stars, badged for balance.

I don't use him much other than farming.
    Good Good... this is what I wanted, Abe pics, endgamers POV and unicornrs to look up to...
    WellyLuga said:

ATLAS-Z said:

:cry::cry::cry:

In my defence, he was at 80% DR at the time of rolling so it was better to take SS than to keep a useless trait like DS. I have since stripped him of his DR and health badges to beef up these two monsters and he remains on the bench until I get round to rolling him again :lol:

See I like that style...
    ATLAS-Z said:

This is my buddy's @No_Name s Abraham.

Unicorn perfection for the endgamers.

Feast your eyes!

But now that I'm seeing this I can't believe I was thinking of SS... Mother D!ck...
    bigbeanoSCBMA
    Assaults are pretty much only used to charge and stun huge crowds when paired with Sasha and a second Assault.

Maximum defense (see attached) with revenge, retaliate and lucky all geared toward getting the assault recharged (from Sasha).

We are constantly looking for new strategies, like offensive crit chance assault paired with Alpha, but nothing proven yet... For now, Unicorn assault is pure defensive tank.

((Side note - reasons why offensive assault is not often utilized: low damage, no critical charge attack, x3 charge points))
    JimiFaith
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,831
    Agreed, I had hoped that Alpha would open up new strategies for the assault class but for the reasons above I just don't see it happening. I'm not sure what NG could change to improve it but a pair of revenge/retaliate tanks with incendiary Sasha will always be the best strategy for certain challenge maps like Sanctuary last week.
    ATLAS-ZJimiFaith
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 256
    I think the perfect assault setup now revolves around 3 guys. Abraham & Rufus for the defensive build together with Sasha (luck, revenge, retaliate, dodge or IS if you can't reach 80% DR otherwise) and your regular pink star toon with max damage badges for crusing through the Distance as far as possible. I now really need to stop and think for the last 4-6 maps of the Distance, which saves a ton of time and gas.
    avelardez
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,080
    This is mine. He kills it with Sasha and Rufus.
    JimiFaith
  • RaffoRaffo Member Posts: 23
    I'm trying to use him with Alpha and Aaron. I rerolled DS and gave him retaliate. I badged him with 3 damage, 2 damage reduction (to reach 76-77% damage reduction with IS whitout armor) and 1 health
    JimiFaithbigbeanoGothgul
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 388
    This is my Abe and i love him

JimiFaithbigbeano
  • GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 93
    Although with assaults getting guaranteed crits on charge now, this may change things up a bit. At least you will actually have to worry about killing things where before you had a sea of stun locked walkers...I'm sure some new strategies will evolve.
    ATLAS-Z
    Yes the new "Agro Pickle Assault" is coming soon to a team near you!