The Grind is a Problem AGAIN

Not much to say on this subject, but the grind has become a problem again.

Players are using master missions as a boost and reaching lvl 50 has become a constant practice.

Plus the week bonus, when applied to a specific class, unbalances the game terribly.

Something needs to be done.
::
Mavericks Guild Family
CronusTCBRITORenopwnsATLAS-Zjrodrf2popwwJoeBobKonganyvshield50ADPaq

Comments

• CronusCronus Member Posts: 1,224
    Using my WABAC Machine to bring you a blast from the past from my hometown:

TroublemakerJenngGovernatorSPC_TORRES
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    Perhaps I just look at this scenario a little bit different than most.

Wish I could explain it better and suggest improvements.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    TCBRITOFirekidPic
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 807

Perhaps I just look at this scenario a little bit different than most.

Wish I could explain it better and suggest improvements.

I don’t necessarily agree or disagree with your position, but I’d like to gain some context. At what point do the elite level players start to play every map on each RSL round? Is it around RSL 40? RSL 40 to RSL 50 is 120 map missions. Would you like to see that reduced by 25%? 50%? Quantifying that will give me a better understanding on where you’re coming from. Cheers!

TroublemakerJenngSuperhero
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,597
    If my read of the situation is correct, you want something similar to the new GW format. A finite, limited amount of gameplay. Unfortunately, I think this goes against the general principles of "get as far as you can" in the challenge missions.

Honestly, I think it's hard to truly eliminate the grind. With a large enough reserve of gold, you can infinitely play almost every challenge. Each person needs to decide how many stars they're happy earning, and live with the fact that people with more time/gold will go farther in the challenge.
    TroublemakerTCBRITOcapibaraSg_Death
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    So much wisdom here. NG could hire some of you so we players know that real mofos are up there giving suggestions and directions.
    Mavericks Guild Family
    FirekidtabernacTCBRITO
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    edited December 2019
    JenngGovernator
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    I am truly enjoying "the grind" in its current iteration. I get to use master missions to fly through the easy missions on Wednesday and spend the rest of the weekend + Thursday on challenging maps. The only downside I have with it right now is that I play probably 75% of my missions on Wednesday/Thursday, so I don't get as much out of the weekend events. (And if you think I'm gonna spend Sunday at The Beach with Tara, think again. Now that is an insufferable grind)
    Danski_46JenngSg_Death
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,229
    The "Grind" has never "not" been a problem.

However your define it, a game which features repetitive play to get ahead (grind) only gets worse the better your skills/tools become at playing that game.

The only finite fixed component of the equation is the clock - 0:00

As long as there is time on the clock, players today are so strong, and so skilled, there will always be... one more round.

If that's not your cup of tea... Well... there's always guild wars. Looks to be a grind free format.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Nommae
    I would like to add that...

Because of the Master Mission, many long time leaderboard residents are having to "work" harder to earn their spots because it's much more competitive up there now.

Folks that didn't used to have time to compete at the top of the leaderboard have that time now, thanks to master mission.

I'm happy for them.

For me personally I've not been on the global leaderboard since Master mission was implemented (I used to be on it quite often), and my guild has really struggled to peak in on the guild board.

So basically my own idea (MM) shut me and my guild out of the global scene.

Even so, I'm still happy for all the players and guilds that can now compete at the highest level.

If you want to be at the top of today's leaderboard there's no way around it... You're going to have to grind/spend like a mofo and earn it.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,126
    I think that this issiue is more complex than the simple phrase of "grind fix"

Breaking down the basics, taking few steps back. What is "the grind" and what is "the fix" to it ?

Simple question and has a simple answer. Problem is, there's almost as many answers as there is people playing.

Can you "fix the grind" for everybody? No you can't and I'm almost sure it'll never happen.

The only thing that can and did happen is to make grind more bareable. Which is master stage for instance.
    There are some ideas out there. Will they completely eliminate "the grind" for everybody? Again, most likely not.
    Side note:

As of this post, I'm on the global board around 43 and Zombrex Elite is about #34...

But come Sunday we'll be fighting to hang on the very bottom

• avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,267
    Here’s Johnny!
    Troublemaker
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 186
    edited December 2019
    There is no tactic or somethink now, with MM u just burn gold as much as you want to find optimal position or get stun all walkers or other. There should be some gold or attempt limits per 1 MM then u will think more how to get throught !
    dalmerTroublemakerKonganyADPaq
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 486
    It’s awesome and again, cool thing about it!?! Don’t like it, cool, don’t play it.

I was up to 1300 stars in an hour this week. I had like 300 gas saved up from that free booster though. So no, normally wouldn’t have happened but point still stands. Remember how long it took to get to 1300 before this!?!? Friday maybe lol

Out top 5 right now almost has 2k. Never would’ve happened without MM. and it doesn’t raise the end results necessarily (all though we can push a little further due to time). I personally get my goal for the week and can move on. Before, the weekend was literally just grinding challenge.
    Danski_46JoeBobJankel
  • BertiedogbottomBertiedogbottom Member Posts: 7
    Oh fuck off. If people choose to cheat like you do, endless play is your own problem. Zero sympathy for your pathetic attempts.
    TWDaddictionFirekidzeekdogTCBRITObladgierKyrusJ_LawStHallTroublemaker
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    If there is still a bad grind it is for a small ammount of players honestly.
    ATLAS-ZJoeBobTCBRITO