Radio tent thoughts

cyjazzcyjazz Member Posts: 23
I'm interested in other people's experiences with the radio tent. I find myself drawing about 12 radios per day with regular play (I'm not spending money on gold for gas yet). That typically means I can pull 5 or 6 15 radio calls per week. Maybe I'm struggling with RNG here, but I seem to draw quite a few rare scouts and bruisers. I have picked up a few epics over the last 8 weeks (my time with the game). I have a level 6 tent on Android. I'm struggling with getting any survivor higher than level 14 max and I'm already at level 14 with my survivors. Should I pull 1 or 5 radios at a time instead? I am not enjoying saving up all my radios over a week and getting 5 or 6 rare survivors that are worse than what I have. Maybe I was simply lucky early on and my luck is evening out. Thoughts on what I should do?

Comments

• Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 570
    My radio tent is maxed out. And I'm now a lvl 41. I was trying the single radio calls but got nothing I wanted to keep. Basically just got rid of them for Xp. Then tried the 5 radio call. Still the same thing! I've been saving radios and hoping for another legendary event. The last event, I didn't have many radios, but tried the 15 call about 5 times. The best I got was epic level characters. (Lvl 17) max. I already have a mixture of epic characters, and two Legendary. My inventory is 12 of 12 characters.

Just today, I was envious of a player who just got 4 legendary (I guess this weekend). So I decided to spend up to 30 radios just today. I made 2 15 calls. The first was an epic hunter, which I already have 3. So I cashed him in, and tried again. I picked up a 7 of 17 Legendary bruiser on the second 15 call.

I had 130 radios, that's why I willing to spend 30 today. I guess it's all luck of the draw.
    cyjazz
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    @cyjazz Unless youre stuck and need a new survivor , save them up. Leg/epic weekends will keep happening and there is suppose to be a change to the radio tent at some point (mentioned by @OldGoth briefly). Im not sure what the change is gonna be or when the change its gonna be but i think it will be worth the wait. (im soooo hoping its the ability to chose the survivor class you want to call).
    cyjazz
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 570
    misfit44 said:

@cyjazz Unless youre stuck and need a new survivor , save them up. Leg/epic weekends will keep happening and there is suppose to be a change to the radio tent at some point (mentioned by @OldGoth briefly). Im not sure what the change is gonna be or when the change its gonna be but i think it will be worth the wait. (im soooo hoping its the ability to chose the survivor class you want to call).

Oh please! I want a Legendary hunter and a warrior!!! :p
    cyjazz
  • BarcodeJBarcodeJ Member Posts: 403
    I really doubt they will keep it this way but in the beta for the trading in outbosts you can soend 10 of your outposts supply to buy radios with a crate having 5-15 radios at random and your outpost producing 6 supplies an hour. This enables you to collect a ton of radios and make a lot more calls. Even if they nerf it a bit this should help you do a lot more calls and hopefully improve your odds at increased level survivors. But I am still new and dont really understand it all. Still have my lvl 10/11 survivors.
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    outpost is still far away from being released. i think changes on radio tower will come first.. i just hope the change is similar to my proposed "summon box" so everyone will have a better and equal chance at legendary.

cyjazz
  • PhilJPhilJ Member Posts: 98
    I have no issues with the ratio of legends and epics, yes there hard to get but that's what makes it so cool when you get one. I have 3 legends of course I want more but my 3 stars still go ok, for me it's all about the traits, a 3 star with good traits will always be better then legend with crap.

As for tent it's ugly and pointless, the camp is built around a mobile tower that looks good. Why not a tent and generator that sit beside this tower, this would make for better look. Sorry graphics person and team you stuffed the tent from start. Give me some coax so I can be rid of the blue circus tent and its out of scale mast.
This discussion has been closed.