NEW ARMOR TRAIT - LIGHT WEIGHT

ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,080
edited May 2020 in Suggestions & Ideas

New Armor trait for Warriors and Bruiser armor only

LIGHT WEIGHT

Bronze - 30% less base health, +1 movement (as scout)
Silver - 20% less base health, +1 movement (as scout)
Gold - 10% less base health, +1 movement (as scout)

Logic- scouts get extra movement naturally, built in. But this trait would allow you to sacrifice an armor trait and a bit of health protection on the other melee classes for increased mobility.

This could Grant you more options in creating different builds for your Warriors and Bruisers

@Fluxxx @Shteevie @Vane

Edited - decreased armor penalty

#Zombrex (Neo / Rising / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. 
Our page :
https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

tabernacSpikedapocolypsekillerBlackeagle1981BurmeliinisTeenahGeeMudMoccasinShadowWalkerambienceDakaminKarajocamimicaFox2010

Comments

• BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,140
    Cant really think of how this would be used...I have tanked Gabe and he has the range of a scout, 80% DR and plenty of health. Also have a 2nd scout with 80% DR and damage.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• Blackeagle1981Blackeagle1981 Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2019
    Seems very exciting idea. I would like to have that trait on my wariors with dragon tongue
    ATLAS-ZMudMoccasin
  • Huricane444Huricane444 Member Posts: 186
    I dont know who need this sh*t, i think there is lots of work wit GW, Distance and Outpost! There is all ok with armors only ranges beed gazard suit
    Blackeagle1981ATLAS-ZFox2010xeniia
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,080
    If you're struggling to see it's value, you need to prowl more ;-)

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

Blackeagle1981xeniia
    @Billbam it would be mostly useful for glass cannons, who need to stick and move.

Like a Dragons Tongue warrior, for example.

Our page :

• ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 498
    Sounds familiar. :wink: I like mine better because those health reductions are MAJOR! :frowning:
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
    > @Artminius said:
    > Sounds familiar. :wink: I like mine better because those health reductions are MAJOR! :frowning:

Yeah I figure there needed to be a major drawback, because that movement is a big part of what makes scouts special.

Besides, if you got the moves like Jagger, or JayZ, you're not gonna get hit anyway ;-)

Our page :

The drawback to Lighter Harness (or your Lightweight) is that it isn't Ruthless, Dodge, Stun Resist, etc. I put a lot of 'negative value' on a trait that doesn't help durability of melee characters, because they will tend to be in the shit (unless tactical, stick-and-run).

Yes, that post of mine was pre-Prowl, so maybe it's no longer balanced enough. Or rather, if worn while able to Prowl, its secondary effect is moot. Hmm... that might be enough rebalance, inherently...?
    ATLAS-Z
    @Artminius we mostly on the same page, there's room for improvement in this area.

Our page :

Also "Light Harness" has a nice ring to it. @Artminius

Our page :

ATLAS-Z said:

Also "Light Harness" has a nice ring to it. @Artminius

It parallels Sniper Harness, too. :grin:
    Hmmm... maybe Scout Harness? Ranger Harness?
    ATLAS-Z
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 849
    I don't really see the point in the health decrease. If you are going to use a glass cannon warrior then the health doesn't matter, so it's really only a negative for bruisers, unless you want to try a glass cannon bruiser.

There does need to be a distinction between bronze/silver/gold, but why not some other bonus? Like perhaps +5/10/15% to Bullet Dodge? We all know BD could use the boost.
    edited December 2019

I don't really see the point in the health decrease. If you are going to use a glass cannon warrior then the health doesn't matter, so it's really only a negative for bruisers, unless you want to try a glass cannon bruiser.
    There does need to be a distinction between bronze/silver/gold, but why not some other bonus? Like perhaps +5/10/15% to Bullet Dodge? We all know BD could use the boost.

The Light Harness to which Atlas and I are referring is this:

- Bronze: increase movement distance by 1.
    - Silver: increase movement distance by 1 and decrease chance of walker interrupting if you move past them (I forget the official terminology for that; in D&D, it's an attack of opportunity).
    - Gold: increase movement distance by 2 and decrease the above chance by the same amount (NOT greater decrease, because it seems to be low probability already).

So the quality distinction first reduces chance of move-by attack by some %, and then add +1 more to move distance with the same % reduction.

That said, I like your idea of boosting bullet dodge. I could also see just plain old dodge boost (which is more logical, to me: ain't no gear making you dodge bullets better! hence it being "Bulletproof" on armor). I am definitely more nimble in my boiled-leather kit than in my 16-gauge steel lorica segmentata! :wink:

In general, I think quality increases should result in continual improvements rather than reducing detriments. I cannot think of any traits, offhand, that have detriments...? Some Special Functionality weapons, sure... but traits? Hmmm....

BUT, that said:
    - Increased fire damage at Bronze, tapering off to 0% at Gold = the light gear is an efficient conductor (copper/aluminum?).
    - The armor value in general is lower for armor of the same class and quality. In fact, that might be 'built into' the basic design and the only benefit the trait gives is +1 to movement distance at all quality levels? That would be a definite handicap, as (I think) it would be the only trait that has the same effect at all quality levels. Hmmm....

OR for another continuous improvement alternate:
    - Bronze: increase movement distance by 1.
    - Silver: increase movement distance by 1 and you may move after attacking (if you haven't moved yet).
    - Gold: increase movement distance by 1, you may move after attacking (if you haven't moved yet), and you have a +10% damage reduction.
    Basically +move and 'weak tactical', AKA olde skool tactical--ah! Right, THAT was a trait that once had a static benefit, making me only want it at silver on my leg gear!

This thread, like so many idea threads, is a fun one! Let's keep the brainstorming going and maybe NG will put something in the backlog for the concept.
    Bump, +1, subscribe, smash that bell... :wink:
  • ambienceambience Member Posts: 114
    I like the OP suggestion. Any trait that allows for varying game play / strategy sounds exciting. An armour trait with the opposite effect would also be interesting: Heavy Armour: less movement but higher damage resistance
    Less armor approximately equals less health. There's probably a slight different with regards to when struggle kicks off, I suppose....?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,916
    With beta now coming out to play I will gladly now pay double for this.
    ATLAS-Z
    Dude I hope so.

Our page :

• JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 148
    How about something like this;

Low health classes like Shooters, Hunters and Scouts could receive the Light Weight trait.

Bronze: -20% Health, +5% Damage, +1 Movement
    Silver: -15% Health, +10% Damage, +1 Movement
    Gold: -10% Health, +15% Damage, +1 Movement

High Health classes like Bruisers and Assaults could receive the Heavy Armour trait.

Bronze: +35% Health, -25% Damage, -1 Movement
    Silver: +40% Health, -20% Damage, -1 Movement
    Gold: -+45% Health, -15% Damage, -1 Movement

Warriors could receive both

We need more offensive and utility traits for low health / high damage classes
    Fox2010ShadowWalker
    With the introduction of Beta as a playable character I was really hoping they would introduce this trait. I'm still hoping

Our page :

Gonna bump this too, since adding more movement for melee troops naturally increases their effectiveness

Our page :

brucewayne007CliffBarnes