Is there a way to increase my chance of a scout?

I'm level 13/14 survivor my only scout is a level 11 and I'm hoping to use radios to recruit a new scout but I keep getting warriors (had 5 in a row) on 15 radio calls. I saw on the wikia page it said to recruit scout and showed several episodes one being episode 12. What does this recruit actually mean? Does it mean if I'm on that episode and I use my radios I'm more likely to get a scout?

Currently, I'm on episode/ mission 11-3 and there's a warrior rescue on this mission so I don't want to call out a get a scout survivor that I may or may not use if she's epic or leg and then rescue someone on 11-3 and have the rescue replace the waiting survivor I just called. Does that make sense?

Comments

• ChangChang Member Posts: 21
    Usually what I do is I make a 15 radio call and think to myself 'anything but a scout or bruiser' and then a rare scout or bruiser comes up. I think you can modify this a little to 'man I hope I don't get a scout' to further increase your odds... Hope this helps and good luck!!
    smasheratrainofficialVoldimort[Deleted User]
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    the rescued survivors had been nerfed.. they are so weak now.. don't count on it.. usually, there's alot of bruisers in the radio.. but a scout is not that scarce. just try and try until you......

[Deleted User]
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 527
    edited February 2016
    It doesn't matter what episode you're on, the radio tent is about the only way to get a decent character. Keep trying the 15 call button, and hope for anything good!
    15 call is supposed to give you at least a 3 star - rare or better. But the odds get better for 4 or 5 star during the special events they hold from time to time.

I have 3 scouts, and had a legendary way back, but lost him. (Dead) They're all epic but mine will only go to max lvl 16. Nothing higher has come up for me yet.

If nothing else, you'll still get XP for selling everything you don't need! Keep trying, you'll get one sooner or later.

You can rescue survivors on certain missions. Some will come home with you, and you can choose to keep them, but you will need an empty slot or buy another slot to keep him. You can also retire one of your characters so you can add the rescued survivor.

The rescued survivor, is usually a lower star character, but may be of a class you don't have. Most times, I have opted to get rid of the rescued survivors and keep what I already had.

I've read, that you can have up to 25 or so slots, but I've only got 12, and I find that's enough so far.
    [Deleted User]
  • ZeenaZeena Member Posts: 126
    edited February 2016
    Okay thanks. I guess recruiting or rescuing was the way to do it before the nerf. Now it's pointless to get a survivor at that level. But I'm gonna wait until beat 11-3 than pray for a scout. I want at least one of the 14 slots I have.
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    Zeena said:

I'm gonna wait until beat 11-3 than pray for a scout.

@Zeena :
    I think you should try what @chang said. If you're out of luck, use that to your advantage. :smile:
    Are all of the Warriors you get of the same level? There have been reports on the "tent getting stuck".
    http://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/14683/#Comment_14683
  • masmith93masmith93 Member Posts: 3,512
    @Zeena I feel your pain. It took me weeks (250+ radio calls (15s) before I finally got a scout to replace by maxed scouts. They are working on a new way to do radio calls, but in the meantime, keep hope alive, it will happen eventually.
    Proud member of the Empty Memorial Club.
    WHMGTYSNNBC - Retirement Guild Leader
    Coming soon to Finland to hug Teeceezy.
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 669
    edited February 2016
    Just curious, why would want a scout over a warrior, a warrior can hit up to 3 walkers at a time, and gets a free attack or bonus attack whatever its called
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    i8azmbe said:

Just curious, why would want a scout over a warrior, a warrior can hit up to 3 walkers at a time, and gets a free attack or bonus attack whatever its called

it depends on player preference. some get used to it since it's what you have at the beginning of the game.. scout got higher damage than warriors. scout weapon also got swift strike whick gives them extra atk. they are the best meelee survivor in one on one combat. But like all classes, everybody got an advantages and disadvantages. If it suits your tactics, why not use it?

• Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 527
    I agree with @AysatyoPet A high quality scout does pack a good single attack. Silent but deadly. I used a hunter, scout, and warrior team early in the game, and got quite far using that combination. One of my scouts are now maxed at 15/15, and would really like to get a higher one to replace him.
    @i8azmbe my warrior doesn't have retaliate and the with the right weapon, scouts get a bonus move after an attack. I only use mine on occasion but when you need one, you want a good one.
  • @masmith93 i have 4 scouts i was just curious, good point, i didnt think of that
  • ReinRein Member Posts: 22
    I fully understand the "to each his own" phlysophy, but warriors are scouts that can hit multiple targets... that's it. The difference in strength is minimal.

I have a legendary 14/15 warrior right now who retaliates every time he's attacked at 50% of base damage and half the time that's enough to put down the walker that attacked me. His weapon also has a wider cone of damage, so he can easily take down a group of three walkers at a time. Aside from that, he, like scouts, can earn a free attack as well. I just don't see the appeal of scouts over warriors. The same can sort of be said for hunters and shooters, but shooters can perform two shots every other turn as long as they are killing walkers and that skill can prove to be invaluable, but I still prefer being able to take down 2-7 walkers at a time with a hunter.

Bruiser and assault classes are pointless when compared to their brethren. Assault doesn't do enough damage to kill walkers three levels below them, ffs. It's insane. I have an epic 12/16 right now and his base damage is 133! That's embarrassing.
    My NML Instagram | My NML YT Playlist | Guild: N/A
    "You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. You won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget."
    Dread
  • VoldimortVoldimort Member Posts: 4
    Scouts only have a chance at an extra attack with the swift attack weapon trait. Warriors can charge up to a guaranteed extra attack. I prefer warrior because you can use your second attack to kill 3 and charge up to two more attacks in the next round. Or you can use your 2nd attack to run out of range or go into overwatch.

I would use a scout for their massive charge attack to kill an exceptionally strong tank. But building that charge up takes awhile since they only kill one at a time unless you're lucky and successfully roll that swift attack.
    @Voldimort Warriors can have retaliate as a survivor trait in addition to the charge ability.
This discussion has been closed.