Training Gear Trait Compromise

@Fluxxx How about this proposal with regards to the Training Gear trait:

Once you reach max player level, the trait drops out of the pool of possible traits.

Seems reasonable, right?
Sarge_SPC_TORRESTCBRITOGman74Danski_46RouvinatorfearofthedarkBurmeliinisJohnbertjimmorrison369TroublemakerArtminiusToonyBuckzzSCBMA

Comments

• magicmagic Member Posts: 167
    I would recommend making the trait better, like adding: give a 10% chance of increasing the rarity of component, badge fragments and gear, 1% chance of increasing them two times, etc.
    I am collecting badge crafting results. If you want to contribute please note down as much about each crafting as you can in the sequence you craft and send it to me. Recipe, effect and bonus condition is especially interesting.
    Discord server to discuss badge crafting: https://discord.gg/PvWYqaQ
    Sg_DeathATLAS-ZJaden
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 168
    Good idea. The trait is completely useless. I never use it and never will. Also never use Maggie as a leader. If you're maxed XP never was the issue. Especially now with reinforcement tokens when we don't have to dump all our gear to replace it.
    Toony
  • fearofthedarkfearofthedark Member Posts: 33
    > @Burmeliinis said:
    > Hmm... I'm at max level and still need a LOT of XP to upgrade all B and C-team guys, and upgrading weapons and armor. So I like my training gear as much as ever.

I'm also maxed player and use the training gear trait to get more xp, but to get here I have had tons of gear with that trait. So it would be great to not have it anymore when you reach to the max level. @Burmeliinis have you been so lucky that you don't have any gear with that trait? 😀
    Burmeliinis
    Wow. I just made a calculation when you acutally take advantage of XP trait.

Obviously a lot depends on which level the vest is (because the higher the more you've to pay). I calculated with a new lvl30 vest now.

So let's say you upgrade this vest with golden XP trait (+60%) as a 2nd trait. The price for the upgrade is 2.450.000.

To see how much XP I get for a kill I just did a challenge mission at level33. I killed 11 walkers and got 7.930 XP.

7.930/11 = 720,90 for each walker. With golden XP trait it would've been 1.153,45 each.

So the difference is 432,55 -> 2.450.000 / 432,55 = 5.664 walkers. So with the 5.665th walkers you kill you're making the trait worth lol. :smiley:

Of course the calculation always differs depending on how much you had to pay for the upgrade, if the XP trait is silver or gold, how much XP you get for a kill etc.

RiotZappaGovernatorBurmeliinisTheKing
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 1,889
    @Johnbert

I'm not sure whether this is the same for everyone but when I upgrade some training gear it's when I'm at the stage where most of my main team/gear is upgraded and I'm just trying to keep it from maxing. So I use the XP when I don't need it and it gives me a bigger boost during the times where I do. Also, since the main time we use it is against low level walkers it isn't something we need to constantly upgrade each council upgrade.

I still have base level 25/26 training gear in use. It's good to use with tomato farming since it also boosts Glenn's LT.
    JohnberttjhookrArtminiusJaden
    WellyLuga said:

@Johnbert

I'm not sure whether this is the same for everyone but when I upgrade some training gear it's when I'm at the stage where most of my main team/gear is upgraded and I'm just trying to keep it from maxing. So I use the XP when I don't need it and it gives me a bigger boost during the times where I do. Also, since the main time we use it is against low level walkers it isn't something we need to constantly upgrade each council upgrade.

I still have base level 25/26 training gear in use. It's good to use with tomato farming since it also boosts Glenn's LT.

I just did some sample calculation ;) Yes, if you upgrade shitty/old/obsolete etc. gear for avoiding the cap and to scrap it later (when on a x2 booster), it's different. In my scenario I assumed that one is upgrading the XP trait on purpose to farm. That's why I said a lot depends on the lvl of the vest. And if you upgrade it anyway even if it's just for scrapping later, why not take advantage of it, true. The calculation was just for fun, not very serious at all :wink:
    WellyLuga
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,242
    i use training gear on Governor for farming, cause why not? Also put flat health badges on Glenn and try to focus all killing between them sure it’s small, but my training gear is level 25 and who cares Governor never gets hit
  • tabernactabernac Member Posts: 785

Hmm... I'm at max level and still need a LOT of XP to upgrade all B and C-team guys, and upgrading weapons and armor. So I like my training gear as much as ever.

To be clear, this would only happen at max level. If by some chance you aren’t up to your eyeballs in gear with this trait when you reach max level, you’ll get another crack at it any time there is a Council upgrade since you won’t be at max level again for a period of time. I don’t use the trait and despise it, but I don’t want to totally take it off the table for those that are fans of it.
    SCBMASPC_TORRES
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 370
    Out of dozens of gear, hero, and leader traits... four stop being useful at max level:
    - Lucky Dumpster
    - Harvest Red
    - Only The Best
    - Training Gear (which, as noted, synergizes very well with Glenn leading Maggie)

But for 73 player levels, they are useful to varying degrees. And about every year, they become useful again for, oh, a couple of months.

The math about having to kill 5K Zs to break even is utterly moot: I've killed *800K* getting to 74. I friggin' wish I'd had Training Gear all those years ago!!! :lol:

I wouldn't want one hour of dev time to be devoted to this suggestion, in lieu of dozens of others that are cool, fun, and hopefully in the backlog.
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 370
    Further, I've gotten upwards of 5M XP and 2M tomatoes per hour, when going full speed on free gas and double XP (e.g., the upgrade gift).
    So, yeah... not really worried about the cost to level a 27 to gold training. :wink:
    tabernacSPC_TORRES
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,068
    I can't remember the last time I needed to farm XP.

I currently don't have enough to upgrade the street sign and shotgun, and it feels weird. I'm ok waiting lol.
    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]
    tabernacSPC_TORRESRiotZappa
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,705
    When the trait was introduced, I picked up an Assault, Shooter, and Hunter vest with Gold Training Gear trait from the Tara Beach Life missions. They didn't take much to upgrade because they were like level 5 or 6. Not much XP to upgrade. Then, I would put them on my scrub teams for the first 3-4 maps in The Distance where I could farm without getting touched. I made out like a bandit and easily got the XP investment back.

I later scrapped them because I didn't feel like farming at the time. I wish I had kept them.

But, if anyone does invest in Training Gear, then scrap it when you get the Double XP scrapping event. You don't lose as much because the scrap value equals 50% of what you already invested in it. If you happen to buy an XP Booster, then I think you hit the break even on the cost it took to update it to the maximum.

Just to confirm, current scrapping is 25% of the total XP spent, right?
    SPC_TORRESLoneWanderer360
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 176
    Training gear should be limited to assault and hunter class. Everywhere else it makes no sense.
    TCBRITOBurmeliinisSarge_
  • bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,036
    How about introducing a cap to when training gear trait is obtainable.

Say for instance maximum gear lvl on which you could get training gear is 1 below the current maximum. In current time that'd be lvl up to 26 and gear of lvl 27 would have training gear eliminated.

I'm not sure if that's possible from the developing side but seems like a fair idea.
    tabernacToonyDanski_46Burmeliinis
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 104
    You can use lvl1 armor with golden training gear, never have to worry about it again, after that its dead trait
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    tabernacSCBMA
    I decided to unload one my scouts I don't use anymore (since it's double token return) and boom XP full again. So yeah, still don't need XP.

Street sign upgrading now
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Burmeliinis
  • Adamski316Adamski316 Member Posts: 33
    Training gear should never be only on assaults and hunters. Why do we have training gear on bruiser?
    ToonyTCBRITOmack22
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 342
    Get rid of that Trait with the burglar mask!!!! "Wrestler" or something like that. GOODNESS I HATE GETTING ARMOR WITH IT!!!!!
    SPC_TORRES
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 1,954
    I actually don’t mind wrestle on my scout and shooter armours but hate seeing it on my bruiser and assault armour. However atlas idea of being able to break free from struggle is a great idea!
    mack22SpikedATLAS-Z
  • psychwolfpsychwolf Member Posts: 1,299
    More training gear bruiser armor and garbage traits.
    SPC_TORRES
  • Sg_DeathSg_Death Member Posts: 61
    My 5 Pink star Gleen and his lucky dumpster trait needs his training gear......
    NOT........
    Member : Dead Stalkers
    SPC_TORRES
    > @Firekid said:
    > I actually don’t mind wrestle on my scout and shooter armours but hate seeing it on my bruiser and assault armour. However atlas idea of being able to break free from struggle is a great idea!

I thought I made a post about this last year sometime but I couldn't find it, so I'll make a new one. Be sure to go comment/like etc.
  • WattlaueferWattlauefer Member Posts: 122
    Training gear should include the chance to get reinforcement token, too.
    ToniStoraromagic
  • SPC_TORRESSPC_TORRES Member Posts: 1,855
    @Fluxxx

It's not going away........ the voices only get louder !
    https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/394920/#Comment_394920

Back in November.... when the update was coming.... NG could have gotten a head of this.

SCBMA