Overlap day between Wars?

@Fluxxx
I just want to clarify if I'm reading this correctly:
Each War lasts 8 days, but they'll always start on Tuesdays.
Therefore Tuesday (up till now a 'dead' day with no Distance or Challenge events) will now be Day 8 of one war, while also being Day 1 of next war.
So if I was to sign up for Day 1 and Day 8 battles, I could do my 20 rounds for each battle and that's it all done for the week.
I'm not sure this would actually be my favoured choice, but I guess if someone was short of time, they could still meet their guild duties that way. Anyhoo, have I understood correctly?

Comments

• Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    Now I'm thinking about it (& assuming I'm right), this could be a positive for guilds with fewer, or less active players.
    5 active players could ensure full return on effort for a guaranteed 25% baseline score. Not great, but better than watching everything slip away due to the usual cat-herding problems, and at least those active players aren't held back from the fun, so long as they all focus on Bloody Tuesday.
    Yeah, on balance, think I've persuaded myself that overlap day is a good thing!
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,977
    @Infinite_M0nkey you’ve got it slightly wrong, after battle 8 of war 1 there is a slight break. No guild wars on Wednesday and Thursday then sign ups for the following weeks war will start again on Friday like it did yesterday.
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    @Firekid
    Thanks for that clarification. It's not a very intense experience then, is it? Two battles one week, then rest days & sign-up period for another. I feel a bit 'meh' now.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,977
    I did like the frantic-ness of original guild wars but I didn’t like the amount of gold it cost or how unfair it was if you played against guilds who could just spend spend spend. Hopefully it will still have some feeling of actually battling another guild. We will have to wait and see.
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,152
    The one big thing for me that I will miss is working in real time with my team to conquer the board. This is much more like us all playing the distance and combining our scores.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

ArtminiusInfinite_M0nkeySilverhawk