Guilds with several different nationalities

In our guild like many other guilds we have several members who come from different Country's, who therefore speak different languages, I think if all players had their Country's flag or their nationality next to their name it would help in organizing the GW's better as it would make it so much easier to know which language to use when trying to talk to them.
GENERALR20BRRedEnsignEmma79romeoDirtyB696Katz_Killers18Northwind1400

Comments

• marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 244
    It’s really a good thing have players around the world. You can optimize the 22 hs range and play more strategically.
    RedEnsignGroznicPasteScottie
  • ScottieScottie Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2020
    Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you, I'm all for having multi nationalities amongst us in our guild, but I just think it'd be handy to see at a glance where abouts they're from, that way I can know which language to use when talking to them. We have a recent new member called Javad & I have been trying to reach out & welcome them but so far he's not responded to my attempts in English or Spanish & have no idea what language they understand I agree
    RedEnsign
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 244
    I unterstood you. I’m with an Argentinian guild (Munro) and of course our main language is Spanish. But for important advices we use English too. My experience marked that two languages (native and English) are enough if the other side want to talk.
    If it’s necessary we use the guidmate’s language (Russian, French and Italian are the examples I remember) but not happens often.
    If the guy doesn’t want to talk, it’s unnecessary try to find a common language.
    ToniStoraro
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 181
    Not sure if it's a good thing.
    If team is communicative it shouldn't matter. If not, does it really matter? People won't talk with others anyway.
    Second thing, our academy yesterday accepted new player who lives in Russia, but is Polish and speak this language. If he had flag near nickname our leader may not accept him, because our main language is Polish.
    This world is too bad to segregate people by nationality and I disagree.
    Husaria guild member.
    Discord MrChris#3324

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,969
    edited February 2020
    I prefer it when the players from different countries decide that they want to learn English as a 2nd language, that way I can be lazy and just speak English. Typical overseas Brit :lol:

If it helps, you can hold your finger over a particular sector and it will leave your icon over it as a guide to say 'let's go for this one next'. I find it helps to bridge the language barrier a little. You can do this whether you are part of the battle or not @Scottie
    RiotZappaToniStoraroScottieKatz_Killers18
    @wellyluga, thanks that's a great tip i didn't know about, cheers
    WellyLugaRiotZappa
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 96
    WellyLuga said:

I prefer it when the players from different countries decide that they want to learn English as a 2nd language, that way I can be lazy and just speak English. Typical overseas Brit :lol:

If it helps, you can hold your finger over a particular sector and it will leave your icon over it as a guide to say 'let's go for this one next'. I find it helps to bridge the language barrier a little. You can do this whether you are part of the battle or not @Scottie

Dude that tip is ace! I've now put my mark on the hardest completed one so it looks like I did it :)
    ScottieWellyLuga
  • AbrykAbryk Member Posts: 120
    I have three French speaking players in my guild, one Greek, and one German. They don’t speak English, or just a little bit at best. I keep the sentences short and simple when I have to communicate important information to them and use Google Translate to paste the translation into the chat box on my tablet (it’s good because all the international character sets paste in the process). For replies, I use Translate on my phone and use the camera to target the text and translate into English. It’s worked well for me as the leader of my guild for over two years now, and it’s been good for coordinating battles with teammates who don’t speak my language (plus, I think they appreciate my efforts to speak in theirs).
    Scottie
    @Abryk,
    Thanks there's some great ideas there, I never thought of using my tablet & phone together to translate & reply. I think thats the what I'll use. Thanks again
    Northwind1400