Is the bonus reduced body shot buff working as intended?

WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
edited February 5 in Guild Wars Discussion
As the title @Fluxxx. I've not experienced this first hand but twice our guild has completed the bonus sector with the -25% chance body shot for bruisers bonus. With razor this would stack to 70% which should make an incredible change. Even if it boosts razor by 25% it should still be close to 60%, I'm not sure on the coding but guild mates report they don't see a noticeable difference.

The symbol on screen is piercing so I'm wondering if it is coded for ranged attacks in error and thus does nothing? Has anyone else experienced this?
tabernacdalmerSherry

Comments

• GothgulGothgul Member Posts: 143
    I thought the same thing, was expecting a noticeable reduction, but didnt seem to have much impact, chalked it up to small sample size.
    WellyLugaSherry
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
    I'm going to maybe encourage the team to go for a bonus with a ranged piercing buff and see if that works any better.
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 560
    We always go for scout damage bonus if possible range does nothing honestly and also takes up 6 attacks. Some times that will give you a loss.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
    rogueDS said:

We always go for scout damage bonus if possible range does nothing honestly and also takes up 6 attacks. Some times that will give you a loss.

I agree. I was just meaning more for the bonus itself, to see whether it was working for hunters or not. We have the 50% scout boost now and it's nice!
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 323
    Would this scenario test out this issue:
    *Clear a "reduced body shot" bonus sector for whatever class
    *Give the appropriate class a weapon that lacks piercing/razor
    * Go into a level 40 or 41 mission and see if you get ANY normal/critical hits.

At that level, it would be 100% body shots if you don't have piercing/razor, so that would theoretically tell you that the bonus is working and maybe just RNG is to blame.
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,398
    @jrodrf2 that certainly would test it, but would probably also end in certain death!
    jrodrf2
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 323
    > @Firekid said:
    > @jrodrf2 that certainly would test it, but would probably also end in certain death!

Sure would, that's why I'm suggesting it for anyone with a super comfortable lead and an extra attack. I can't hit that high myself, so not even gonna attempt (unless they decide to change the stages from "Sanctuary" to "Boom Barrel" 😂)
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    Or do it in the easiest mission, with lvl9 whatever class, with non updated weapon to test. That way you wont lose nothing for trying and clear the rest of the map with 2 big boys
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
  • SherrySherry Member Posts: 13
    I thought the same thing last war I was able to clear more higher levels and this time, negan bruised aft. One hit on level 33 which didn’t happen last war.with bonus. Actully took negan down. And I lost the battle.. pissed me off cause I did level 33 last war with no problems..