How did my guild get matched up with higher level guilds? We got creamed 4x.

Our best player was the only one who was even close to the other guild’s top 4 players. Each of our battles was a bloodbath. Our 5th battle was a loss, but an even fight (we were out played).

Best Answer

Answers

• ZombieDanZombieDan Member Posts: 2
    We for smoked in the first 4 battles. We weren’t even close to the same level. Only our top player was even close.
  • scalesscales Member Posts: 13
    Our guild was the same but we have come back twice now. And we are a few players in our guild.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 330
    We won a lot more than we lost so far. Maybe my guild has been mediocre in previous GWs, so we're getting easy matches now, but have better players.
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 330
    People in top alliances seemed to match each other a lot in the first battle though, then they posted screenshots in "Who are your top 3 defenders".
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited February 11
    Paste said:

People in top alliances seemed to match each other a lot in the first battle though, then they posted screenshots in "Who are your top 3 defenders".

Perhaps NG did use previous guild VP scores for initial matchups, or even incorporate them into matchup calculations. Without their direct input, anything we propose will most likely be conjecture with the data we have available.

However, in general, the simplest solution is often the most elegant. While I'm all for the "most fair" matches possible, more complicated solutions usually take more programming, require more resources (in data lookups or tracking), and may not end up with a better solution anyhow. Hopefully a community manager feels that it's worth it to clue us in a little better.
    Paste