The Nest is a bad joke.

@Fluxxx @Vane when you can't even reach the crates how are you supposed to finish this mission? If it's the farthest box you have no chance, @Drunken has some pictures of the mission showing this. Needs retiring or major adjustments.
Johnbertpsychwolfromeo

Comments

• JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    I didn't experienced this yet but I think you mean if walkers are blocking the last crate right? So you HAVE to kill them to be able to open the box. Not a big deal in low levels but yes, against high level walkers it's an issue because you can't kill them in one turn.
    Danski_46BurmeliinisAndrea
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,490
    @Novell do you score high? This map set already has maps that are “boss”
    The nest even throwing gold at it becomes nearly impossible. You can simply reach that furthest crate using festive bat on a lucky spawn, but then auto spawn traps you in. Then I believe it was 7x in a row that the last box needed was furthest with 0 chance of getting it.

@Danski_46 ill upload tonight the pics showing the spawn trapping me after getting all boxes, the one blocking the exit, and the photos I sent guild about the last box I needed. Was insane then I MM48 on 9th try with dumb luck
    Danski_46
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 57
    I’m F2P so I get nowhere near the levels people who pay do.

It seems daft though that people willing to spend money (on gold I’m guessing) can’t get as far as normal (and in doing so are more likely to spend money on gold).

Some of the levels are pure dogshit and this is one of them.

Imagine being a new starter and playing this, you’d just stop playing.
    Danski_46ThanosOfTitan
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    So far I’ve managed to achieve 3 stars in the Nest up to the level where I usually stop achieving 3 stars (38). So, compared to my personal records this map so far is OK.

Obviously, for the 40+ lvl players this is a different challenge, but do I get it right that this map prevents you from achieving as many stars than usual? What’s the difference then?
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,906
    edited February 21
    JayZ said:

Let's just be happy that we don't have to play Behind Corners AND The Nest this week.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    @JayZ but as my photos show how bad this map is. I’m not saying we don’t need difficult maps, but do we really need maps where once it starts you auto flee? This week still has the first map, loading dock? Or whatever it is which is auto spawn and opening a door.

That takes 3 turns and pray you don’t get stunned or go into struggle at high level. That map is a gold dump as well, but if willing to pay you can play. The Nest is IMO The worse map, plus % chance that 3rd is far right seems to be extremely high.

So sure we need map stoppers or we get burnt out, but this is just a nightmare and pure greed. This coming from a guy who $$$ a ton and don’t care about gold. I burnt 40k gold to craft today, but easily can burn 1k gold trying to get lucky
    Danski_46psychwolf
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,380
    I'll just say that people are doing The Nest lvl 50+ with three bruisers to great success.

#fixthegrind
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 484
    Loading dock ended my run this week at 35.
    Danski_46
    @psychwolf when you do get it , it will be 3*
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,955
    edited February 22
    Should I send myself back in time and have a “friendly” discussion with the developer? :sunglasses:
    Danski_46
  • RiotZappaRiotZappa Member Posts: 57
    Walkers spawning in the exits should be completely wiped from the game.
    Danski_46warlock1271
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 992
    @JayZ tweaked to be 'not impossible' wouldn't make an endless challenge. I have to question NGs reasoning in putting a goldmine challenge right before NW, they know players will want as many round passes as possible.
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 483
    Totally agree make maps that are at least realistic and where you can finish, shi like this makes me really want to stop playing this BS game
    Danski_46RiotZappa
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 83
    Drunken said:

@Novell do you score high? This map set already has maps that are “boss”

The nest even throwing gold at it becomes nearly impossible. You can simply reach that furthest crate using festive bat on a lucky spawn, but then auto spawn traps you in. Then I believe it was 7x in a row that the last box needed was furthest with 0 chance of getting it.

@Danski_46 ill upload tonight the pics showing the spawn trapping me after getting all boxes, the one blocking the exit, and the photos I sent guild about the last box I needed. Was insane then I MM48 on 9th try with dumb luck

I'm @ 37/1. Don't spend gold for healing and only buy some nice weapons. No gas booster. Usually i reach 1600 - 1800 stars. Surely The Nest and Loading Bay are the hardest maps at this challenge. But every challenge has one map that show you your limits.
  • MetalMetal Member Posts: 483
    It’s not limits that show it’s show me the gold
  • AchillesVAchillesV Member Posts: 199
    Every week's challenge missions are generally fun and enjoyable up to a certain point, problem is every week the masochists that we are, we want to push ourselves beyond that point.
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 992
    Another thing that crops up in this and other missions is spawns on the exit making it impossible to complete the mission. @Fluxxx @Vane could this not be coded out? Make exit zones out of bounds for new spawns?
    RiotZappa
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 572
    I don’t know, for me Loading Bay was clearly harder. We already get better weapons and heroes all the time so making the maps easier as well should be considered carefully.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Artminius
    @Burmeliinis what level is your Eugene LT? That’s what makes that map bearable. Eugene with luck on weapon. But even still you get door open you pray that no walker is blocking door