Trait reroll strategy after the obvious heroes

RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
Hi end-gamers and passionate players! I am at lvl 74 averaging between 1800 and 2200 stars weekly, depending on challenge set and time. I buy weapons from time to time, so I have one tactical spear, one Morgan’s staff, one Dragon Tongue, one Winter bow and the harpoon gun. Mostly play melee teams except the typical Sasha/Abe/Assault maps.
I am struggling about my next trait rerolls as I have 200 tokens left from the vd bundle. I already rerolled some of the obvious heroes successfully, meaning RGG, Morgan, Eugene, Jesus, Sasha an Abe. They are (almost) perfect besides I have still IS on the bruisers as I don’t get enough DR only by gear and badges yet - except Eugene. So now: Who would you reroll next based on your own strategy/experiences?

- Eugene (Dodge for IS, rest is perfect)
- Jesus (Strong for IS, rest is perfect)
- Huntsman Daryl (like Stabby Rick)
- Rufus (full tank)
- Carol (glass canon)
- Michonne (glass canon)
- Other

I am excited for your answers! :-)
romeo

Comments

  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 483
    My HD has strong, FT, lucky and ruthless and I’ll never go back. PS isn’t a must if you’re prowling and taking advantage of his LT. Best move I ever made.

    Eugene is def the go to bruiser high rsl if he’s unicorn.

    Rufus unicorn is really underrated. Better then Abe imo. As a tank, his LT is a lot better. I’d reroll him long before Abe.

    Jesus rerolled like SR is a beast.

    Tank Gabe is a game changer is certain situations too. Dodge, lucky, ruthless, PS

    I’ve been wanting to tryout Carol rerolled but she’s far down on the scout list
    RickMSA
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 341
    edited February 23
    I assume you read JayZ's strategy compendium about class and hero traits?

    [Edited out the rest after re-reading your post]
    Deathwish19romeo
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    Yes, I read it a lot of times. It is great and like my bible... :-) But regarding my question it is not that precise so I am just interested in other opinions and experiences.
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 175
    Don't see any shooters. Tara is going to be very good option after last update.
    Husaria guild member.
    Line ID mrChris1990.
    Deathwish19romeo
  • WegWeg Member Posts: 23
    RickMSA - what traits exactly? I am also level 74 and are all maxed out but don't get as far as others.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 24
    It sounds like you really know your stuff! Rufus is really nice with retaliate, revenge, lucky and dodge. Absolutely agree above that PS is wasted on huntsman Daryl, mine has strong and FT and whilst it may not always be helpful it can surprise you.

    After that anyone who is serious about getting high up the rankings needs Eugene with level 7 mullet time, double dodge and double lucky. It is a little bit ridiculous the difference that makes. Once you have that it basically makes every other bruiser redundant.
    RickMSAromeo
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    I don't know, I had FT on HD and against high level walkers it is a complete waste. First, you've to kill to activate it and even then there's just a ~50% chance. And even if it kicks in, the overkill against high level walkers is too small to have an big impact. I've vigilant now, was trying to get PS.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    Maybe at ultra, ultra high level. But the OP states that he averages somewhere between 1800-2200 and it is still useful at those levels when you're using your charges since you'll be doing 80-100k+ depending on badges and the walkers have around 30k health. I agree, there are better traits that it but it's not the worst IMO.
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    WellyLuga said:

    Maybe at ultra, ultra high level. But the OP states that he averages somewhere between 1800-2200 and it is still useful at those levels when you're using your charges since you'll be doing 80-100k+ depending on badges and the walkers have around 30k health. I agree, there are better traits that it but it's not the worst IMO.

    The thing is, when do you use charged scout attack against regular walkers? Only against really high level, when they have 60k+ hitpoints. They're too precious to waste them on walkers with 30k health. I do around 1800-2000 stars as well, my HD does 100-120k critical hits so I only use charged attacks against fatties or armoured since I can kill them (or at least almost) with one charged attack. FT sounds nice in theory but isn't really god in practice :/
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    Johnbert said:

    WellyLuga said:

    Maybe at ultra, ultra high level. But the OP states that he averages somewhere between 1800-2200 and it is still useful at those levels when you're using your charges since you'll be doing 80-100k+ depending on badges and the walkers have around 30k health. I agree, there are better traits that it but it's not the worst IMO.

    The thing is, when do you use charged scout attack against regular walkers? Only against really high level, when they have 60k+ hitpoints. They're too precious to waste them on walkers with 30k health. I do around 1800-2000 stars as well, my HD does 100-120k critical hits so I only use charged attacks against fatties or armoured since I can kill them (or at least almost) with one charged attack. FT sounds nice in theory but isn't really god in practice :/
    Well, I think I will be happy with FT or PS depending which comes first :-). Already rerolled Strong for IS...
    Johnbert
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    Weg said:

    RickMSA - what traits exactly? I am also level 74 and are all maxed out but don't get as far as others.

    I am not sure how you mean that? I aim for the typical useful traits depending on the class. Like it is written down in JayZ’s strategy compendium. My problem is more that I am not sure which heroes to choose next...

  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    MrChris said:

    Don't see any shooters. Tara is going to be very good option after last update.

    Don’t use shooters much except Aaron with winter bow. But yes, new Tara could be interesting. First I go for HD and Rufus...
    Johnbert
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    RickMSA said:

    MrChris said:

    Don't see any shooters. Tara is going to be very good option after last update.

    Don’t use shooters much except Aaron with winter bow. But yes, new Tara could be interesting. First I go for HD and Rufus...
    I would definitely go for Eugene first if you can badge 80% without IS. But HD and Dufus are good choices too.

    I can't tell how many times I rolled Morgan (IS for punish) and Eugene (IS for dodge) but still didn't get those traits. :(

    Meanwhile I got a perfect Carol with just a few rolls (4 I think)...


    RickMSAromeo
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    Johnbert said:

    WellyLuga said:

    Maybe at ultra, ultra high level. But the OP states that he averages somewhere between 1800-2200 and it is still useful at those levels when you're using your charges since you'll be doing 80-100k+ depending on badges and the walkers have around 30k health. I agree, there are better traits that it but it's not the worst IMO.

    The thing is, when do you use charged scout attack against regular walkers? Only against really high level, when they have 60k+ hitpoints. They're too precious to waste them on walkers with 30k health. I do around 1800-2000 stars as well, my HD does 100-120k critical hits so I only use charged attacks against fatties or armoured since I can kill them (or at least almost) with one charged attack. FT sounds nice in theory but isn't really god in practice :/
    Quite often to be fair, I'm not the biggest prowler so I often find myself using Rick in lead with a bruiser and Daryl in 3rd. You're hurting yourself if you don't cycle your charge points and the extra damage gives FT a little more firepower. Everyone has their own way of playing I guess :smile:

    If I could swap it I probably would do for vigilant but I'm happy enough with it to not waste resources on someone who is basically a finished product.
    romeo
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,401
    > @RickMSA said:
    > (Quote)
    > Well, I think I will be happy with FT or PS depending which comes first :-). Already rerolled Strong for IS...

    Strong for iron skin on a scout 😮
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    Drunken said:

    > @RickMSA said:

    > (Quote)

    > Well, I think I will be happy with FT or PS depending which comes first :-). Already rerolled Strong for IS...



    Strong for iron skin on a scout 😮

    100% sure he rolled IS and got strong ;D
    romeo
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    Johnbert said:

    Drunken said:

    > @RickMSA said:

    > (Quote)

    > Well, I think I will be happy with FT or PS depending which comes first :-). Already rerolled Strong for IS...



    Strong for iron skin on a scout 😮

    100% sure he rolled IS and got strong ;D
    Yes, I did. Mixed it up... ;-)
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61
    Johnbert said:

    RickMSA said:

    MrChris said:

    Don't see any shooters. Tara is going to be very good option after last update.

    Don’t use shooters much except Aaron with winter bow. But yes, new Tara could be interesting. First I go for HD and Rufus...
    I would definitely go for Eugene first if you can badge 80% without IS. But HD and Dufus are good choices too.

    I can't tell how many times I rolled Morgan (IS for punish) and Eugene (IS for dodge) but still didn't get those traits. :(

    Meanwhile I got a perfect Carol with just a few rolls (4 I think)...


    Crazy, just got Dodge for IS on Eugene with my first try! Lucky me :-). Now that he is perfect I will take care of HD and Rufus...
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    @Johnbert I agree with you that follow thru gets much less useful the higher up you go, but...

    What would you replace it with and why?



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    romeo
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 483
    edited February 24
    if you have a lvl 7 prowl, it gives you 130% damage from prowling. Times 2 attacks (one each way), it makes very little sense not to take advantage of that!

    If your HD isn’t quite as strong, I supposed I can make some arguments for PS in certain situations. Again, I always use him LT though. Which defeats the purpose of PS

    I get it may not be useful at super high RsL, But I always get a solid 2100 stars and stop after my round passes and call it a weekend. 2100 stars is through rsl 40 and FT comes in clutch A LOT.

    Again, all personal choice but I know I made the move and it was one of the best reroll choices I’ve made.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    Usually Rick is taking out the thanks, and DBD is handling his friends.

    I've had follow thru save my ass more than once at RSL.



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    TWDaddictionWellyLugaromeo
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 557
    Which traits does Beta have? Maybe worth saving some tokens for rerolling him?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 557

    Rufus unicorn is really underrated. Better then Abe imo. As a tank, his LT is a lot better. I’d reroll him long before Abe.

    Agree that Rufus is better, but not by a huge margin. The only real difference is that Rufus' LT gives him an extra charge point when the threat counter goes to zero. This can have a big effect on some maps, and no effect on other maps. Since Rufus normally will be a team member with Sasha leading, the huge health boost of his LT is not benefitting other team members, and only his own poor base health is offset by the big health boost of his LT.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    RickMSA
  • JohnbertJohnbert Member Posts: 192
    edited February 25
    ATLAS-Z said:

    @Johnbert I agree with you that follow thru gets much less useful the higher up you go, but...



    What would you replace it with and why?

    Vigilant, especially for spear/musket. More difficult to set it up with a regular scout weapon but still possible (bruiser in front of the walker, scout on the side).

    If it's a hero, best scout traits are exactly like SR. If it's a regular survivor, vigilant as a 5th trait. :)

    Edit:
    Finally... Used my 5 rolls which I had left and got retaliate for IS @Eugene and dodge for IS @RGG. They're both perfect now. Took way too many rerolls but I'm there now.

    Pasteromeo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,821
    > @Johnbert said:
    > (Quote)
    > Vigilant, especially for spear/musket. More difficult to set it up with a regular scout weapon but still possible (bruiser in front of the walker, scout on the side).
    >
    > If it's a hero, best scout traits are exactly like SR. If it's a regular survivor, vigilant as a 5th trait. :)
    >

    I thought we were talking specifically about Daryl? Who has his TR knife in hand (not spear) 90% of the time?

    I could see vigilant being useful on other scouts moreso then Daryl. Maybe on survivor Scout.

    I don't know man, I definitely think FT trumps Vigilant on Huntsman Daryl tho.



    Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    WellyLugaTroublemakerromeo
  • RickMSARickMSA Member Posts: 61

    Which traits does Beta have? Maybe worth saving some tokens for rerolling him?

    As he already has 3 perfect warrior traits (if used as glass canon) only rolling IS would be interesting. But first you have to get him to legendary, what will probably take ages without spending some bucks. Will therefore roll some others first... :smile:
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    He has the main 3 damage traits to be fair, it's just a small boost to his trait from lucky you would be going for so I'd say he's fine as he is at first
    RickMSA
  • 27Ai27Ai Member Posts: 2
    WellyLuga said:

    It sounds like you really know your stuff! Rufus is really nice with retaliate, revenge, lucky and dodge. Absolutely agree above that PS is wasted on huntsman Daryl, mine has strong and FT and whilst it may not always be helpful it can surprise you.



    After that anyone who is serious about getting high up the rankings needs Eugene with level 7 mullet time, double dodge and double lucky. It is a little bit ridiculous the difference that makes. Once you have that it basically makes every other bruiser redundant.

    By double lucky do you mean lucky as a weapon's trait? Not tactical?
    SPC
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,213
    27Ai said:

    WellyLuga said:

    It sounds like you really know your stuff! Rufus is really nice with retaliate, revenge, lucky and dodge. Absolutely agree above that PS is wasted on huntsman Daryl, mine has strong and FT and whilst it may not always be helpful it can surprise you.



    After that anyone who is serious about getting high up the rankings needs Eugene with level 7 mullet time, double dodge and double lucky. It is a little bit ridiculous the difference that makes. Once you have that it basically makes every other bruiser redundant.

    By double lucky do you mean lucky as a weapon's trait? Not tactical?
    Yeah, as in a staff with lucky as well as rolling one of his traits for lucky.
  • 27Ai27Ai Member Posts: 2
    WellyLuga said:

    27Ai said:

    WellyLuga said:

    It sounds like you really know your stuff! Rufus is really nice with retaliate, revenge, lucky and dodge. Absolutely agree above that PS is wasted on huntsman Daryl, mine has strong and FT and whilst it may not always be helpful it can surprise you.



    After that anyone who is serious about getting high up the rankings needs Eugene with level 7 mullet time, double dodge and double lucky. It is a little bit ridiculous the difference that makes. Once you have that it basically makes every other bruiser redundant.

    By double lucky do you mean lucky as a weapon's trait? Not tactical?
    Yeah, as in a staff with lucky as well as rolling one of his traits for lucky.

    Thanks!
    I thought my Eugene was perfect, seems I should try to replace a tactical staff with a lucky one.
Sign In or Register to comment.