Guild Wars Beta Season 2

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 227
The registration for the first War in the next Guild Wars Beta Season will be opened shortly.

The first Battle happens next Tue, March 3rd, at 8:30 UTC (please don't forget that the registration locks 2 hours before the Battle begins).

This season will include 4 Wars, each new War starting every 2 weeks. Schedule:

War 1:
War Registration starts: February 28 14:31:00 UTC
First Battle of the War starts: March 3 08:30:00 UTC

War 2:
War Registration starts: March 13 08:30:00 UTC
First Battle of the War starts: March 17 08:30:00 UTC

War 3:
War Registration starts: March 27 08:30:00 UTC
First Battle of the War starts: March 31 07:30:00 UTC (8:30 changes to 7:30 due to daylight saving time)

War 4:
War Registration starts: April 10 07:30:00 UTC
First Battle of the War starts: April 14 07:30:00 UTC

Some changes to this iteration of Guild Wars that are happening this season:

- Tier calculation changes, i.e. rebalancing points needed to achieve next tier
- Victory bonus changed from 2x to 1.5x (both VP and RP)
- Guild Shop items were renewed and prices adjusted to 4 wars duration and 25 attacks per person, as previously announced
- Guild Shop is still unaffected by tiers during Guild Wars Beta; every guild has access to every item in the shop
JenngGENERALR20BRPasteglenlivesCammy

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,352
    You have to remember that prices last time were based on 20 attacks per battle. But agree it’s a bit of a steep increase.
    romeoPaste
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,370
    @Vane i think you singly handily pissed everyone off with this announcement.

Good job, 4 wars, more grind, less reward for winning battle, and worse rewards! Kuddos NG. After NW and the bs you pulled upping the Bruiser call after purchases(btw messaged support, got the good ole sorry survivor) I think it’s time to hang up the ole wallet and dip out of game again!
    CammyThunderstorm
  • redbredb Member Posts: 3
    Why so expensive in the guild shop? Why rubbish weapons? Also I would love to play every guild war not just 2 as most of my guild would love to.
    GENERALR20BRKarajocaPaste
  • GENERALR20BRGENERALR20BR Member Posts: 22
    what costs puts 3 attacks for each player? 2 attacks are horrible nn you can almost have fun with 25 attacks also put 3 attacks please
    PasteTCBRITOMrChrisKarajocaglenlives
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 264
    So, NG cut the rewards bonus and raised prices due to increased wars / attacks?

We are doing more than double the missions for the same or less rewards?

Wouldn't that be like raising the event points needed to unlock Beta from 3000 to 6000 and then doubling the amount of missions we have to play in order to obtain those 6000 points?

Or like increasing the distance to 42 maps and keeping the rewards the same?

Stingy.
    TCBRITOromeo
  • mirmir Member Posts: 141
    It's not clear what's going on. Why do a mess, much is not clear. Give us more information or don't give it at all. The coefficient is reduced, the prices in the store are raised - this immediately upsets everyone. Now we have 4 wars, each player has 8 battles in about 45 days. Crazy shredding. The number of fights is limited, everyone knows how much he will earn skulls. There are not enough cards. Like war, waiting for the fork itself I bought for the war , and now think why ;(
    TJCartShadowWalkerromeo
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    mir said:

It's not clear what's going on. Why do a mess, much is not clear. Give us more information or don't give it at all. The coefficient is reduced, the prices in the store are raised - this immediately upsets everyone. Now we have 4 wars, each player has 8 battles in about 45 days. Crazy shredding. The number of fights is limited, everyone knows how much he will earn skulls. There are not enough cards. Like war, waiting for the fork itself I bought for the war , and now think why ;(

While I may not know what your native language is, mir, it is clear to me that you are a nonnative English speaker. However, I found your post to be awesome (with absolutely no sarcasm in that statement). Whether you ran that through Google Translate or typed it by your own means, great job! It honestly put a smile on my face :smile:
    ShadowWalkerPasteromeo
  • mirmir Member Posts: 141
    > @TJCart said:
    > (Quote)
    > While I may not know what your native language is, mir, it is clear to me that you are a nonnative English speaker. However, I found your post to be awesome (with absolutely no sarcasm in that statement). Whether you ran that through Google Translate or typed it by your own means, great job! It honestly put a smile on my face :smile:

Yes, my native language is Russian, and I often do not know how to convey the full depth of thought in English. A lot of words that the translator can not translate exactly, so he indulges and I do not interfere with him :)). I hope no one was offended by the last post:)) I'm glad that I was able to smile, so it's not for nothing that I wrote ;)
    romeoSg_DeathJekyll
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 759
    Hey guys, let me elaborate a bit more on this.
    First off, when we ran the first beta wars, we weren’t sure if we’d even run the second war (in the case of severe issues), so we made the rewards accessible even if players played just one war. Then since there weren’t bad issues, we ran the second war. Additionally, because of potential bugs/issues, we priced the rewards lower as well so it wouldn’t feel like players have to nail their wars to afford the rewards - as such pretty much everyone was able to get their hands on their rewards.
    This time, the pricing structure is meant to make it a more selective process rather than allowing a high proportion of players to buy out the shop completely.
    TroublemakerTJCartATLAS-ZRickMSAManselleDrhoo
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 549
    Even if I win all 8 battles in total i will get around 4k rp. That wont happen. I get 560 to 600plus guild rewards usually. With things from 1k to 2k rewards seems this only benefits higher level players? I have 530 rps after win multiplier. I consider myself someone high. I can take on some 40s in gw tot nearly 700 in one battle last gw.
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 567
    I encountered a bug in map 2D @Fluxxx @Vane
    No walker around and all of a sudden my survivor went into struggle with thin air. Possible to replenish my attack?

romeo
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 567
    Is it because the player name is JesusChrist?🙈
    romeo
  • tjhookrtjhookr Member Posts: 66
    I think guild wars rewards should be the best in game, so people do not pass on it as it is not worth the time, because it hurts other people in the guild who would play
    romeoDrhoo
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,781
    I would like loads of good/free/cheap/sexy prizes.

Yes please! The more the better.

But no one is forcing me or my guilds to play.

We don't play for the prizes, we play because it's a fun collective competitive game mode.

The prizes are just icing for us.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    ManselleromeoDrhoo
  • SobachiaSobakaUASobachiaSobakaUA Member Posts: 10
    Fluxxx, hello from Ukraine. There are a couple of questions. I don't know if they need to be crushed here... Will the advantage in all inra modes of those players who did not raise the level of the characters, but increase only the level of equipment with the help of backing tokens, will be adjusted?
    The second question is more global. At its core, wars. Is it possible to make a mode in which players could fight online directly with each other and at any time. And not as in the War of The Guilds where on the one hand a person plays, and on the other artificial intelligence controls the characters of the other player?

The second question is more global. At its core, wars. Is it possible to make a mode in which players could fight online directly with each other and at any time. And not as in the War of The Guilds where on the one hand a person plays, and on the other artificial intelligence controls the characters of the other player?

No, the game engine wouldn't be able to handle anything like that.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,781
    I think it could handle SOMETHING like what he suggests... Not true PVP of course, but a match up between single players is reasonable enough.

Let's call the new format...

Kumite Tournament:

- matches could last a set time (hours/days)
    - players could then compete one on one to achieve some goal.
    - winner gains extra reward and ranking

Pretty basic actually, I could see this being very popular.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    Thunderstorm
    ATLAS-Z said:

I think it could handle SOMETHING like what he suggests... Not true PVP of course, but a match up between single players is reasonable enough.

Well I interpreted what he said as where you'd play against another player on the same map in real time by his "not... where... the other artificial intelligence controls the characters of the other player"

And not as in the War of The Guilds where on the one hand a person plays, and on the other artificial intelligence controls the characters of the other player?

I think Fluxxx alluded to such things not really being feasible with this game's "old code." Now, I'm not saying I'm an expert on such matters and definitely don't have any inside info on what NG does or is planning, but just based on what they have released and said publicly, it wouldn't seem like this is something they're considering.

Like your Kumite Tournament idea though. Seems like another way to mix up the current formula to keep things fresh. Sounds similar to Angry Birds 2 tournaments in a way.
    I see it this way. I'm going into the game. I see two more guild members on the net. I'm pushing to "create a squad." My guild friends are squeezing "joining the squad." Next, I press the "look for an opponent" button. As a result, you create a battle with some team from another guild formed similarly.
    Each member of my team chooses his character who will fight in a common battle. Which will happen in real time on one common map. In a three-on-three or five-on-five format...
    The winning guild raises its rating. The selection of opponents can be implemented in different ways. You can come up with prizes or let's let teams bet in some game currency, gold for example... It is possible to implement a single challenge, where you will fight in a personal standings with an arbitrary player, even with a member of your own guild, already managing all three of your acceptable characters in one-on-one mode. "Kumite" as a friend wrote.
    This is the same in many games. For example, in the 3D shooter Modern Strike. By the way, the chat should be added so that you can communicate with your opponent.
    I don't see a problem with real online fights in this game. There is no need to quickly transfer large amounts of information as 3D games with cool graphics. This game is more like chess. In any case, the implementation of the above will add popularity to the game and bring additional money to the creators. In any case, the costs will pay off.
    ThunderstormBurmeliinisromeo