Beta's Leader Trait Values

VaneVane Community Manager Posts: 227
Beta is a Warrior, and his leader trait One With The Herd has the following description:

Beta is not attacked by walkers when he moves past them. Passing by a walker gives Beta {X}% chance to gain up to 1 charge point; each passed walker increases this chance by {Y}%. Every walker passed by Beta becomes a part of the Herd, following Beta and not attacking him nor his allies during the next turn. Tank, Spiked, and Goo walkers cannot become a part of the Herd. Attacking a herded walker removes the status.
As a leader, each member of your team gains this trait.

The X and Y values:
Level of Trait Basic chance for 1 Charge Point: Each passed walker increases chance by:
3 13% 8%
4 15% 9%
5 17% 9%
6 20% 10%
7 23% 10%
8 27% 11%
9 30% 11%
10 36% 12%
danny_sulcaArtminiusSpikedShadowWalkertabernacTroublemakeranthony172kmrAlecks3Governatorjustinc222Angelspit

Comments

• ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 552
    edited February 28
    So if I pass only one walker is it 13% + 8% for a 21% chance? Or does passing the first walker only count as the basic chance?

Also will passing special walkers increase the chance of a charge point? Obviously they won't be herded but we will get the other effect for passing them?
    GradytabernacGovernator
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,369
    To my understanding, first walker is base value, with next walkers each adding the X%.

At lvl 7 hero trait, passing by three walkers, for example: 23% for first, with 33% (23+10) for second, and 43% (23+10+10) for third.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ATLAS-Zvshield50
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,826
    I agree with @Troublemaker

Makes the most sense.

If you read the text above the chart (ie trait description) and then read the chart, it seems clear.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    vshield50Troublemaker
    It probably is that, but I wouldn't say it's 100% clear. If that is the case then it should say "each ADDITIONAL passed walker increases this chance by (Y%). " Under the current wording it can be interpreted as having X% for passing any number of walkers in general, +Y% for each individual walker. It would be kind of like if you get in a metered taxi and there is a base fare (X) and then you pay (Y) every time you pass a certain distance. However, Beta's LT description is long so I can understand if they tried to write it as simply as they could and cut some words out.

I also assume Tanks, Spiked and Goo walkers will add to the percent chance even if they can't be herded, but I have assumed things about other LT in the past and been wrong.
    GradyGovernatorArtminiusjustinc222
  • ArtminiusArtminius Member Posts: 484
    That's a hell of a good question: Even if the walker cannot be herded, does it count for the passed-walkers total?

Smart!
    Troublemaker
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 282
    This will be fun to play around with, but I think the best practical use of the trait would have been to tie up (herd) Tank and Spiked walkers. With those excluded, I'm not seeing the strategy. But I'm keeping an open mind.
  • LoneWanderer360LoneWanderer360 Member Posts: 417
    I'm hoping you can lead away the herd while you open gates.
  • DrPsychedelicDrPsychedelic Member Posts: 173
    edited March 4
    I think Bera has a 141 2/3% chance of herding or defeating any walker at sacrifice
    AchillesV
    edited March 4
    > @Grendel said:
    > This will be fun to play around with, but I think the best practical use of the trait would have been to tie up (herd) Tank and Spiked walkers. With those excluded, I'm not seeing the strategy. But I'm keeping an open mind.

There's potential, if you can use herding to keep the masses at Bay and charge up your tank killers.

Think about it, if it works as advertised you can keep running from the tanks, herding and charging.

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    @Vane any official answers to either of my questions? I am sure you guys have been busy with Bloomsday, GW and NW, but a response would be appreciated.

Or @Fluxxx do you have any idea? By the way welcome back. :)
    edited March 6
    @Fluxxx @Vane

Has it been said, what status are Walkers left in after they are no longer herded?

Edit: specifically curious if they are agro or wandering

Thanks

ShadowWalkerTJCart
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    What if seems like is that after turns are over they become not herded. And can only herd regular walkers. @ATLAS-Z
    > @rogueDS said:
    > What if seems like is that after turns are over they become not herded. And can only herd regular walkers. @ATLAS-Z

Yeah I realized I could just go watch the trailer again.

Looks like they are aggressive once herding wears off.

rogueDS
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 554
    Will be excited to see how works. Might be time for 2 tank scouts? @ATLAS-Z
    I'm think many strats will become possible.

Lots of patience and finesse tho

ShadowWalker
  • PicPic Member Posts: 1,011
    Idk what you herd
    NezoMrLuckypsychwolf
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 557
    Not sure if it was mentioned, but Beta's hero bonuses to Damage is 30% and Health 40%. So he has the best health boost of all heroes and only slightly less attack boost than the Alt Heroes who have 33% on both stats.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    ShadowWalkerjimmorrison369
  • BilldingerBilldinger Member Posts: 255
    I don't believe this is correct.
    How so?
    Just to clarify:

ShadowWalkerTJCart
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412

How so?

Well @Burmeliinis that seems like a rather dense question, but I'll break it down for you.

Belief is the attitude that something is the case or true. In epistemology, philosophers use the term "belief" to refer to personal attitudes associated with true or false ideas and concepts. However, "belief" does not require active introspection and circumspection. For example, few ponder whether the sun will rise, just assume it will. [Wikipedia]

In summary, that is @Billdinger personal attitude toward Beta's base values. Regardless of any facts or figures, since it is his personal assumption, I find it rather bigoted of you to question his beliefs, Burmeliinis.

:wink:
    BurmeliinisShadowWalkerLoneWanderer360glenlives