Tackling higher-level walkers

From JayZ's indispensable guide - this is about tackling harder Distance missions:

'... any enemies that you kill that originally spawned at the beginning of a mission will NOT be there the next time you replay the mission.'

1. Can anyone advise if this also applies to GW missions?
2. If so, do you only benefit from it by fleeing, or does it apply after a defeat?
3. Is it transferable, ie would other team members coming straight in after you expect to see fewer walkers waiting?

Comments

• imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    edited March 2020
    From what I’ve played so far, this doesn’t apply to GW missions.

Edit: except the maps where you fight hero/survivors bots.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
    romeo
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    It does not apply to GW missions.
    romeo
  • SherrySherry Member Posts: 17
    One of my team mates did lose on the enemy.. they killed 2 of them when I went in there was only one enemy to kill..not sure abt the other ones...
    SCBMATCBRITO
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    The Distance is an entirely different game mode than Guild Wars or Challenge.
    Paste
  • jrodrf2jrodrf2 Member Posts: 335
    > @SCBMA said:
    > It doesn’t apply to GW missions with walkers but it DOES apply to the GW human enemy maps.

Whoops, forgot about that! My mistake.
    SCBMA
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    Thanks for the enlightenment, y'all. Very much appreciated.
    @Fluxxx Can you mark this as 'answer accepted' please?
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 799
    edited March 2020
    @Infinite_M0nkey He's the community manager, not a forum admin (ok, maybe he is that too, but it's not his job). You also have to press the drop down arrow next to the "New discussion" button to create a question. Then you can mark it as answer accepted yourself. Now it's just a normal discussion thread.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    TJCart
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 121
    Like others already mentioned, the walker levels don't work like distance levels that way, but I think it would be nice if they would... why make it work like that for enemy levels but not for walker levels?

It would make the ultra high level maps more approachable for mid- and lower-level players for sure! Something to think about.
    imnfictionPaste
  • Infinite_M0nkeyInfinite_M0nkey Member Posts: 74
    @Paste
    I'd never even noticed the drop-down arrow lol! Thanks for your helpful response.
    Came to ask a question, got good answers to 2. Plus a nudge to be more observant.
    Today's a good day.