Call to Arms event!

imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
This is an attempt to forecast weapons that will appear during the Call to Arms event. {last update 3/22/2020}

*********************** intro ***********************
My decision to buy or skip the offered weapons depends on:
- cost, i.e. what if tomorrow a similar one would cost more or less? so far the cost stable 1k.
- my gold balance, i.e. what if tomorrow there will be better offering and I don't have gold?
- weapon itself, i.e. must have vs nice to have.

Based on all above, the big question is - how can I know if today is the best offer, or should I wait for a better one.

*********************** guessing ***********************

Since we have 6 classes and 7 days:
- it's likely we get one class weapon per 6 days, with a potential twist on the day 7. <<Update>>: this got broken on day 6, when instead of a scout weapon we got another hunter weapon)
- It's likely the cost will stay 1k gold during the first 6 days.
- It's unlikely we get weapons of different quality (tier) during the first 6 days, i.e. if we have mid-tier buckshot shotgun for hunter on day 1, we won't have top-tier dragon tongue for warrior.

*********************** confirmed ***********************

- Day 1 Buckshot Shotgun
- Day 2 Festive Lucille
- Day 3 Chainsaw
- Day 4 Spear Gun (was guessed correctly)
- Day 5 Dixieland BBQ (was guessed correctly)
- Day 6 Flaming Crossbow (who would expect the hunter weapon again?!!!)
- Day 7 Tactical Spear

*********************** Tiers & Probabilities ***********************

Top tier - LOW probability to appear, with exception to day 7.
hunter: harpoon
bruiser: Morgan staff, hockey stick
scout: tactical spear, daryl's hunting knife, pitchfork
assault: golden assault rifle
shooter: flare guns
warrior: dragon's tongue

Mid tier - HIGH probability to appear at days 1-6.
hunter: festive shotgun (confirmed), flaming crossbow (confirmed), golden incendiary rifle, RPG
bruiser: festive Lucille (confirmed)
scout: pumpkin carver, musket (highest probability), cheap spear, winter axe (lowest probability)
assault: LMG, DixieLand BBQ (confirmed), Pickle Jar, the Reconnin'
shooter: spear gun (confirmed)
warrior: chainsaw (confirmed), winter shovel, road sign

Unique weapons w/o special functionality have almost no chance to appear, hence I'm skipping Michonne's Katana, Rick's mace, someone's special pistol, etc.
My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
kalebsonDeathwish19TJCart

Comments

• kalebsonkalebson Member Posts: 12
    I have to agree. It’s way too expensive especially not knowing what all of them are. I might want to buy a couple but don’t want to pass on todays waiting for something that never comes. At least tell us what they all are in advance
    TCBRITO
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 724
    Can someone share the details of this event?
    Is it just regular weapons you can find in crates or unique ones?
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 489
    > @Deadheads said:
    > Is it just regular weapons you can find in crates or unique ones?

Today is the shotgun, so likely they’ll all be unique, buyable weapons
    MudMoccasin
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 538
    Please, oh PLEASE, let these be weapons no longer seen in Bundle Shop (i.e. Beth's Scissors, Heath's Crowbar, Tactical Rifle, Silenced Mac 10, Golden Lucille, ect.)!!!!!!!!!!!
    Karajoca
    Hmmm, that COULD be good then, especially for F2P players. The timing isn't great though considering people are using their gold to reset distance.
    Walkerslayer82Deathwish19Artminius
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    @JayZ question to Pro from F2P. Bucket shotgun is must have or nice to have for 40+, given that I already have the festive shotgun and Daryl’s crossbow and will get harpoon from the GW soon.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,629
    edited March 2020
    The shotgun is absolutely not worth 1k gold, I'd agree somewhere between 300-500. I think at that price to get people really buying you'd have to offer up the high tier best in class weapons like the staff, spear, harpoon, DT or golden AR but I guess we will see what the week has in store.
    PigBenis
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,629

@JayZ question to Pro from F2P. Bucket shotgun is must have or nice to have for 40+, given that I already have the festive shotgun and Daryl’s crossbow and will get harpoon from the GW soon.

I'd put the buckshot above Daryl's crossbow but below the festive shotgun and the harpoon. I think the harpoon is the only must have hunter weapon in the game at the moment.
    imnfiction
  • JayZJayZ Member Posts: 3,619

IMO, for end-gamers, it is a not-needed-at-all item. I bought the buckshot shotgun a while ago, and am only using on Maggie when I farm XP in the Distance... Like @WellyLuga said, Harpoon is the most valuable Hunter weapon in the game, followed by Festive Shotgun, and then a normal fire rifle (wide bore, lucky, incendiary), and then the Flaming Crossbow. I almost never take more than two Hunters on missions, so having two Harpoons and a Festive Shotgun is more than enough for me.
    imnfiction
    @WellyLuga @ATLAS-Z @JayZ thanks a mil for swift replies!
    ATLAS-ZJayZWellyLuga
  • Verdao1914Verdao1914 Member Posts: 60
    I think this initiative to allow players to use resources from within the game to acquire a special weapon is very cool. I am sure that if this had happened 2 years ago I would literally be jumping for joy. But today is not the case. I really think it's a great idea but I believe that we will not have such a good execution of the event.
    Among several problems with this dynamic is the weapon's value. I do not even need to explain why I do not agree that 1000 gold is a fair value since my colleagues have scored this issue so well before me.
    The period that we are having access to this event also does not seem to be the best as we are in the middle of a seasonal campaign where the overwhelming majority of players are investing 400 gold in the repetition of the distance mode every week.
    It also doesn't seem fair to me not to disclose which weapons will be participating in the event since most of us don't usually stock that much gold. If we knew what was coming, we could program ourselves to buy the weapon that really makes our eyes shine.
    Finally, I would like to leave a idea so we can future terms a sequence of this event in proper way to happen in my opinion.
    In place of a "lightning" event that ended up taking everyone by surprise, NG could create "Community Day" and once a month offer a special weapon so that we can buy using gold. With a prior announcement of which weapon would be the highlight, we could program ourselves to buy the desired weapon on Community Day. I know it would be useless if it was still expensive, but we would have a chance to mine enough gold to make the purchase.
    imnfictionShadowWalkermsrebeccaDeathwish19
  • euchideuchid Member Posts: 250
    For 1000 gold it should have unique stats and some tokens ...
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,689
    But harsh putting the festive Lucille in. Was given free to most players during the recent campaign and inferior to the Morgan staff or hockey stick. Poor show.
    reekookrimnfictionBelgarath
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,689
    But harsh putting the festive Lucille in. Was given free to most players during the recent campaign and inferior to the Morgan staff or hockey stick. Poor show.
    imnfiction
    edited March 2020
    this has been reviewed, optimized and moved to the first post.
    ShadowWalker
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 678
    Assuming we get one weapon for each class my guess will be the Spear Gun for Shooters. There is a Flare Gun bundle today so I don't think they will sell one and then offer a free one.

For scouts I will guess a SS Spear, I don't think they will give out a Tactical one for free.

There is already a Festive Road Sign in the Guild Wars shop so I think there is a pretty decent chance for another Dragon's Tongue.

We are about to get the Decimator and we already got a Golden Assault Rifle, so my guess for assaults is that it won't be a stunning weapon. Probably Light Machine Gun or Dixie Land BBQ.

Wildcard for 7th day: An RPG (hopefully the Devil's Torch), if I recall correctly they made some adjustments to them in the update so perhaps they let us try it out.

Basically I am not expecting anything too amazing.
    imnfiction
    @ShadowWalker thanks, updated. Don’t think that there will be Dragons Tongue tho. Fully agree about the rest.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 2020
    > @JayZ said:
    > (Quote)
    > IMO, for end-gamers, it is a not-needed-at-all item. I bought the buckshot shotgun a while ago, and am only using on Maggie when I farm XP in the Distance... Like @WellyLuga said, Harpoon is the most valuable Hunter weapon in the game, followed by Festive Shotgun, and then a normal fire rifle (wide bore, lucky, incendiary), and then the Flaming Crossbow. I almost never take more than two Hunters on missions, so having two Harpoons and a Festive Shotgun is more than enough for me.

@JayZ Since you did it for hunters, could you or someone else rack and stack the usefulness of bruiser weapons in the same way?