Call to Arms event!

Comments

• Freak8Freak8 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know what the upgrades are for the golden assault rifle?  Does it have a special functionality?
  • TunezTunez Member Posts: 3
    JLC said:
    Ever since the first Call to Arms event back in March, I’ve been diligently saving my gold in anticipation for the next Call to Arms. 6 months later, here it is and I’m ready.

I don’t usually buy weapon bundles, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get special weapons for free. Thank you, NG!
    Same here, I am 100% F2P and this is a great opportunity to get good weapons. 
    For Assault, I couldn't think of a better option (other than fire ones, useful only for distance) - this is confirmed in page 1 guesses. 
    I will buy this one, and yes; Thank you NG and @Fluxxx for listening and accomodating!
    Between GW shop, the seasonal campaigns, and the call to arms, my arsenal is getting in good shape, and I've been playing (again) for less than 1 year...  
    WellyLugaaquilaJLCzombieornottobe
  • ThunderstormThunderstorm Member Posts: 89
    edited September 2020
    Is the golden assault rifle better than the decimator? I only have 1000 gold to spend. :(
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 919
    The Golden Assault Rifle has better traits, but the Decimator's charge attack is better. I prefer the Decimator in Guild Wars and maps where you need to make your way to the exit, the GAR is better for setting up stun walls though.
    ThunderstormzombieornottobeBurmeliinis
    Thanks ShadowWalker for the info. I guess I'll wait for the decimator, if it comes.
    zombieornottobe
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 837
    I think it would be nice if they offered each item for 2 days. Then the items could overlap each other 1 day at a time. That would allow us to compare yesterdays with todays and make "shopping" more fun.

I'd love to see unique trait combinations on offer this way too.  If they are only available through call to arms offer, that adds an extra element of special not available for purchase, only available from play (or gold purchase).
    DedmonShadowWalkerJordanYukifearofthedark
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,046
    The golden assault rifle will always outclass the decimator until piercing is removed. The charge attack for the decimator is awesome but the I'd take the GAR any day for reliable charges and double stuns.
    ThunderstormaquilaJayZzombieornottobe
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,974
    Wait for the last day and it’ll be the best weapon of the lot same as last time. My guess is daryls destructive knife. 
    [Deleted User]Paste
  • find2046find2046 Member Posts: 69
    Day 1, golden assualt rifle.  
    I don't have 1000 gold.  I have to pay $10 buying 1200 gold if I want it.  But, there is an option, same price for devil torch and other stuffs.   We all know which is more attractive clearly.   NG should do something otherwise this event will be failed.
    BTW, I love this game. 
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 77
    Freak8 said:
    Does anyone know what the upgrades are for the golden assault rifle?  Does it have a special functionality?
    It's the only AR which has the Consussion trait and i'll equip it to Abe as soon a possible. With him i'll have 93% stun chance so it's gonna help Distance runs a whole lot easier for me and perhaps GW to. 

I better farm those reinforce tokens now since i have 4 unique weapons to keep up. 
  • Firekid said:
    Wait for the last day and it’ll be the best weapon of the lot same as last time. My guess is daryls destructive knife. 
    bet for this too :D
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 690
    Busta said:
    How about weapons with new traits 

disclaimer I haven’t read all the posts so sorry
    if others have mentioned this. 

Decimator with lucky or incendiary instead of piercing. 
    Morgan’s staff with interrupt tactical and razor 

tactical spear with threat reduction 

golden rifle with interrupt, piercing and incendiary 

chainsaw with built in razor (built like I recommended in the bloody congrats thread) 

shooter flaming bow with tactical (think winter bow) 

Instead of offering us all the same weapons we can all already buy with the bundles. 

Change the traits make this event worth our whiles 

@fluxx

Agree with these 100%!!!!
    However if there is a remote chance, PLEASE let the Trusty Farmhand be on one of these days.... and let it have an additional special function!!!! No harm in asking....
    Please?
    Freak8 said:
    It's the only AR which has the Consussion trait and i'll equip it to Abe as soon a possible. With him i'll have 93% stun chance so it's gonna help Distance runs a whole lot easier for me and perhaps GW to. 

I better farm those reinforce tokens now since i have 4 unique weapons to keep up. 
    Ok, so few things... it’s not the only assault rifle with concuss, there are a few others including the decimator. It’s just got perfect traits for charging up with Sasha which is why it’s so sought after. 
    Secondly, abe will either have 100% stun Chance when using charge attack or 0% when not. Or did you mean 93% chance to stun for two turns? In which case I think it’ll actually be closer to 83% which is with level 9 luck on the hero. 
    It’s still a great weapon though! 
  • fretjefretje Member Posts: 121
    Freak8 said:

No need to reinforce the GAR... damage doesn't matter (or is even better when lower) in most use cases...
  • VitoFirstVitoFirst Member Posts: 12
    Day 2 - Hunting Bow.
    Great weapon, but I already have one.
    Paste
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,309
    This is a shame really there's lots of new players out there that don't have the winter bow and it would have been a much better choice for this event offer

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    LoneWanderer360
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,309
    edited September 2020

Give me an LMG with these traits...

I want to mow some shit down with my offensive assault

( for context I have pretty much all the gear I want and I also have a surplus of gold from double radio bundles)

(it's kinda like ... A motorcycle, definitely not practical or something I need at all, just something I want for fun ) 

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    ShadowWalkerWellyLuga
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 837
    ATLAS-Z said:
    This is a shame really there's lots of new players out there tghat don't have the winter bow and it would have been a much better choice for this event offer

That's exactly what i thought when i saw it. I already have this one, not the other one.
    ATLAS-Z
  • SparrowMervSparrowMerv Member Posts: 77
    Firekid said:
    Freak8 said:

Ok, so few things... it’s not the only assault rifle with concuss, there are a few others including the decimator. It’s just got perfect traits for charging up with Sasha which is why it’s so sought after. 
    Secondly, abe will either have 100% stun Chance when using charge attack or 0% when not. Or did you mean 93% chance to stun for two turns? In which case I think it’ll actually be closer to 83% which is with level 9 luck on the hero. 
    I forgot the Decimator, maybe i'll get 1 one day..my Abe has got Lucky level 5 (18%) add that up with 15% Lucky and 60% concuss on the GAR. Makes 93% :)
  • ThüringerThüringer Member Posts: 23
    Firekid said:
    Freak8 said:

I forgot the Decimator, maybe i'll get 1 one day..my Abe has got Lucky level 5 (18%) add that up with 15% Lucky and 60% concuss on the GAR. Makes 93% :)
    @SparrowMerv: no, you can not simply add the percentages of luck and another trait, maybe other players can this explain in english better for you...
    edited September 2020
    @SparrowMerv yes, luck is multiplied to traits rather than stacks. So concuss is 60% then you times by 1.33 (15+18=33) = 79.8 chance to stun for two turn. It’s the same for all luck traits. For instance dodge. Add all your dodge together then multiply by your luck added together. 
    Yes it’s weird and not logical but that’s NG maths for you! 
    Also their are 2 other tactical assault rifles which have concuss, one has wide and charging and one has wide and piercing. 
    Thüringer
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 629
    @SparrowMerv

Once upon a time it stacked. 
    Not anymore 
  • JordanYukiJordanYuki Member Posts: 149
    Some things I’d buy

1. Long Spear or Pitch Fork with Tactical-Razor-Destructive
    2. Hockey Stick with Tactical or Lucky
    3. Unicorn Bruiser Vest with Health Boost
    4. Unicorn Bruiser Vest with Stun Resist
    Paste
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 297
    Some things I’d buy

1. Long Spear or Pitch Fork with Tactical-Razor-Destructive
    2. Hockey Stick with Tactical or Lucky
    3. Unicorn Bruiser Vest with Health Boost
    4. Unicorn Bruiser Vest with Stun Resist

+1
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
    edited September 2020
    I think should just extend the Call to Arms event to 2 weeks to include more special functionality weapons. And on the last day, a clearing out sale of all the items on display. Items which were already bought will be greyed out. This will encourage new players to buy more gold.
    MudMoccasin
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 690
    edited September 2020
    SparrowMerv said:

This one (which I saw in Bundle Shop one time) as well as The High Tech Assault Rifle, Winter Assault Rifle, and the Decimator (which you later mentioned) all have Consussion:

• RealClareBRealClareB Member Posts: 166
    Is there anything special about the Hunting Bow? What's the difference to the Winter Bow?
This discussion has been closed.