Using gold to acquire a weapon.

Why does that sound like a doomed idea.

Comments

• TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,429
    Any offer for gold or TG is absolutely welcomed.

That's the only way f2p can get interesting items and push harder.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
    ShadowWalkerFirekidGradyromeo
  • ADPaqADPaq Member Posts: 341
    It very much depends on the weapon on offer.

I'm f2p and have around 2,400 gold saved up. I need 1,000 for the distance resets to get the spring tokens so I should be able to buy 1 weapon. The prices are exorbitant, but if a spear became available I'd probably buy it.
    tallinieromeo
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 83
    Does anyone know what weapons will be offered each day?
    I could use Morgan's Staff and will definitely buy it. Thanks
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    @JediMasterYoda we can only guess.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
  • porxporxporxporx Member Posts: 9
    Buckshot shotgun. Is it worth 1000 gold?
  • porxporxporxporx Member Posts: 9
    Next one is festive lucille.
  • JediMasterYodaJediMasterYoda Member Posts: 83
    Thanks guys, fingers crossed.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 4,103
    Nothing worth spending 1000 gold on yet. Already had both weapons in my inventory. Could go for Golden Incendiary Rifle or Flare Gun. :sunglasses:
    psychwolfSPC_TORRES
    @Governator I thought you only respect Plasma Wonder Something :)

I disagree with “nothin worth spending”, it really depends on gold balance, F2P or P2P, level and what does a player have already in their arsenal. Also one prefers to wait for something better or lives the current day, and so on.

I skipped the shotgun, since I have the festive one already, and bought the 2nd Lucille as I’m totally in love with the first one. As F2P I don’t have staff. I guess it will pop up in GW shop one day.
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
    TWDaddictionPaste
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 486
    edited March 18
    > @PigBenis said:
    > It has little to do with gold balance. As I've pointed out, I have enough gold to buy all of the daily items at their ridiculous prices and I'm sure other players do as well. I choose not to buy them however because not only are they overpriced, they just aren't that good compared to others in the same class. He is correct. Buy if you want but I don't believe it's a great move.

Agreed. I Have more gold then I can handle right now and I’ve passed on every weapon. If I was a f2p, the gold would likely be more scarce obviously so I don’t see myself mustering up 1000 for these so far.

Shotgun was definitely a nice weapon but there’s been bundles with extra stuff, for around the same price in gold. I get we shouldn’t compare paying to f2p when you can acquire gold, but it is relevant. Plus I never run more then two hunters and the harpoon comes first, then the festive Lucille which Are both free (If you buy the harpoon in GW). Shotgun is a sick weapon though.

And I will say the Festive Lucille is very nice if you don’t have any staffs. Still a steep price but I can see the debate there. If you do have staff, staff any day of Lucille.

The chainsaw is all fun or stick in your outpost. I have one but never use it. 1000 is way overpriced.

At the end of the day, it is what the person thinks. I think we all need to comment each day and say if we like the weapon (not the price), and the individual can decide. The price is Individually determined and at least we can help the decision!?!
    ShadowWalkerimnfictionTCBRITOPigBenis

> @PigBenis said:
    If I was a f2p, the gold would likely be scarce and I sure as heck wouldn’t spend 1000 of it on any of these weapons so far.

:) If you were. :)

I'm F2P and as mentioned was quite happy to buy the 2nd Lucille. When you are F2P, you don't have too many options to get the special weapons. Campaign and GW, basically that's it. One can wait for something better to pop up, and it might appear later. But at the current stage, for F2P it's not the question Lucille vs Staff or Ice Axe vs Daryls Hunting Knife. It's a choice of Lucille vs nothing, since there have been no free staff for the last few years.

It is a question of gold balance for me, since this is the resource I control and so far can predict how much should I keep/spend for the comfortable game. I see no point in keeping over 10k gold without spending it.

Not trying to convince anyone here. I get your point that these weapons are overpriced, and I agree. Simply sharing "the why" behind some will still buy it, like me. Not everything of course, chainsaw and the shotgun are definitely not my choice.
    TWDaddictionShadowWalkerSCBMA
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 636
    > @TWDaddiction said:
    > At the end of the day, it is what the person thinks. I think we all need to comment each day and say if we like the weapon (not the price), and the individual can decide. The price is Individually determined and at least we can help the decision!?!

Wise words.
    imnfiction
  • ReinRein Member Posts: 27
    There aren't enough worthwhile things to spend gold on in this game, so I wholeheartedly welcome it. 1000/$9 is excessive, though, but it's not like you can't accumulate that much gold in two or three weeks by just playing the game/watching ads.
    My NML Instagram | My NML YT Playlist | Guild: Woodbury
    "You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. You won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget."
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 597
    I bought the spear yesterday for free was saved up gold. If a staff comes up I will buy a 9.99 weapon bundle and use the 1k gold to get staff