What will make Sasha lucky?

imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
edited March 16 in Strategy Discussion
Hey to all the Sasha’s fans. I want to make her luckier and I’m hesitating between marksman and revenge - which one has to go. She will get the GW harpoon gun soon.

Screenshot in the bottom of this post is to help visualize her current unlucky life.

Thanks for helping me!

What will make Sasha lucky? 27 votes

Marksman. She doesn’t need this extra damage.
74%
GothgulHerbergejimmorrison369mimicaStHalljpsanthony172TJCartWellyLugafearofthedarkBurmeliinisPigBenisDrunkentjhookrKriegCarl_Tyreese999reekookrRacerghost_pepperGoptus_kf 20 votes
Revenge. Her LT is enough on its own to charge.
14%
ATLAS-ZimnfictionShadowWalkerNovell 4 votes
Critical Aim. Just because it doesn’t always work.
11%
GovernatorSlizecyclon98 3 votes
Ruthless. Can’t think of an explanation.
0%
My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
imnfiction#8607 on Discord.
ShadowWalker

Comments

• TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    I believe this is the correct answer, just from what I've read on the forums. I think the reason is that since it only boosts weapon damage, the gains aren't that great compared to the other abilities.
    imnfiction
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,783
    edited March 17
    I don't like revenge on Sasha. It's too flaky and unpredictable.

And since Harpoon gun only requires two charge points she charges herself just fine without relying on her teammates to take hits.

My opinion

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    imnfictionShadowWalkerTJCart
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    edited March 17
    Id say revenge is 100% predicable.. You get hit, you give hit, unless you dodge. Revenge lets you charge on a big pack if you use pawns on distance
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    imnfiction
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 535
    edited March 17
    Revenge does have some problems:

1) You can accidentally kill a walker with low health and ruin a stun wall.

2) When combined with CA you can actually stun the walker that just attacked your other survivor and free them from struggle, which is pretty good sometimes. However, it can be bad if another walker then comes and attacks you. @Firekid might still have a video of this happening to his Haggie.

3) And of course you have to be extra careful with Exploders and Goo Walkers.

Revenge isn't a bad trait, but I don't think it's a must have, especially if she is equipped with the Harpoon Gun.
    imnfictionTJCartPaste
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    @ATLAS-Z @ShadowWalker Thank you for the insight on Revenge vs Marksman. Like I mentioned in my post, I’m no expert. I’ve just done the research to see what the main community consensus has learned to apply to my own survivors. It’s always good to have more perspectives.
    ShadowWalkerATLAS-ZGrady
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 535
    No problem @TJCart. Like I said Revenge is still a fine trait, my Sasha actually has it now, but I will eventually reroll it for Ruthless because of the above reasons. Honestly it just comes down to personal preference and I think any combo of Revenge, Ruthless, Lucky, Critical Aim, and Marksman would make a good Sasha.
    TJCart
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,180
    edited March 19
    I think revenge helps more than it hurts you. The times mentioned above aren't really that common and since your question is purely about what will make her luckier and improve her charging chances then extra hits from revenge is going to help with that. Marksman isn't going to influence charges at all really.
    anthony172
  • imnfictionimnfiction Member Posts: 206
    WellyLuga said:

Marksman isn't going to influence charges at all really.

why?
    My F2P challenge videos are here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAl_96Zig2NXqvGM_2Mf5Aw
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    Its only like 6% of your total damage, and assuming your using your sasha in high level, so you wont kill anything with one shot anyway
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
    edited March 19
    @reekookr
    could you explain pls where does 6% come from?

I'm puzzled since I expect Marksman to add more (ref. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36848/psa-marksman-strong-is-now-really-affecting-the-weapon), as well as to boost critical damage (https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41774/critical-damage-question).
    Paste

WellyLuga said:

Marksman isn't going to influence charges at all really.

why?
    Lucky increases the likelihood of her LT working whilst revenge gives you the chance of an extra attack and therefore another roll of the dice. Marksman is listed as 15% boost to damage but it is only base damage, I forget the exact calculation but I believe it is applied before your badges and weapon is added so is closer to a 6% boost. I guess the only way marksman is going to help you gain charges is if you hit a walker and left it with next to no health left, in that situation marksman would have got you a kill.
    imnfiction
    @WellyLuga thanks.
    I think the formula is here https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36848/psa-marksman-strong-is-now-really-affecting-the-weapon
    But you have explained it in the way that I don't really need the formula :)

I've been recently trying to reroll revenge to luck on Sasha, and had 2 bad rolls with vigilant, sure shot, retaliate and other joy. Game is telling me to stop torturing revenge, and reroll marksman. :)

thanks a mil to everyone sharing your opinions here.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,004
    Yes, marksman is about 12% of your damage. NOT 6%.

However, i Believe @ATLAS-Z recently (on a small scale) proved that it DOESN'T get boosted by Critical hits.

That is HUGE. Especially if your goal for sasha is to do mostly critical hits.
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,004

@reekookr
    could you explain pls where does 6% come from?

I'm puzzled since I expect Marksman to add more (ref. https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36848/psa-marksman-strong-is-now-really-affecting-the-weapon), as well as to boost critical damage (https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/41774/critical-damage-question).

First link is still true!

Second one has some faults.
    Marksman and criticals don't seem to work together.
    It would explain some discrepancies when I was testing the formula back then.
    That was years ago btw...

• SlizeSlize Member Posts: 30
    don't look at my vote, marksman ofc.

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,783
    And don't look at my vote, Marksman sucks more than revenge

2% more

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 120
    The only thing Marksman has going for it is when it's the bonus condition for a badge and now you'll always get 5% more damage from that badge.
  • GovernatorGovernator Member Posts: 3,905
    Critical Aim just doesn't trigger enough for my liking.
    Agreed, it is in need of a buff. I think the body shot side could be doubled and the crit side given a small 10% bump. It's still a really solid trait to have, when it does work there are moments where it is invaluable. I've had many moments where it is the reason I passed a mission.
    ghost_pepper
  • cyclon98cyclon98 Member Posts: 24
    I mistakenly voted for CA but I meant Marksman.