Inconsistencies of walker behaviour on any corners

reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
Im getting wrecked with walker slaps around the corners in the game. Sometimes walkers go around the corner and other times they just hit you through diagonally. You cant ever know if walker is going to walk next to you or stop in the corner to wait for a next turn. There doesnt seem to be any logic in this design.
Refusing to support pay to win games.
Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 555
    Agreed. I think it basically works like this:

- if a corner must be walked around (i.e. not diagonally), a walker will also not attack diagonally
    - walkers will not attack over or diagonally through covers

How to know if you can walk diagonally through a corner or not? Visually often impossible to see, but by tracking your own survivor's move you can see how it works. Obviously often you cant make that path (if you don't have enough AP's or if there is walker standing there).

So fully agree that there should be some kind of marker for it. Now that we have the grid it should be easy to add a dark black line at the corner or similar indicator.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    TJCartfearofthedarkGrady
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,366
    This may be bad for the players, but it's the right thing to be done imo, because it is what would happen in any similar situation: walkers ALWAYS attack when near a human.
    ::
    Mavericks Guild Family
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,812
    You would think with the handy dandy new grid you'd be able to tell if it's a "hard corner" (no diagonal movement) or a "soft corner" (diagonal movement possible).

But no... They visually often look the same and you can't tell without the pathing test @Burmeliinis described.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    TJCart
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    edited March 22
    They could implement it in to the grid with straight edges (safe corner) and rounded edges (not safe, much pain) of the grid tiles
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,357
    I agree, harder corner lines would be an amazing addition to the tactical grid.
  • kookaburrakookaburra Member Posts: 42
    @Troublemaker One would think so. But frequently at a fence or if my toon is charged close to them, they somehow turn and run...
  • JankelJankel Member Posts: 175
    edited May 2
    @psychwolf it's true, I noticed it too, walkers have strange behavior, it seems that they have a tendency to hit the survivor who has lower health than others, instead of moving logically
    Burmeliinis
  • Bullet_TheSaviorsBullet_TheSaviors Member Posts: 13
    no no no, What are you saying!
    Maybe we Can Get a better score if we know how the walkers move. But walkers are NOT rational, you should NOT count on a walkers movement.
    I say let Them move weird, maybe even let some of the move three instead of two from time to time
    Dont trust a Walker
    ShadowWalker