Level 15 and a few questions.

So I'm just in the process of upgrading my toons to Level 15 and have a couple of questions if anyone would like to offer input. So I was told basically pick about 8 and focus on them to level up. Unfortunately as I'm still relatively new at this I unlocked all but 5 characters and was told this was a mistake as they aren't powerful yet. Makes sense. I'm using Abe, Hilltop Maggie and Eugene most of the time as well as Daryl and a few others. I've been getting along fine upgrading them as I go but I'm told it will be harder later, so what can U suggest. Secondly in terms of upgrading my Camp, I've been told to get the farms as high as I can before I need to upgrade council to upgrade them further, at the moment they are all level 8 and 9 respectively, my tents are level 7, supplies level 8 as well. Do the farms actually stop at a certain point, where do U suggest I stop and upgrade other things? I'm doing well in Guild Wars and love that aspect of the game just want to take my general game to the next level, I don't mind the grind do a lot of supply runs when needed and challenge is getting slowly better, making about 485 stars at the moment so yeah early days. Also before I forget weapons? Do I bother upgrading or leave till later as suggested some of them come with great traits. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.
MC.

Comments

• TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited March 21
    Hmm, so you basically want a game walkthrough, lol.

First of all, I always promote this site since the author put a lot of work into it. Parts are a bit out of date, but it's a much better resource than the wiki page. Also, it won't address many of your specific questions, but trolling around on there might give you some insight that you weren't thinking about otherwise:

https://twdnomansland.wordpress.com/

Back to your post. Sounds like you received some good info. I seem to remember that early game, I'd always have way more XP than supplies in relative terms. If this is the case for you, don't be afraid to level up all your "less useful" heroes/survivors to the same max level. You may eventually want to do this anyhow. At some point however, the XP/supply ratio changes, which you might already be at. At that point, you need to determine what your goals are and play accordingly.

Do you want to reach "endgame" as quickly as possible? Do you want go at a more leisurely and easy pace and contribute Challenge stars to your guild?

For the most part, there is probably an optimized methodology that addresses both of these paths quite well, but at some point, they do diverge some, especially as you get toward the end. Let me know and I'll try to write up what I can without making a novella out of it.
    Pastehunter_x
  • reekookrreekookr Member Posts: 205
    If you plan on staying with the game, id say make a new account and learn from mistakes.. Theres a reason why people advice to go with few heroes, it gets harder and harder to keep up, and you end up many heroes left behind in the progress during leveling.
    Refusing to support pay to win games.
    Strategy game where the best strategy is to buy shortcuts with real money
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    So as a general guideline in trying to get to end game as efficiently as possible, I'd say that supplies (tomatoes) are your most limiting resource. So in terms of maximizing this resource, I'll offer the following bits of advice. As you mentioned, farms are pretty important. The passive generation of supplies is good no matter how you look at it. Secondly, from scavenge missions, supply rewards are determined by your highest survivor level, including pink stars, so I am going to recommend upgrading your survivors as fast as possible (within reason, more on this to follow). When you have met these primary goals, adjust your XP spending accordingly. I'll continue by addressing your direct questions below.

I'm using Abe, Hilltop Maggie and Eugene most of the time as well as Daryl and a few others. I've been getting along fine upgrading them as I go but I'm told it will be harder later, so what can U suggest.

Not a bad choice of survivors, I'd suggest using Governor/Regular Maggie/Regular Glenn more for "farming" missions as you're able. Don't use them if it slows you down too much, but if you can, the little bonuses they provide add up over time. Since we're operating under the idea that you've unlocked most everybody, you might as well keep upgrading them as long as you have excess XP. Always focus on upgrading your "power players" first, at an even rate, then well equipped weapons for them, then the rest of the heroes, and finally excess weapons to dump XP into if you have extra XP (you get 25% scrap value back--better than sitting with max XP in your camp). For your "best" survivors, I'll just say use the highest starred ones for now within reason, and try to increase the "must-have" heroes during the applicable radio events.

Secondly in terms of upgrading my Camp, I've been told to get the farms as high as I can before I need to upgrade council to upgrade them further, at the moment they are all level 8 and 9 respectively, my tents are level 7, supplies level 8 as well. Do the farms actually stop at a certain point, where do U suggest I stop and upgrade other things?

As mentioned earlier, farms are great. After that, I'd say just kind of upgrade your most limiting resource. Are you constantly short on XP? If so, tents are fine, otherwise, I find that I make a lot of XP through mission completion as is, so you may not need to upgrade these as much. The mission car? Might be good if you play in short bursts; less so if you play a little throughout the day; not very important if you buy gas boosters. Finally, Training Grounds/Workshop. Regarding my earlier note about survivor level dictating your supplies earning from missions, this is important. However, keep your top survivors evenly leveled. You don't want to outpace your ability to beat missions/earn Challenge stars which is heavily dependent on upgraded equipment. Hospital as needed. As for your question, "Yes, farms along with all other buildings max levels are limited by the council level."

I'm doing well in Guild Wars and love that aspect of the game just want to take my general game to the next level, I don't mind the grind do a lot of supply runs when needed and challenge is getting slowly better, making about 485 stars at the moment so yeah early days. Also before I forget weapons? Do I bother upgrading or leave till later as suggested some of them come with great traits. Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

So yeah, weapons. Toward the very end, I didn't even bother upgrading most weapons. That was because I was maxed out with all heroes unlocked at level 21 or so, took a break for a couple of years, and came back with a new max survivor level of 27! In that instance, I was placing heavy emphasis on upgrading most of my heroes and only used gold nonupgraded weapons. I was able to still get a minimum of 500 Challenge stars easily. For your situation. I'd keep at least a set of fully upgraded weapons, especially for the classes you use most. At least until you can completely clear The Distance on easy. Then weapons might become less important in your race to the top. The exception being, if you get an awesome special weapon with special traits, you might as well keep that upgraded with reinforcement tokens. Hopefully you don't get too many at this point, because they will become prohibitively expensive by the time you get to lvl 27.

I think those guidelines will help you the most. I didn't touch on everything and don't take the advice as the "perfect rule" for all situations. It's certainly not, but it should be good general advice that fits your situation.
    imnfictionPaste
  • BlazeawayMCBlazeawayMC Member Posts: 2
    Thanks alot for your detailed help.