Suggestion: Instead of the Vs Human maps, maybe include 1 human from the enemy in each walker map?

GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 190
It would be a token gesture, but really so is the current system with 3 human opponents with no badges, inconsistent equipment, and no charge ability...
Crocodile

Comments

• GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 190
    edited March 26
    Honestly, I think you should get rid of the humans completely unless we are given control over setting up the defense and they are buffed to at least have a chance at winning a defense.
    SCBMA
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 101
    It would need to many changes in the system and new changes means new bugs.
    And there are too many bugs anyway :(
    Paste
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 147
    edited March 28
    Dealing with spiked walkers blocking your way on "search for clues" missions with both normal respawns and auto spawns is already too challenging imo. I don't need a 5 star Alpha with incendiary as well.

Maybe if they balanced so you would never get all these it could work, but I much prefer the current way.
    Paste said:

Dealing with spiked walkers blocking your way on "search for clues" missions with both normal respawns and auto spawns is already too challenging imo. I don't need a 5 star Alpha with incendiary as well.

Maybe if they balanced so you would never get all these it could work, but I much prefer the current way.

I think it would be best to get rid of the humans completely and add walker maps. Guild Wars is really more about two guilds competing against the same challenge map than it is true player vs player.
  • MrChrisMrChris Member Posts: 101
    Grendel said:

Paste said:

I think it would be best to get rid of the humans completely and add walker maps. Guild Wars is really more about two guilds competing against the same challenge map than it is true player vs player.
    Current system is far from perfection, but removing opponent hero changes it to guild challenge, instead of guild wars - which we already have in different formula. I see your point, but removing "human" opponents would make this boring much earlier.
    Most annoying in human opponents is low amount of VPs. What if we make it harder with bigger VPs gain? It would be much more challenging.
    I'm not a fan of idea that opponent heroes should have the same LVL as RSL of two previous maps (TPM), but maybe if we add to your max hero lvl (not ASL) half of difference between your max hero lvl (not ASL) and RSL of TPM.

Example 1
    We have max hero with 27lvl and TPM RSL 27, so the opponent heroes would have lvl 27.

Example 2
    We have max hero with 27lvl and TPM RSL 40, so 27 + (40-27)/2 = 33,5. According to maths, we round it to up, so the opponent heroes would have 34lvl.

VPs gain would be the same as for TPM.

The question is what we do with zombie lvl. If we stay with lvl of TPM RSL, it could be unbeatable at top missions.
    MrChris said:

Current system is far from perfection, but removing opponent hero changes it to guild challenge, instead of guild wars - which we already have in different formula. I see your point, but removing "human" opponents would make this boring much earlier.

The most boring part of Guild Wars is the vs human maps. They are a joke. They are only there to justify the nomenclature you pointed out: "Guild Wars". But simply pasting player survivors/equipment on top of bad AI and reduced functionality doesn't elevate this to being more than a Guild vs Guild challenge.
    SCBMA