Token Transfer for Survivors question

Hi @Fluxxx

As I’m trying to patiently upgrade my Bruiser, a thought occurred to me...it would be really nice to be able to transfer tokens from a Bruiser that I previously upgraded but don’t use as much now to the Bruiser I’m working on now.

Has this idea ever come up? Instead of trashing the survivor, have the ability to take a single trait on the survivor and lower it for a token return to transfer to another survivor?

For example, I have a two pink star Bruiser that I mainly use in outpost. I also have a bad-ass 3 pink Bruiser who I’m trying to upgrade. I don’t want to get rid of the 2 pink. The solution: take one of the traits from the 2 pink (Power Strike, just as an example) and lower that trait from 6 to 5, and use those tokens towards my 3 star Bruiser.

This could be done through a retraining/repurposing slot in the training grounds, and cost a certain amount of supplies to do (giving a way to spend down full supplies) or a certain amount of XP to do, or even cost a small amount of gold.

Thanks for listening!
Proud Elder with Badger Hounds

Comments

• hunter_xhunter_x Member Posts: 340
    Not sure about your idea but since we have re-roll token it's better bet in any way than waiting for best survivor or unicorn some would say
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 273
    Not changing traits...just using tokens from survivor not used so much to transfer over to other character that already has traits you like. This way you don’t have to lose survivor A to help survivor B.

Bruiser A is 3 pink star I want to upgrade to 4 pink, love all 5 traits
    Bruiser B is 2 pink star that has good 5 traits, don’t want to trash and lose all those good traits

Solution: Downgrade 1 trait from Bruiser B, to upgrade Bruiser A...(for a small cost, of course)

The tokens will be available now for Bruiser A, and at the same time you still have Bruiser B. Bruiser B may lose effectiveness, or maybe lose a pink star, but can be upgraded back up at a later date.
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    So instead of rebadging, you'd be restarring, lol. Interesting idea, but NG doesn't have much incentive to implement such functionality when they already have a similar mechanism with scrapping survivors for their tokens (yes, it is different, but it effectively satisfies the same goal).

Plus, there would have to be token loss in transferring between survivors, just as scrap value doesn't give the full amount of tokens back that have been spent on a survivor. Otherwise this could easily be exploited when you roll a high rarity survivor from the Radio Tent, transfer all his "token" abilities to your desirable survivors, and then scrap him. Sure there would be whatever costs like supplies or gold as you mentioned, but supplies or xp would not have any equivalent value to tokens, and the gold prices would probably have to be set so high that it wouldn't be worth it anyhow to many people. Thus it becomes extra functionality that NG has to spend man hours to implement with relatively little payoff.
  • huskersoxfanhuskersoxfan Member Posts: 273
    Just a thought...you’re probably right...
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    Don't let any criticism get you down. Remember there's constructive criticism too. There's lots of little good ideas, like yours, which will probably never make it into the game for the "work vs reward" aspect of it, but you never know. Plus, you might have that "A-ha!" moment where you think of something that just makes perfect sense and could be a game changer for everyone, even though no one else has considered it because they're so used to the status quo. So don't be afraid to come up with new ideas.

One last thought, from a developer standpoint adding new features is bad, but necessary. It is bad because anytime you implement new features, you're building code upon old code and all kinds of crazy stuff can happen. Look at Beta and Guild Wars, for example. Even the relatively simple features might have unexpected interactions. Realize that this game looks a lot different than when it came out in 2017 (2016?). They've probably added some functionality that they never dreamed of when they started, yet it's built on that original framework. It's necessary though to keep the player base entertained, so they can continue to make money.