Survivors are obsolete?

dmspectredmspectre Member Posts: 19
Coming back to the game after a long while. Survivors used to be better than heroes as you could get them to legendary quicker. Now i hear they are obsolete? What happened? Which heroes should I be gunning for if that's the case?

Btw, the 2x hero chance radio call sucks! I pulled 60 radio calls and got all Glen tokens (the normal Glen, not riot glen)

Comments

• BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 545
    Yeah the 2x calls are not that great. You should only start using them when all your main heroes are legendary or 1 pink and you only want to focus on some particular hero. So I would say to save your phones for the special calls that occur every month or every second month.

Regarding heroes, yes it's pretty much only heroes nowadays. I would not spend tokens or energy on keeping more than 1 survivor of each class up to speed.

Best heroes (in no particular order)
    Survivalist Rick
    Huntsman Daryl
    Riot Gear Glenn
    Eugene
    Bruiser Morgan
    Sasha
    Michonne or Jesus (both are good but you might want to focus on only one first)
    Abraham (Rufus is also good but requires a shitload of tokens to reroll)

The new hero Beta has so far received mixed reviews.

Ingame username: Jubjab
  • dmspectredmspectre Member Posts: 19
    how come the heroes got better than survivors? Sorry noob question: my gold survivors has 5 traits unlocked while my hero only has 4 at epic.
    Three main reasons
    - people have had time to upgrade their heroes to one or many pink stars. There are more and better calls than before so it's not that hard to get your heroes upgraded
    - one of the main issues with heroes before was that some or many of their traits often sucked. with luck you could get unicorn survivors with all 5 traits good. now with reroll tokens you can also get unicorn traits to heroes
    - Heroes leader traits are (obv depending on trait) better than regular survivor traits as they boost the whole team. They are also often better than the regular traits.
    dmspectreimnfiction
    Did leadership traits change with a patch? I remembered that for Heroes, their leadership trait only works when they are the leader and it is for the whole team. The other heroes in the team will not have their personal leadership traits apply at all.

What if i have 3 heroes? Will all their leadership traits apply on everyone?
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited April 7
    No. Depending on the mission you are playing, a different LT might work better for that strategy than another. There is no one "best" leader for all situations. So that is why you'd want to have multiple high level heroes on hand and that they will often be higher leveled than your survivors now since people focus spending more radios on heroes than on survivors.

Now if you already have 8-10 star survivors then, sure they can still be useful. However, some LTs are so useful in certain situations, that it may be worth it to use that hero even if they aren't in the leader position and it only affects them and even if they are a star level or two below your survivors.

Oh, and does the hero "extra hidden star level" only apply to game balancing calculations, or does it actually affect the +5 100% body shot rule?

EDIT: Retracted statement.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,781
    > @dmspectre said:
    > Did leadership traits change with a patch? I remembered that for Heroes, their leadership trait only works when they are the leader and it is for the whole team. The other heroes in the team will not have their personal leadership traits apply at all.
    >
    > What if i have 3 heroes? Will all their leadership traits apply on everyone?

Hero leader traits used to only work when they were in the leader position.

Now hero leader traits work in any position but only for that hero. this was a huge improvement since previously anytime you use the hero in a non leader slot they were essentially toting around a wasted trait.

For that trait to apply to the whole team you still need them to be in the leader slot.

also since leader traits can work in any position the synergy between some of the traits is significant.

Off the top of my head one example is Tara as a leader and Morgan as a teammate. Morgan can rack up charges from taking hits and then heal himself because Tara is the leader. Recently Tara got a buff so that her trait is even more effective. This particular example is more of a mid-level strat but you got it I think?

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    imnfictionTJCart
  • TJCartTJCart Member Posts: 412
    edited April 7
    ATLAS-Z said:

Hero leader traits used to only work when they were in the leader position.

Oh, really? I wonder if that even predated me, or if I was just too dense to realize it when I was playing before.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,781
    Yup. That's really what made the major improvement an uptick in hero usage. Imo

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    imnfictionTJCart
    I had also forgotten that!
    thanks for sharing that, Atlas-z!

btw, i feel that survivors are not obsolete unless we have legendary heroes? For eg. A legendary survivor with 5 traits is better than a hero with 2 traits in a team. Heroes of course will always trump survivors as a leader for their leadership trait though...