Suggestion for minimizing GW level abuse (flat badges and reinforced weapons with lower levels)

2»

Comments

• PastePaste Member Posts: 776
    No one ever questioned that part.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,306
    edited May 2020
    Was working on a little project too. Just started this 2 months ago and got some insane power. Cost me a little money too. About $200.

Burmeliinismiori199373
  • tallinietallinie Member Posts: 393
    > @avelardez said:
    > Was working on a little project too.
    > Just started this 2 months ago and
    > got some insane power. Cost me a little
    > money too. About $200.

I love the story missions, too, and thats why i came back to game after my first retirement 1.5 years back. I created new f2p account to be able to replay story missions.

However, I didnt quite see your point about insane power here or maybe you posted wrong video. +9 difficulty is nothing special in this game. In challenges we are seeing frequently people doing rsl 50 missions with lvl 27 team i.e. +23 difficulty.

Or are you saying that, because your toons were lvl 13, they still shouldnt be able to fight against lvl 22s, despite spending more money than most players are ever spending in this game and you being one of top players?

I agree that NG would need to do some serious rebalancing in this game. Badges, trait rerolls, crazy hero leader bonuses especially at highspender levels, razor, you name it, all that should be removed to make the game more fun and fair.
    edited May 2020
    > @tallinie said:
    > > @avelardez said:
    > > Was working on a little project too.
    > > Just started this 2 months ago and
    > > got some insane power. Cost me a little
    > > money too. About $200.
    >
    > I love the story missions, too, and thats why i came back to game after my first retirement 1.5 years back. I created new f2p account to be able to replay story missions.
    >
    > However, I didnt quite see your point about insane power here or maybe you posted wrong video. +9 difficulty is nothing special in this game. In challenges we are seeing frequently people doing rsl 50 missions with lvl 27 team i.e. +23 difficulty.
    >
    > Or are you saying that, because your toons were lvl 13, they still shouldnt be able to fight against lvl 22s, despite spending more money than most players are ever spending in this game and you being one of top players?
    >
    > I agree that NG would need to do some serious rebalancing in this game. Badges, trait rerolls, crazy hero leader bonuses especially at highspender levels, razor, you name it, all that should be removed to make the game more fun and fair.
    >

I’m saying I just started this little project 2 months ago. Hitting level 21s with level 13 is not easy by any means. I just got badges too all 1-2 star badges. Only can get level 13 gear from distance and buying in bundles. Got level 21-24 gear in all my creates/reward. Can’t use any of it. However, if I would have started this before the last two wars or when I first seen this re-enforcement deal on my level 25s, I could have done this back then and made it to the level 30 deal. What I spent on this little project was just for fun and to show you all that it can be done.

Just a player since the beginning. Always have been. I spend money to get what I want so it for does help. Using my free account is a major difference. Free was back in the day with LLS. Level 6 survivor scouts would help you get level 30 repeatable missions. All free. Easy tactic. Cost me $1.99 for 24 hr gas.
    miori199373
  • Erik_war_ZErik_war_Z Member Posts: 6
    @Fluxxx said:
    Fluxxx said:

The difficulty of GW missions will be based on either the average of your top 3 survivors or highest equip-able equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded.

But, The difficulty of GW missions SHOULD BE based on BOTH the average
    of your top 3 survivors AND highest equip-able equipment level - 3 (because by default a survivor can equip a weapon that’s 3 levels higher when it’s fully upgraded. Because the total survivor damage is calculated like:

Damage = (Ds*(1+%H)+Dw*(1+%M)*(1+%L)+B+)*(1+B%)

where:

Ds = Damage survivor
    %H = % hero (Abe and Jesus)
    Dw = Damage weapon
    %M = % marksman/Strong
    %L = % lethal
    B+ = sum of all +damage badges
    B% = sum of all %damage badges

https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/36848/psa-marksman-strong-is-now-really-affecting-the-weapon
    Karajoca
  • IcePeterIcePeter Member Posts: 376
    It amazes me that anyone would put so much time and money into exploiting a loophole that could be closed at any moment - and then asking for their money back.
    PasteSilverhawkTCBRITOKarajoca
    @Erik_war_Z I don't disagree with the logic of that, but the only reason people had to reinforce weapons without also leveling their survivors was to exploit GW. The change hits harder on some people than I expected it to, but that's just a transition phase until they properly level up (they already have the council level for it).
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    SilverhawkTCBRITO
    edited May 2020
    The change don’t do much for me. Just increased from 29/31 to 35.

miori199373
    Your missions are 3 levels harder than before the change. That's no small change. I guess they need to into flat badges more, but that's not an easy one to solve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 964
    edited May 2020
    yeah more restrict more bugs less fun less players

they already bug my scavenger and challenge missions, force me to scrap my guns and let's see what they crap more
    TCBRITO
    Not even you can actually agree with your comments any more.
    TCBRITO
    @Paste said:
    Paste said:

@Erik_war_Z I don't disagree with the logic of that, but the only reason people had to reinforce weapons without also leveling their survivors was to exploit GW. The change hits harder on some people than I expected it to, but that's just a transition phase until they properly level up (they already have the council level for it).

So can you explain me please the reason of today’s first bundle shop?:

If I have properly level up my survivor and weapons , why do I need 75 reinforcement tokens with four new weapons? I think that @Crocodile has the answer.
    And, why does not NG lock the posibility of using improved equipment 3 levels higher than the survivor level? The picture give us a clue.

But after the GW changes, best thing is how they have named this bundle : “Get Ready For Guild Wars”. Get ready for GW spending money...and be punished for improving weapons.

Note: (Sorry for my english)
    TCBRITOTJCartRealClareBSCBMA
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,140
    At some point and time there will be a council upgrade, those tokens will be priceless then when you need to upgrade 20 pieces of gear to keep up with you survivor level.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

PasteWellyLugaTCBRITO
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    Exactly, we are probably due a council upgrade in a couple months and it basically gives you enough so that you aren't too far from being able to reinforce them again.
    TCBRITO
    Ok, @WellyLuga and @Billbam, this is a Good bundle (my opinion) for the council upgrade, but the name of the bundle is not "Get Ready for the Council Upgrade" but "Get ready For Guild Wars", so NG consider that this bundle is Good for GW, where reinforced weapons are penalised if you are "properly level up".

From what I understand, each of you are Max Level survivors with maxed equipment, and you can´t understand the problem of consider only the level of your higher equipment for the difficulty of GW because you are only thinking in people with lvl. 10-13 survivors and lvl 30 weapons. With the GW change, when you'll upgrade the Council to lvl 27, remember to first level up your survivors because whith your first 31 reinforced weapon/armor, all your survivors Will be considered of level 28 at GW and as far as I know this is not a "balanced" rule.

miori199373TCBRITO
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,140
    Actually I have a level 19 2nd account and fully understand the plight of the lower level accounts. For this bundle the weapons would come out fully upgraded by I always have unicorn vests that I need to reinforce by using these tokens. And also weapons that came out with prior events such as the musket and bayonet. Waiting for them in the wild means upgrading 2 every couple of months. Getting this bonus in a weapons pack if better than gold to my end account.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,968
    I think you are reading into it more than you ought to. It's called get ready for guild wars bundle because those weapons are arguably the best weapons for their class and would be fantastic for guild wars. Reinforcement tokens are a great bonus as it means you will be able to keep them as high a level as possible.

They fixed the low level survivor/high level gear issue but it doesn't mean that they can't put tokens in with a weapon bundle to spice it up. That type of bundle existed long before the exploit did.
    PastetabernacTCBRITO
  • miori199373miori199373 Member Posts: 43
    > @miori199373 said:
    > Mistakes of developers, it's not us cheaters, but their miscalculation. And the holes should be fixed instantly. The breaks are cheating, and increasing the arsenal for tokens and not a small donut is the game mechanics of the process, good players see all the ways and use it, while others just whine and poke their fingers, I spent enough money from the beginning of the introduction of reinforcement tokens, and I think your decision is not fair , my heroes are of a high enough level, but I raise all donation weapons for tokens and did not think that for my investments they will also insult me. The difference between the cheater and the player using the donat is probably clear to the child, why say such words?
    Pastepsychwolf
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,924
    @Erik_war_Z quit whinging. It’s always been the way that you should level your survivors first, it the way the game has always been played, just because NG listened to the community and introduced reinforcement tokens so that our weapons wouldn’t become obsolete as soon as we did level up our survivors and some people took advantage of that doesn’t make NG the bad guys.
    Play the game as it’s intended and you’ll not have any issues with reinforcement tokens.
    3vilrinePaste
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    God, I hope they bring back tier specific rewards and also put some more tiers into GW because reaching a higher tier is way too easy, so not everyone can get every reward being bronze 1. Effort = rewards, whiney = no rewards.