Is using an EXP bot cheating

Comments

• jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    I'm pretty sure most people on this forum will use it just the same as Howard.
  • MilessMiless Member Posts: 129
    All that innovation and you use it on a game... So sad
  • BodhiBodhi Member Posts: 55
    Yes
    Pieman You can ask 942 times and I will remain indifferent. Again, for the reading comprehensionly challenged, not a thread about your little guild, it's just a poll about whether people think using a bot for farming is cheating.
    Pie_Man
  • zbotzbot NML Legendary Moderator, OW Moderator Posts: 6,712
    jester said:

I'm pretty sure most people on this forum will use it just the same as Howard.

@jester, yup but didn't want to mention that...
  • Camel56Camel56 Member Posts: 550
    Yes
    Of coarse it's cheating! If you played this game on your own by yourself, and not with any other person to get an advantage over them, then I would say no. But since there are real live people you are competing with, then using outside assistance is cheating.

Do a search on google for "The Walking Dead No Mans Land Cheats". Or leave off the cheats part, and you will see that as an option to search for.

The cheats are out there, and obviously, plenty of people to try and use them.
    zoson
  • basiaMDbasiaMD Member Posts: 58
    Yes
    i'm very surprised 25% of people think that using a computer program to do something repetitive when you're not playing is not cheating. it's certainly not a legitimate way of playing the game. does that mean 25% of people are using bots to get xp? boy do i feel stupid for doing it the old fashioned way.
    Adamantium
  • steste Member Posts: 108
    Eh it's no biggie. The only thing that can come of this is killing the farming missions altogether for people who bot and manual farm alike. I suspect this may become moot when the outpost is launched anyway. It'll be far better to swap trade goods for xp if it's anything like the beta
    zosonLumpisdead
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    Yes
    My mobile phone does not support the game. So, I also use Bluestacks to play th game on my PC. Bluestacks is NOT a bot. It is an emulator that immitates the Android OS so that mobile games may be played on a hone computer or laptop. Now, it can be programmed to autoclick, so there are features that can be used as bots if you set them up. I personally do not use them because doing so would be cheating.
    Adamantium
  • AysatyoPetAysatyoPet Member Posts: 1,168
    assuming that we are all humans.. humans have conscience.. And what is conscience? Conscience is an awareness of morality in regard to one's behavior; a sense of right and wrong that urges one to act morally. if there is a slight doubt in your head that what you are doing isn't right, it's probably your conscience telling you that its not right.
    Now, i believe, the one who can answer this question is only ourselves..

Adamantium
  • asboqueenasboqueen Member Posts: 3
    No
    @Bodhi I made a throwaway comment and you made a mountain out of a molehill?? It was MY opinion and you also know I hadn't been in a guild before so I didn't know the rights and wrongs of game play. . Seeing as I do actually see it as a game and not something to throw a strop over.. I still don't see the harm in it to be honest.. nanight :)
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Lmao ...Legos? Fans? Pets? How boring...I taped my vibrator to my game...visual and sound entertainment bonus ;)
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
    [Deleted User]AdamantiumJenny
  • asboqueenasboqueen Member Posts: 3
    No
    @Tammy sounds fun :smiley:
    Sky
  • Yes
    tammy said:

Lmao ...Legos? Fans? Pets? How boring...I taped my vibrator to my game...visual and sound entertainment bonus ;)

Y'all are truly crae, crae And you must have one that plugs into the wall cause we all know the game drains batteries due to the incessant need to be connected to the server constantly :D
    Jenny
  • tammytammy Member Posts: 1,716
    Oh absolutely everything's plugged in...can't get cut off mid play
    LEADER OF RETRIBUTION GUILD
    Click here to join RETRIBUTION guild
  • Karo50Karo50 Member Posts: 2
    Yes
    tammy said:

Oh absolutely everything's plugged in...can't get cut off mid play

Cringe
  • Yes
    @tammy

Is that why I keep seeing all the street lights flicker on and off all night? :D
    Jenny
  • woodstockwoodstock Member Posts: 200
    No
    Of course it is a kind of cheating to use a bot. I still voted no, because I think the poll really asks if a bot gives an unfair advantage against other players. In this case I agree to KYZR, that the same advantage can be achieved by spending real money for gold. So, is it also an unfair advantage to buy gold against those players who can't or don't like to pay? If yes, then we should ask Next Games to stop selling gold ...

edited February 2016
    Yes
    Yes, let's ask NG to stop making money as an app business Or better yet, we can ask people to spend money to support the game for free players and then take away the advantage for doing so. Fair advantage of utilizing a game market vs outside software as an unfair advantage.

I can't believe that people actually don't see the apples to oranges comparison of the two. Baffling...
  • jesterjester Member Posts: 2,747
    Yes
    So much for the "Grey area" argument...
    hottexas
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Yes
    if you're gonna cheat, then cheat and own it...
    ...but saying that cheating by using a 3rd party program to farm exp for you isn't a cheat is just lying to yourself.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    hottexas
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on tv, but that screen shot represents a bot or scraper taking people's info not about using a "bot" to play the game for you... I'll take the case!!!
    I haven't felt the need to use a bot or auto click program on this game but I'm not about to look down on anyone who has or will. Let the players own conscience guide em, I find grinding exp boring as F and can find much better use for my time - but I still love killing masses of zombies. (zombie in masse??)
    Cherokee_RosePerdtin
  • Yes
    I'm with @Bodhi @AysatyoPet & @Dread on this one.
    At nowhere does the guy using computer software to play equal the grinding I'm doing.
  • Yes
    I was offered a roster full of legendary for $10 the only legendarys I have are the ones I earned through play.
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Yes
    @bgbelden if you're talking about @outofbox00 , then be thankful you didn't pay for his "exploits" because anything he used was long patched.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
    Jenny
  • zeeblackzeeblack Member Posts: 1,108
    No
    XP farming is a tedious task and take hours to gain enough experience for upgrading survivors, weapons and armor. If a bot does that for me, what's wrong in it, as it would also take same amount of time as the player. This is the way for players who don't spend their hard earned money on buying gold and opt for slower upgrades.

Buying gold and then upgrading your buildings, survivors, buildings and weaponry in few seconds. This is the method used by players who spend their hard earned money on buying gold and getting faster upgrades
    I am Black, Zee Black, Level SeVeNtY fOuR with OnE hUnDrEd & FiFtY ThOuSaNd sTaRs, Elder, SG Woot, tWo MiLlIoN star guild
    hottexas
  • DERRICKDERRICK Member Posts: 329
    Yes
    Wait... there is a way to stop pointless grinding xp and can get 300k without pay something, only spend six gas a day and use the rest of my gas all week to compete in guild challenge? So i dont have to buy any extra gas at all.. so NG gives us permission to do stuff that gives us an extra advantage not everybody can have? Didnt do it till now, but where do I sign? ;-)
    ... .... ...... ...... ....... ... ......
  • Yes
    @Dread yeah he got mad at me cuz I wouldn't let him into my Google acct.
  • PlayOrangUtanPlayOrangUtan Member Posts: 37
    Yes
    One of the most important issue Nextgames has to solve.
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    Yes
    @Jenny LOL Maybe u should give a try to a siamese cat or an undulate.
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
This discussion has been closed.