Guild Wars Beta Season 3

Comments

• Vlad_UUVlad_UU Member Posts: 10
    @Fluxxx Sorry, but that's not true. As I noted above, they are higher than us in all ratings.

[Deleted User]AnDronchikStaryi
    So we are fighting vs the Guild, which is higher than us, and we have fewer ( 8 x 10) people. Fair play? )))
    AnDronchikStaryi
  • TakerTaker Member Posts: 3
    Crocodile said:

> @Fluxxx said:

> Yes @Vlad_UU , because La Fenice is in the lower tier, this matchmaking is possible.

>

> @grzechExp that's a good idea, but as you said it does involve more data being stored for all guilds, which can increase server load quite significantly so we will likely not go in that direction. However, if we get the tiers to refresh more dynamically, those situations should happen much less.

your matchmaking push every guilds play 4x10

AnDronchikVlad_UUStaryi
    Taker said:

Crocodile said:

> @Fluxxx said:

> Yes @Vlad_UU , because La Fenice is in the lower tier, this matchmaking is possible.

>

> @grzechExp that's a good idea, but as you said it does involve more data being stored for all guilds, which can increase server load quite significantly so we will likely not go in that direction. However, if we get the tiers to refresh more dynamically, those situations should happen much less.

your matchmaking push every guilds play 4x10

@Fluxxx "because La Fenice is in the lower tier, this matchmaking is possible" - really?
    AnDronchikStaryi
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    Yes, because they haven’t changed their registration since they signed up so are currently still shown as a Lower tier even though they have increased their score. Hopefully the devs will be able to Fix this as per fluxx’s message above.
    Supergreens however are screwed as we’ve had to change our last two battles around a bit. 😥
    AnDronchik
  • grzechExpgrzechExp Member Posts: 48
    Vlad_UU said:

So what is wrong with this matchmaking?
    We have only 8 people vs 10, against guild who higher than us in all ratings?

Is it because they have a frozen tier?
    @Fluxxx

@Vlad_UU You've been victim of what I spoke with Fluxxx about.
    When this war started both you and la fenice were Ranked Silver III.
    La Fenice made their roster completly and is not touching it now. So for match making scripts they are still ranked as Silver III. And as long as no one moves in the roster they will stay like it till the end of the week.
    After winning in the first day and qualifying to the Gold I rank someone had moved in your rosters. That triggered refresh in the scripts and now you are ranged as GOLD I.

With the rules of MM if you play againsts lover ranked team (even if it is not in reality) your team can be shorter then enemy.
    That a huge pity for you as I guess on all the other days you will not have 10 players squad. But you will be the only Gold ranked guild.
    So every day you will be playing against full squads in this week.

Fortunatly Reward Points will be recompensated to you I guess.
    AnDronchikStaryi
    edited May 2020
    @Vlad_UU You've been victim of what I spoke with Fluxxx about.
    When this war started both you and la fenice were Ranked Silver III.
    La Fenice made their roster completly and is not touching it now. So for match making scripts they are still ranked as Silver III. And as long as no one moves in the roster they will stay like it till the end of the week.
    After winning in the first day and qualifying to the Gold I rank someone had moved in your rosters. That triggered refresh in the scripts and now you are ranged as GOLD I.

With the rules of MM if you play againsts lover ranked team (even if it is not in reality) your team can be shorter then enemy.
    That a huge pity for you as I guess on all the other days you will not have 10 players squad. But you will be the only Gold ranked guild.
    So every day you will be playing against full squads in this week.

Fortunatly Reward Points will be recompensated to you I guess.

Thank you @grzechExp, @Firekid for the explanation.

@Fluxxx, recognize that if a wrong rating is used during the matchmaking, then the matchmaking is also incorrect!!!
    We try to play honestly, without pitfalls, as the rules require, but what are our chances against your bugs ???
    So what are you going to do, due to described above https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/410208/#Comment_410208?
    Will we get 8 vs 10 in the next 3 days because we have an wrong honest tier?
    AnDronchik
  • Jens_KFJens_KF Member Posts: 53
    @Fluxxx

The GW system, like it is now, is just nothing to go for. We played yesterday and today against a guild, which is in our own tier and both times we had one player less. There is no way to compensate 18 attacks in the same tier and I would even doubt it is possible to do that against a team, which is 1-2 tiers below.

We started TheLastOfUs some weeks ago and did really great. However, with all the things like totally unbalanced maps and impossible-to-win matchmaking really annoys the whole guild. With the new system it mostly makes sense to play with 10 people. However, this comes with a need of much more coordination and more online time, which is hard for people with a job and a family.

So, please go back to the last version with only 5vs5. That was much more fair and was much more fun!
    TCBRITO
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 1,083
    @Vlad_UU please submit a ticket about this, in the case of unfair matchmaking because of tiers, we will compensate your team the winning bonus.

@Jens_KF I totally understand that unfair matchmaking can be very frustrating, which is why we're running compensations for this. While a difference of 1 participant is quite possible and considered as acceptable, in other cases we're working to improve the matchmaking so that it would be more accurate. Since this new season started, we have improved the matchmaking by a lot, with the vast majority of guilds managing even battles, or +-1 now - matchups that happened regularly in the old format .
    Overall, looking at both player feedback and our data, the new format has been positively received as it is less stressful and offers more flexibility - the main pain point has been unfair matchmaking, which we're looking to fix.

I can't say what we'll do regarding GW in the future yet, because we're still collecting feedback and data, but for now we're doing our best to polish the matchmaking.
    grzechExpSektorPriz
  • karlinokarlino Member Posts: 43
    > @grzechExp said:
    > (Quote)
    > @Vlad_UU You've been victim of what I spoke with Fluxxx about.
    > When this war started both you and la fenice were Ranked Silver III.
    > La Fenice made their roster completly and is not touching it now. So for match making scripts they are still ranked as Silver III. And as long as no one moves in the roster they will stay like it till the end of the week.
    > After winning in the first day and qualifying to the Gold I rank someone had moved in your rosters. That triggered refresh in the scripts and now you are ranged as GOLD I.
    >
    > With the rules of MM if you play againsts lover ranked team (even if it is not in reality) your team can be shorter then enemy.
    > That a huge pity for you as I guess on all the other days you will not have 10 players squad. But you will be the only Gold ranked guild.
    > So every day you will be playing against full squads in this week.
    >
    > Fortunatly Reward Points will be recompensated to you I guess.

to us the opposite is true, we gold and their silver: /. and they are 9/10 not 8/10

Top 20 Global Guild - Now Recruiting
    Please contact me on line, my ID: royksoppforever

JOIN US

AnDronchik
    karlino said:

> @grzechExp said:

> (Quote)

> @Vlad_UU You've been victim of what I spoke with Fluxxx about.

> When this war started both you and la fenice were Ranked Silver III.

> La Fenice made their roster completly and is not touching it now. So for match making scripts they are still ranked as Silver III. And as long as no one moves in the roster they will stay like it till the end of the week.

> After winning in the first day and qualifying to the Gold I rank someone had moved in your rosters. That triggered refresh in the scripts and now you are ranged as GOLD I.

>

> With the rules of MM if you play againsts lover ranked team (even if it is not in reality) your team can be shorter then enemy.

> That a huge pity for you as I guess on all the other days you will not have 10 players squad. But you will be the only Gold ranked guild.

> So every day you will be playing against full squads in this week.

>

> Fortunatly Reward Points will be recompensated to you I guess.

to us the opposite is true, we gold and their silver: /. and they are 9/10 not 8/10

@karlino Things are becoming more interesting. Could you please show all our participants? You can cut out all private and unnecessary information from screenshot if you like.
    AnDronchikStaryi
  • GalexGalex Member Posts: 37
    I can’t understand why the team can’t compensate for the attacks for the absent players, since matchmaking is so cool, if the opponent’s team has 1 player more, then the first team just need to give an additional 18 attacks, distributed either on a level or by the leader and elders. Well, yes, compensation is a sore point for you. (Where is the gas, tokens, money, I’m waiting all the time, but there’s still no answer)
    miori199373
    > @Taker said:
    > (Quote)
    > @karlino Things are becoming more interesting. Could you please show all our participants? You can cut out all private and unnecessary information from screenshot if you like.

JOIN US

TakerAnDronchik
    edited May 2020
    > @Galex said:
    > I can’t understand why the team can’t compensate for the attacks for the absent players, since matchmaking is so cool, if the opponent’s team has 1 player more, then the first team just need to give an additional 18 attacks, distributed either on a level or by the leader and elders. Well, yes, compensation is a sore point for you. (Where is the gas, tokens, money, I’m waiting all the time, but there’s still no answer)

exactly what I proposed on the Line chat, in my opinion it is a good solution

@Fluxxx

JOIN US

miori199373Galex
  • VersyseVersyse Member Posts: 40
    @Fluxxx can you please answer my previous message?
    edited May 2020
    @Fluxxx Are you kidding me?)))
    What fun is playing with unequal odds? Why do we play 8 vs 10, again and again? Because the opponent has a lower tier? But even in your store you use the currency conversion rate, so perhaps you can recount the swords for us too, leaving at least some chances, since playing on equal terms with less by 18 or 36 swords is impossible.

AnDronchikGalexmiori199373
    edited May 2020
    Well, that was what was required to prove. Having shown a good result in general, we lost just stupidly in quantity. If they took away 1 their player, we might have a chance. But against 2 - there is no chance. Why waste time and resources, drain gold and get nothing? Last time, @Fluxxx, you gave alms to 500 reward points, although with an honest matchmaking I get more. But where are our ranking victory points? Thanks for the spoiled mood, there is no desire to play further.
    And again, they had Gold tier, not Silver
    proof: before 62849
    and now 73724

[Deleted User]
  • BlinkerBlinker Member Posts: 10
    I have one question...when does the guildshop refresh? Our guild is at silver 2 and the shop ist Always at bronce 3... I thought it will be now with new war but still the same...is this a bug?
  • SteeboonSteeboon Member Posts: 681
    The guild shop will only refresh at the end of season.
    Slize
    So all guilds must be on Bronze 3 than!?? We was alredy silver in the First season and now its all from begining?
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,938
    There is no guild shop tiers during beta all rewards are available to all guilds from day 1.
    Ok...but it writes Bronze I not 3 Like I wrote before...but yea Got it now.
    Thanks.
  • paeaeaeschpaeaeaesch Member Posts: 83
    Fluxxx said:

@Vlad_UU please submit a ticket about this, in the case of unfair matchmaking because of tiers, we will compensate your team the winning bonus.

@Jens_KF I totally understand that unfair matchmaking can be very frustrating, which is why we're running compensations for this. While a difference of 1 participant is quite possible and considered as acceptable, in other cases we're working to improve the matchmaking so that it would be more accurate. Since this new season started, we have improved the matchmaking by a lot, with the vast majority of guilds managing even battles, or +-1 now - matchups that happened regularly in the old format .
    Overall, looking at both player feedback and our data, the new format has been positively received as it is less stressful and offers more flexibility - the main pain point has been unfair matchmaking, which we're looking to fix.

I can't say what we'll do regarding GW in the future yet, because we're still collecting feedback and data, but for now we're doing our best to polish the matchmaking.

I don't think any guild will have a chance with a -1 player disadvantage, if you are matched against a guild in the same tier.
    6 Players score about 5200 if they play up to difficulty 44, while 7 players can score 5500 with playing just to 41.

The guild with 6 players should get +3 attacks for every player, so the total amount of attacks is the same for both guilds.
    Jens_KFVlad_UU
  • Jens_KFJens_KF Member Posts: 53
    > @Fluxxx said:
    >
    > @Jens_KF I totally understand that unfair matchmaking can be very frustrating, which is why we're running compensations for this. While a difference of 1 participant is quite possible and considered as acceptable, in other cases we're working to improve the matchmaking so that it would be more accurate. Since this new season started, we have improved the matchmaking by a lot, with the vast majority of guilds managing even battles, or +-1 now - matchups that happened regularly in the old format .
    > Overall, looking at both player feedback and our data, the new format has been positively received as it is less stressful and offers more flexibility - the main pain point has been unfair matchmaking, which we're looking to fix.
    >
    > I can't say what we'll do regarding GW in the future yet, because we're still collecting feedback and data, but for now we're doing our best to polish the matchmaking.

@Fluxxx
    That’s exactly my point: +/-1 is not acceptable in the same tier and +/-2 is too much even with 1 Tier below. It is not possible to compensate 18 or 36 attacks in this format.

To have only 6 days for sure is good. But that’s really the only positive point, I can see on this format so far.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,181
    edited May 2020
    Removed

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,181
    edited May 2020
    Removed

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 985
    I think the scoring is still not perfect. My impression is that the team's score will not actually vary that much. Putting in that extra effort to clear maps at your max level is simply not worth it, as every loss is very costly both in victory points and gold (for healing).

For me a relatively doable max is sector 5-F (lvl 39-41) and gives 618 points, split between 368 for missions and 250 for the node. I would rarely lose a mission here. But going up to the next level (5-G, lvl 40-42) is much harder, and will probably take a lot more tools and gold for healing between missions. The reward is 384 points for missions and 265 for the node, in total 649 points, which is only 31 more points. Losing even one mission more means a net negative score. This is even more negative, if you factor in the node bonus (265/12=22 pts/mission) since losing enough missions mean you might lose out on a node bonus.

So the current scoring heavily favors doing missions that you are not going to lose. Taking a risk on max levels is simply not worth it, and that potentially negative payoff comes with the cost of expensive healing and tool purchases.

I think the current scoring was made like this to discourage stacking/doubling, but I think it went too far.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    KarajocaDrhoo3vilrineTJCart
  • DrhooDrhoo Member Posts: 131
    No battleresults from wars2??
    Even the winbonus (x1,5) not granted.
    Still same annoying bugs during battles: freezing image, restart to discover the human enemies, etc..