Matchmaking based on tier does not appropriately match teams. New design idea.

2»

Comments

• GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    edited May 26
    What you could do to try to manipulate the system is to play those players in low-level guilds for a while so that they have some vp history. The solution to that is that the system would need to only use VP info from the player while the player was in the current guild. Otherwise treat them as a new player.
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 3,999
    It would be much work to exploit it but we've seen that doesn't stop some people.

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
  • SilverhawkSilverhawk Member Posts: 751
    edited June 2
    ATLAS-Z said:

I actually like the current system. There will be uneven matches at the beginning of a new season and as the season continues the matches will become more and more competitive. This seems reasonable to me

:D

Of course you do.....When your top team eludes our top team on Day 4 and instead faces our 6th tier guild, where your bottom player scores higher than their top player...... I mean what's not to like about that kind of matchup, right?

Yeah..... Nothing to fix here, eh.....? Completely reasonable.....
    ATLAS-ZCrocodile
    Also the fact that you guys listed as Bronze Tier 1 on Day 4, seems really odd.....
    > @Silverhawk said:
    > Also the fact that you guys listed as Bronze Tier 1 on Day 4, seems really odd.....

Yeah we're Gold III.

And most of our matchups have been much closer

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    edited May 29
    Yeah that was only the second battle of Beta 3 for us vs FEARMINT

So we were probably silver 1/2?

this is live today

romeo
  • TWDaddictionTWDaddiction Member Posts: 486
    edited May 29
    > @Silverhawk said:
    > Also the fact that you guys listed as Bronze Tier 1 on Day 4, seems really odd.....

We actually did not compete until Thursday that week so we only had one battle at the time.

Still weird it showed us as a bronze 1 so I can’t explain that at all, but keep in mind we had only fought one battle at the time

Not sure since it’s the internet, but not sure what you mean by “seems odd...........” as in we are controlling that somehow?

And the system makes sense anyways. Of course there will be some really uneven matches, but by the end, it SHOULD even out on points and matchups (assuming their matchmaking works). It’s the same with outpost when it resets....same concept. You will face people way higher then you at first because everything reset and takes a little to balance back out

The only way to fix it would be not reset. But then it would end up being all the same guilds playing each other over and over
    ATLAS-ZSCBMA
    Could you imagine Outposts after reset when you were 9999...

If you walk in next round and had to fight every match vs @Spiked ?

romeoSilverhawkSCBMA
    edited May 29

But then it would end up being all the same guilds playing each other over and over

Which would at least mean fair battles then..... no? I would much rather play the same 10-20 teams over and over and have some really good battles than play elite teams and get our asses kicked or play some weaker teams and kick theirs.

It’s the same with outpost when it resets....same concept

I never play outpost. Never cared for it. And it's irrelevant. This isn't Outpost. This is Guild Wars.....
    And matchups should based on more than just tier. That's just lazy programming. There is simply no way a team like FEAR MINT should be facing a team like Zombrex Elite, ever..... Not on first day of new season or last. No excuse for that.

As for mentioning it seemed odd that you were showing Bronze Tier 1 on Day 4..... Settle down. If I was going to suggest you were controlling that, then I would have said so outright. I wouldn't waste time with insinuation. It was merely an acknowledgement to further point out that Guild Wars and its matchup system is flawed.
    ATLAS-ZSCBMA
    edited May 29
    @Silverhawk you're wrong.

Chug down that pill.

I could waste 30 minutes of my time with a lengthy description of why you're wrong but I just don't feel like it and you won't listen anyway.

So let's just both agree that you're wrong. Have a nice day! :smile:

SilverhawkSCBMA
    @ATLAS-Z I too could counter argue most points you have to make but that too would be a waste of energy because you never see reason if it conflicts your own opinion, no matter how much sense it makes. You're entitled to your opinions, as I am to mine. Suck down your own pill, fella.
    ATLAS-Z
  • rogueDSrogueDS Member Posts: 573
    I like versing hard teams and would hate to go against the same teams over and over again. Hope to vs a higher guild tomorrow we have 7 players tomorrow. I want that 700+ now. Lol. Competition is good even if a harder guild. They maybe should add a platinum tier. @Fluxxx is not to hard to reach gold 3 and still not be anywhere close to top 40 in gw game wide
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    If they insist on continuing to match by guild tier, at the very least they should add a ton of tiers. That would help match up guild vs guild much better than current system. I’m thinking something like Bronze 1-5, Silver 1-7, Gold 1-10, Master 1-3.