Five biggest problems in current GW format

KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 370
I do like GW. When they are introduced back in game, with equal attacks for everyone, even field where everyone can compete - awesome. There were mistakes, and complaints, and now we see different format with changes, tried to make things even better. I appreciate that, and there was success in some aspects (larger map on top of all) but i won't speak about good stuff here, but the wrong ones who are destroying the mode, and frustrates people to the point that they don't want to play anymore.

1. Allowing guilds to go into battle with 3-10 people and choose days when want to play, choose not to play every day is great. But implemented very wrong. +/-1 I don't know who's idea was to add +/- 1 differences in teams when making matches, but that person must have never really tried to play this game, or get into it at all. Maybe this critics sounds harsh, but it's the fact that is done lazy.
Simple solution from my point of view is - Letting guilds select "battle formation" for their guild, or just simply lock the teams when they reach 6,8 or 10 participants

Why ? This way you can choose to play with 10players x 4 days, 8x5 , or 4x6 + 2x8. If some guilds don't fallow that and go with 5,7 or 9 players, then it's their mistake, bad organization and they match-up against larger number of players. But for organized ones there is plenty of room to choose "tactics" and how many days they want to play, and to always get to play against SAME NUMBER of players in enemy team because only that way is right way (if no possible matchmaking in same tier just going tier lower should be enough)
Allowing minimum of 3 still should be there of course, because of low-end guilds.
AlexKomFirekidRWSmaku11TroublemakerVlad_UUPigBenisSilverhawk

Comments

• KarajocaKarajoca Member Posts: 370
    5. Reward Points
    Last but most important thing in my post. I can't stress enough how important is to remove that multiplier for reward points for win. It will incredibly lowers the stress and frustration caused by loss of battle. Who care for win and leaderboard - they can still push hard and compete, there are victory points, winning the battle, prestige, satisfaction... is enough reward for people who care for that. All others... casual guilds who just want to be involved, play the game on their own way, don't make them not-needed problems, and demotivate with potential losing streaks . At least - they should get their rewards for participating and playing.
    TCBRITOAlexKomShadowWalkerFirekidGrendelRWSATLAS-ZBurmeliinisHomiePigBenispsychwolf
  • TCBRITOTCBRITO Member Posts: 419
    In another topic, which suggested the removal of the points multiplier for victory, I will agree with the opinion of @grzechExp , he said:
    "You will simply go your ways as there is nothing to loose or gain. Just a virtual match.
    1.5 is simply to big.
    Maybe 1.2 or even 1.1 would just give you a small competition bump so it would be worth figting for and would not drastically change the picture on the score sheet."

I think the winning team should have some benefit, yes, over the defeated team, otherwise there would be no difference between losing and winning, just just score your points and move on.

On the same topic where removing the multiplier point of victory was suggested, you reacted with laughter and now it seems that you have changed your mind, was there a specific reason?
    PasteTroublemaker
    On Item 2, you yourself recognize that it is very difficult to organize, and because your guild is unable to do it and your players send you to hell, then you suggest that NG prevent other guilds that perform this difficult task with a lot of dedication and organization , simply because your guild fails? Interesting ... Impossible to agree with that.
    KarajocaFirekidTroublemakerVlad_UUQ20
    @TCBRITO Bro, you can find my posts in other threads about this thing before you disagree. I respect everyone who is doing it because i know how hard it is and because my guild maybe MASTER this thing among the first, if you want to know. Yes, we can do it. But no we don't want to do it. Because IT IS NOT how game is supposed to work, like it or not.
    They said they will fix it but they mis-calculated again.You are probably just a loyal soldier in your guild who do what is asked, but put yourself into leader position or whoever organize your war plan. Go ahead and ask them if they would like to save themselves from all this trouble. Every week, 4 days per week, coordinating 10 people, all would be waaaay more easier if there is no need for jumps.
    TCBRITOVlad_UUPigBenisFuriousMoldovan
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,208
    Karajoca said:

4. Leaderboards & Victory Points - Since some guilds going into battle with less players this allows them to score more VPs in total. If you are involved in battle all 6 days and win all, with this system you will definitely score more then guild who won all 4 battles playing with 10. People might not realize this for now only because matchmaking 7 vs 6 made many guilds who tried this lose some matches, but as soon as they have perfect week you will see remarkable improvement on Table. This guilds avoid top guilds who play their battle with 10 and are rewarded for that and can outscore them which is completely wrong and messed-up .
    Not to mention that losing battle 10vs10 is loss of 4-5000 VPs because of no multiplier, while losing 5vs5 is loss of ~2000.

You are putting apples and oranges together ... if you want to allow guilds to enter with less then 10 players, and have everyone on same leaderboard, all must be calculated correctly, not favorizing anyone. VP reward when playing with less people (or win multiplier) must be smaller, not the same as playing with 10 !

Do you have numbers to support your statement that that smaller teams win more points over the course of the week? Not disputing but what I have seen seems to indicate it is a wash.
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

BurmeliinisGradyPastePigBenis
  • chevchelliouschevchellious Member Posts: 23
    TCBRITO said:

On Item 2, you yourself recognize that it is very difficult to organize, and because your guild is unable to do it and your players send you to hell, then you suggest that NG prevent other guilds that perform this difficult task with a lot of dedication and organization , simply because your guild fails? Interesting ... Impossible to agree with that.

NG even made it easier to put the type of mission before starting. No need to keep looking
    TCBRITOTroublemakerVlad_UU
    edited May 2020
    @Karajoca I understand what you mean, maybe in your guild you don't have as many "loyal soldiers" as there are in my guild, so I understand your difficulty, especially when your soldiers would send you to hell ...

I find all this shouting interesting after a defeat, because while you were winning, there was no manifestation about it ...

Anyway, I'm fine with any decision that NG comes to make, I don't care about the GW format, because in the end, the top 5 guilds will continue to be the Top 5 in the ranking, that won't change.

Winning or losing is part of the game, it is normal to happen, we won the Red Machine and soon after they had the rematch. So, don't be angry, we will surely face each other again on the battlefield and you will have the chance to get your rematch. LOL
    Nova_TWDATLAS-ZTroublemaker
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 3,076
    I agree on 3 of the 5 points. Tools should be limited but not too much. You shouldn’t be able to buy them in map but should be able to buy one in the trade shop refresh if you have 0. This will make people much more conservative when they use them.

Reward points should be multiplied when winning. The amount you can get now even without winning is plenty that you shouldn’t feel to disheartened by losing but is a great bonus and a reason to push. I personally don’t care about the leaderboard so if we aren’t going to get more rp for winning I just wouldn’t bother.

As for the stacking of KAW’s. I think it’s bullshit. Just because your team isn’t good enough to finish off the hardest sectors so need to stack on KAW’s to boost your score doesn’t sit right with me. Can’t wait to see what happens if they stop this.
    ShadowWalkerKarajocaVlad_UUQ20
  • ShadowWalkerShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,058
    > @Karajoca said:
    > 5. Reward Points
    > Last but most important thing in my post. I can't stress enough how important is to remove that multiplier for reward points for win. It will incredibly lowers the stress and frustration caused by loss of battle. Who care for win and leaderboard - they can still push hard and compete, there are victory points, winning the battle, prestige, satisfaction... is enough reward for people who care for that. All others... casual guilds who just want to be involved, play the game on their own way, don't make them not-needed problems, and demotivate with potential losing streaks . At least - they should get their rewards for participating and playing.

I am sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Remove the multiplier for Reward Points and I have no real incentive for beating the other team, I'll just play what I can beat and collect my rewards.

Maybe for bragging rights? I guess if you really care about that, but I am more interested in getting my goodies! Maybe if guilds had a trophy room, where you can see what place you came in each War (and for the Challenge too) then I might care enough. However, honestly I can't recall what place my guild was in last War or which guild won it all.

I wouldn't mind the multiplier getting eliminated for Victory Points though, it would create a more accurate leaderboard.
    KarajocaTCBRITO
    Nevermind. I am done arguing or getting provoked on this forums. All what i posted is my point of view and has nothing to do with our last match, win or lose, wouldn't change my opinion @TCBRITO . It's sad you think of me that way. You won your match fair and well deserved, i congratulated and looking forward to re-match

And yes, you obviously don't care and that is the problem. When you realize what i am talking about you won't see top 5 guilds in top 5. We will slaughter ourselves in 10vs10 matches, and fall down lot more if VP stay like this. You will play with same 3-4 guilds until end of season, sometimes win, sometimes lose, while some other guilds will climb up, while we never have a chance to play them, because they enter with 6-7 players.

@Billbam i don't have numbers but it's easy to see. Just take a look at some battles where 6 or 7 are involved. They should be able to score few thousands more VP(If all are wins) But even if not - when they lose, they still have around 5000 instead of 7500, so only 2500 lost.
    Teams who play with 10, and lose, it's like they lost two matches. That + the fact that they never can play together even if in same rank is what i think is very wrong
    ShadowWalkerTroublemakerPigBenispsychwolfFuriousMoldovan
  • Nova_TWDNova_TWD Member Posts: 47
    > @Troublemaker said:
    > I hate Guild Wars.
    >
    > This game mode shouldn't exist.
    >
    > It does nothing but stress everyone out. The recently p2w factor added with the (s)toolbag just put lots of players out of the equation too.
    >
    > I wouldn't even argue on "fixes" or anything, as the way this mode was designed simply can't be fixed. NG invested a lot though and wants to make it happen by tweaking tweaking tweaking. It will not work, ever, if done the way it currently is. Sorry to say that like this. Players are engaged in one week, but broken and burned out the next, frustrated and considering quitting the game.
    >
    > Rethink this from scratch before it gets worse.

a solution could be that one week is GW week and the next is challenge week. im sure most of us are playing the challenge half a sleep/with the autopilot engaged. it's always the same anyways😫.
    PigBenis
  • BillbamBillbam Member Posts: 1,208
    Dump the distance or at least their tie to the season events!
    15 Guilds cover all skill levels & game motivations
    Entry level Boot Camp & Badge System 101 Chat
    Our top 3 Global Guilds form a team of 60 Top 20 in Elite Mid 20 in Recon and Bottom 20 in Hellcats
    Private Message Billbam or Red111 to reserve your spot!

• MoreCowBellMoreCowBell Member Posts: 20
    @Troublemaker is usually always wrong. But today's the day. Blind Squirrel finally found a nut. He's spot on. GW is broken. No fixing once you add pay to win
    TroublemakerATLAS-ZRohlikzauchem
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,470
    > @MoreCowBell said:
    > @Troublemaker is usually always wrong. But today's the day. Blind Squirrel finally found a nut. He's spot on. GW is broken. No fixing once you add pay to win

"usually always" bwahahahaha
    MoreCowBellATLAS-Z
  • GrendelGrendel Member Posts: 305
    Kill the tools and set it in an alternate reality like Distance with no healing. Also like Distance, save mission progress so you don’t have to start over when you retry a mission.
    Vlad_UU
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,928
    In the weekly Challenges, I long ago accepted I'm not gonna top any leaderboards. It takes skill, yes yes, I know I know, but skill alone isn't enough... It's pay to win. Always has been.

Guild wars (Beta) was refreshing, because you're limited attacks, so no paying to keep trying over and over... Yeah sure the best players had to Shell out a bit of gold at the end of a war to heal, but that was 100-200 maybe?

Now, with Tools... The GWs Butchers Bill has gone up exponentially.

Pay To Win.

It can't last. It won't last.

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    Grendelmaku11KarajocaRohlikzauchem
  • ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 5,928
    I want to add @Fluxxx that I love love love the idea of tools and the joy and variety of strategy these and future tools can add to the game...

BUT...

these tools aren't even pay to win, they're PAY TO PLAY... which steals away 99.999999% of the fun I mentioned above

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / (OG) / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM
    maku11Rohlikzauchem
  • MoreCowBellMoreCowBell Member Posts: 20
    edited May 2020
    The answer is really easy. There should be a hard mode for the leader board players and kiddie mode for the rest . Everyone would be happy.

We have a hard mode for Distance. Why not a hard mode for GW with no tools. People would spend more on healing instead of being mad that strategy is gone.
    Vlad_UU
    edited May 2020
    @Karajoca I have no intention of discussing or provoking anyone here on the forum, I understand and agree with some items commented by you. But I disagree with the 2 items I mentioned (Remove the points multiplier for victory and prevent stacking of KAW missions). I don't think this GW format is ideal, I think GW is very bad, but these two changes suggested by you would not improve anything.

I agree 100% with what @Billbam said:
    "IMO having the ability to KAZ missions just adds a deeper level of strategy to the game. Just moving section to section becomes dull, being able to strategize at the end to maximize points is really the fun aspect of the game."
    Troublemaker
    Hey @TCBRITO It's totally ok to disagree, this are my point of views, and i brought it here to discuss, i just don't like you are mentioning our battle, it has nothing to do with all this. All this i have posted here i already send to fluxxx in 1st week of GW, just wanted to wait a little more time to pass to discuss in public.

Jumping is kind of a bug that wasn't supposed to happen, all top guilds used it extremely last season, and you well know all the threads about it here. It was claimed that it will be still available in game, but "prevented" with increasing sector completion points.
    1st day of new season i already saw its not prevented, and that still lvl43 missions and above are good to "jump" on. It was less used in 1st week, but now in tiers we play, where every point matters in our 10vs10 matches it came to a point that you must organize almost whole team to save few attacks and use it in late night/early morning for this... otherwise you lose.

And while you think this adds to strategical aspect of game, i think it just adds to more stress in already very stressful mode.

I totally agree with @Troublemaker here, we can discuss how much we want it's unlikely we'll get everyone ever happy with this mode. Fix one thing - other problem occurs.

Tomorrow is already new battle and i am so burned out that, can't even think about it...
    Stay safe everyone ✌️
    maku11SCBMApsychwolf
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,083
    A bit late to this thread, but I respectfully disagree with a lot of the OP*s points.

Firstly, stacking/doubling is not at all very useful anymore. Doing map 5-G gives 649 points for 12 swords, so 54 per mission. You get 36-45 points for doubling missions, so clearly less. Even if you used 12 swords to clear 3-E (very moderate at lvl 36-38), which gives 506 points, average 42 points, you would need to double up on missions of level 44 and higher to get more points.

So it only makes sens to double the overflow swords when you can't clear any more sectors. So maximum 11 missions, and in average probably 4-8 missions. Since you now know the missions beforehand, it's often the case that there easily will be 5+ Kill all missions available on those uncleared very hard maps. So there isn't even a need for doubling, everybody with a spare sword just picks one of the available Kill all missions.

Secondly, I did the math earlier, and the total Victory Points will be very similar if you play 4x10 or 6x7/6x8. There is no difference. However, you do gain more reward points by playing with 10 players.

Agree that teams should always be matched against teams with the same amount of players. A difference of one player makes a huge difference already at 10 vs 9 and the effect is even bigger on smaller teams. Having different amounts of players should be a very rare exception.

Finally, there absolutely should be a reward for winning, why otherwise even try?
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    ATLAS-ZTCBRITOVlad_UUTJCart
    @Burmeliinis makes sense what you say but only because you consider full "left route" with 3F and 3E included.
    We are here completing 5H,6F,6G(or at least 2 of them)
    Fails happen, because you went to more risky sectors and you end up with lets say 30 attacks(36 are needed to go up to 3F)

Without 3F, when you complete only 1-D,2-E you get only 38 points per attack on those two, so doing 30 "jumps" even on lvl 43 brings 4 points more per map (that's 120 pts more)

And in reality is even bigger difference because there is mostly at least 1 lvl 45, 46 to jump on.

You need to be involved in that kind of match to see... i know it's harder to understand from a side,you wonder why would someone do such a hard work for only a few points more and even consider going into same map with almost whole team of 10... but every points matter here
    maku11Vlad_UUpsychwolf