Auto Scrap Warning

DramaDrama Member Posts: 39
edited March 2016 in Suggestions & Ideas
It would be nice if the players were provided a warning that their equips were approaching the 140 limit, or even giving a total count on stuff they have accumulated. Instead we log on to a message that their best equips may have and probably were scrapped. Either give us a count of what we have, give us the a warning when we approach the limit, or even give us the final say to cull the items to be scrapped... please
[Deleted User]SgtSalamiagentwalker1NewModelNo15

Comments

• DramaDrama Member Posts: 39
    @Lance
    I'm Way too fucked up to read or understand th legal mumbo jumbo so please just break it down for us the vodka challenged
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    SURE

Support my suggestion thread, we will live in a better world.
  • @Drama excellent idea/suggestion. It would certainly help to have an equipment count and a warning before scrapping any of our weapons/armours.

I got the message twice in the last 24hrs and have no idea what I lost.

Tammy (WeekOne)
    Email/GroupMe: [email protected]
    #1 in Canada today and leader/recruiter of CONQUER / THE UNINFECTED / ALEXANDRIANS

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured."
    -Mark Twain

Need a guild or want to chat? Send me a private message @WeekOne or contact me via email: [email protected]

• DaleDale Member Posts: 1,122
    Wait . . . if you have over 140 items, something randomly gets scrapped?
  • blkjack0oblkjack0o Member Posts: 192
    Yea, and there isn't a way to know what
  • DreadDread Member Posts: 450
    Ive had this happen a few times, lucky i never lost anything of value.
    Since then i am sure to keep my inventory under control to help ensure i don't hit that 140 mark.

They really need an XXX/140 counter in the inventory.
    As I witness the death of innocence... A predator feeding on its creation.
    Through the fallout of this hallucination, I walked into darkness.
    I must not surrender my god to anyone, or this body will become carrion.
    One step closer to my fate. One step closer to my grave.
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
    and give us 200 item slots
  • jim_jamesjim_james Member Posts: 62
    edited February 2016
    I had this happen to me in real life. When i was younger and living at home, my mom would randomly throw away clothing of mine that she felt looked too worn.

As an adult, now my wife throws away random clothing of mine she feels is too worn and sloppy

In both situations, it would always be random... Would never know which article of clothing went missing

Fun times

+1 to the op's thread, stop tossing shit away randomly...no one likes it
    AhexNewModelNo15
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 546
    Yes, i think we should have an running inventory count clearly marked for us so we can know when we absolutely must toss things or else lose the items/xps for scrapping things. I have lost things a couple of times in the past. Having an inventory that is based on the number of survivors we have would be good as well. If you have more, you can stockpile more equipment for them.
    Lance said:

and give us 200 item slots

+1 to this as well, 140 just doesn't cut it any more when you have 18+ survivors in your lineup.
  • Should be able to have 3 weapons and two armors per survivor ive had this happen too but idk what i lost
    i8azmbe said:

Should be able to have 3 weapons and two armors per survivor ive had this happen too but idk what i lost

not nearly enough. if you had 20 survivors that would only be 100 items. we are currently allowed 140 and its super slim pickings as it is...
    you are suggesting they LOWER the limit? lol

honestly, they just need to raise the limit to 200 like suggested, or perhaps 10*(survivor total)
  • I think it should be 5 weapon slots and 5 armor for each survivor slot a player either does have filled or can fill. Otherwise keeping the limit at 140 for everything is kinda like a punishment for getting extra survivor slots really.
    SgtSalami
  • SgtSalamiSgtSalami Member Posts: 546
    That seems like a good amount @DarkFae
    [Deleted User]
  • misfit44misfit44 Member Posts: 484
    I completely agree that they should have more inv space or turn the inv button red when youre close to full , but my question is why would anyone need that many items? I save some old items and i save items i might eventually use but im not even close to having 140 items. Post script: i only have 14 survivors at the moment so if i got up to 20 survivors maybe id be closer to full , but i just dont see it.
  • @SgtSalami

Thanks!

Maybe also if NG isn't keen on the idea of putting a counter on the workshop maybe @Teeceezy and the rest of the Dev team could consider putting an indicator much like the health indicators we see during game play on it. Like the battery indicators we all see on our phones/tabs. :)
  • OldGothOldGoth Staff Posts: 297
    Yeah. We're aware it's far from ideal. This is one of those "I can't believe this is such a hard problem", but it is.

The way the scrapping works is it looks for your lowest rarity, lowest level, unupgraded, unequipped gear. In the vast majority of cases all of your actually good stuff should be safe.
  • GonkistanGonkistan Member Posts: 166
    @OldGoth - a lot of users don't realise you don't lose the gear your Survivor is wielding when you retire them. So "keep bad shit for when you evict Survivors" is a common "tactic"... I don't know what you should change to clear that up.

But it would make players more ready to drop the lvl2 screwdriver a bit earlier.
  • dedLanadedLana Member Posts: 40
    It can't be that hard to write ''retire surivivor? yes/no btw you'll keep the shit he owns''

• xxMichaelxxxxMichaelxx Member Posts: 102
    Um....
    Then what is the little counter on my screen next to the weapons for then?

It clearly shows how many items I have, I just mentaly add what my survivors are carrying..

SgtSalami
  • DCNatsDCNats Member Posts: 219
    The number shows which items are eligible for upgrading. It may be that in your case, everything is eligible but that won't stay true for long.
    SgtSalami
  • xxMichaelxxxxMichaelxx Member Posts: 102
    Ohhhhh......

ok.

• PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    Items are auto-scrapped when exceeding 140, and some newer players may get burned. For some reason I thought I received a warning before this happened to me the first time, something along the lines of "Clean your room, don't make me do it" ;) and given a chance. Since it is difficult to see how much we have at any given time by going through the screens, maybe a pop-up when at 130 or 135, or a number on screen somewhere, camp or otherwise. Not high priority of course.
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    I think the more ppl we have the more room we should have for weapons... That's how it should work...
    LadyAquila
  • Hittenyouoff2Hittenyouoff2 Member Posts: 226
    Otherwise stop giving out so many spots for ppl to have I think cuz then u start with crap and if u have all great gear unless u can update them u lose 2 great items
  • PerdtinPerdtin Member Posts: 783
    To some degree, but eventually there are just too many weapons and most will never be upgraded. Right now I fairly high up with equipment that will take forever to upgrade. I usually run the same group out for every mission (shooter, hunter , assault) and swap equipment on the rare chance there is an injury. I think the max number of slots right now is 27. So if each survivor had their own set of gear, that is 54 spots. Each class (Warrior/Hunter/Scout/Assault/Shooter/Bruiser) has Armor and Equipment, and I like having a low level item to make sure I do not get cornered in to not being able to swap out. So call that 12 spots or even 24 spots to make sure you are flexible. That brings it up to 78. So there is still another 62 spots available to have weapons with different traits, ones you need to upgrade, etc.

To me the only time there is an issue is when I am using this to bank XP during quick gas refill where I ran up full XPs, had equipment and survivors upgrading so no room. In lieu of scrapping immediately, would hold on and scrap when XP was not topped off. I also hold onto equipment because sometimes I am slow in deciding things :)

• But if we're allowed 300 pieces of gear how does that hurt. Doesn't hurt NG, Only helps me. I'm not playing a math game where I have to always get the sum total correct or risk catching walker disease. Let me have my gear or allow it to be traded/sold
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face"
    Mike Tyson
  • I may not use it but I want to keep it.
    Mike Tyson
  • I may not use it but I want to keep it.
    Mike Tyson