@Novell
    What @m4s said.

@m4s
    The 5 actually becomes 6%
    Set bonus counts for bonus too
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    edited July 2020
    Novell said:
    Correct me, but the 20% set bonus is already included, isn't it? That's why slot 5 shows 26% DR. When u fit the 4th bagde from the same set, all get instandly the set bonus.
    I also calculate 77% DR from Eugene @WellyLuga
    Another question: How you get the DR Badge with Retaliate trait bonus? Can't find it in the 6x DR cycle. Only hero and class bonus listed.
    You can't. You need to jump to some of the other cycles. Easiest is the badge in H06.

Actually the 6 DR cycle (also known as the B cycle) is not that good for unicorn badges. Only the CD badge in B01 and the Dmg badge in B20 have unicorn bonuses. For perfect DR and Health badges you need to jump to other cycles.

EDIT. well actually you can, by using a effect change recipe when there is a suitable bonus and hope to get DR. But that requires a shitload of luck.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    cyclon98ghost_pepper
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    Question : why is luck preferred over iron skin on Eugene , RGG & Morgan ?  
  • jimmorrison369jimmorrison369 Member Posts: 2,065
    Luck helps dodge and long stun odds.

Also some leadertraits
    PasteGovernator
  • NovellNovell Member Posts: 299
    edited July 2020
    m4s said:
    Always calculate DR without bonus point(with original base value):
    26 -> 23%
    23 -> 20%
    23- > 20%
    63% x 20% = 75,6 + 5(green dot DR Badges)

NOTE:
    67 point original base value, with 20% bonus = 80,4
    Simplifying, we need BADGES  with original Base Value:  22 and 22 and 23 
    Nice to know! That means the bagde value will summed up (without set bonus) and then you multiply it with 1,2 (set bonus)?
    I thought the set bonus will apply to every single badge and then the single values will summed up.
    Proud member of WEIRDnDEADLY
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,051
    edited July 2020
    Novell said:
    Badge set adds 20% to stats of badges.
    67% X 1.2 = 80.4%

Correct me, but the 20% set bonus is already included, isn't it? That's why slot 5 shows 26% DR. When u fit the 4th bagde from the same set, all get instandly the set bonus.
    I also calculate 77% DR from Eugene @WellyLuga
    Another question: How you get the DR Badge with Retaliate trait bonus? Can't find it in the 6x DR cycle. Only hero and class bonus listed.
    There are two badges in the 6 DR cycle with either a retaliate, dodge or bullet dodge bonus.  One is health flat and the other is CC. If you craft using a 2:1:1 recipe it often changes to a different type of badge but doesn't mess with what cycle you are on.  So 2 edibles, 1 metal and 1 chemical for instance.  Whenever these badges roll around I use an all epic craft for them, more often than not it ends up being an epic badge, sometimes it is a bullet dodge bonus, others it doesn't change or does and it's something that you don't want. 

However, if you are lucky you might get a legendary badge and it's health/DR like I got.  If it's a retaliate or a dodge bonus then it ends up being a perfect badge for a bruiser. At least that's how I think I got them, I have had them that long that it's tough to remember.  The other thing is when you swap between cycles there is 10 badges where you get totally random results before it settles onto the other cycle.  I've bounced between the two a few times.
    ghost_pepper
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,012
    WellyLuga said:

However, if you are lucky you might get a legendary badge and it's health/DR like I got.  If it's a retaliate or a dodge bonus then it ends up being a perfect badge for a bruiser. At least that's how I think I got them, I have had them that long that it's tough to remember.  The other thing is when you swap between cycles there is 10 badges where you get totally random results before it settles onto the other cycle.  I've bounced between the two a few times.
    This is not entirely correct. There are no "totally random" results while crafting. You can swap between cycles, but no matter which cycle you are in the effect of the badge is predetermined. By smartly switching between the cycles you can pick up the best badges of each cycle.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Pasteghost_pepper
  • avelardezavelardez Member Posts: 1,323
    This is mine. 
    BurmeliinisPasteShadowWalker
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 842
    edited July 2020
    Loving this thread BIG TIME! I'm a newer player and this is the first area I've been able to "catch up" in. 

Iron Skin on a bruiser is completely and totally useless. It is beyond redundant. The trait is sitting taxidermied on a shelf next to the dodo bird. I've postulated every possible scenario and the numbers support none of them. Maybe it takes a new guy with a fresh take to say it so it really sinks in but if this is how you do your bruising because it's always worked up untill now... You. Are. Behind. I'll explain why.

Now that there is zero mystery on the surface of badging and we will always know EXACTLY what comes next, players can jump around the visible portions of the charted badge map and get unicorn badges with astonishing frequency. Personally, i am dismissive of all hero bonus badges. They so rarely land on double heros like maggie, glenn or rick which would increase their chances of triggering a bit more. If it's a hero bonus, it's a turd spot on the map and i will never touch it with anything more than grey commons, or the brown of uncommons because that's the color of a turd. Brown. And if it isn't gray or brown then you probably have more than an Iron Skin problem. Probably you have an Iron Bowl problem. Enough toilet humor.

H06. E17. C24. D32.

You only need 2 unicorns with always functioning bonuses and then any old third dr badge will usually do. There is a 2/3 chance you get a usable bonus trait. Then there is a 63% chance the numbers will be good or very good. Keep throwing gold badges at this and pretty soon Iron Skin is totally gone from everyone.

But you don't stop there. You do this same thing for health badges that always trigger more health. Damage badges that always do more damage. Critical damage that always does more critical damage. And then you're truly maxed out. So this is not a roast of Iron Skin but really just appathetic or ignorant crafting which is no longer good enough to be "best".

And if you're not actively doing this, then in 6 months to a year i look forward to playing you in guild wars.
    WellyLuga said:

This is not entirely correct. There are no "totally random" results while crafting. You can swap between cycles, but no matter which cycle you are in the effect of the badge is predetermined. By smartly switching between the cycles you can pick up the best badges of each cycle.
    Fair enough, I thought that the badges in between the cycles had no sequence. I've only done it a couple times and hadn't noticed any similar badges popping up. Swapping between the cycles is a little annoying so I've mostly stuck on the 6 DR cycle and occasionally jumped onto the other as there are some nice damage/crit damage badges with hunter/bruiser type bonuses. 

If you use a 2:1:1 recipe whilst crafting on your usual cycle I've found that you often get random results. The health flat/CC badges I mentioned are good examples, it is usually a different type of badge each time you get round to them.
  • ghost_pepperghost_pepper Member Posts: 842
    WellyLuga said:
    WellyLuga said:

However, if you are lucky you might get a legendary badge and it's health/DR like I got.  If it's a retaliate or a dodge bonus then it ends up being a perfect badge for a bruiser. At least that's how I think I got them, I have had them that long that it's tough to remember...
    There are no "totally random" results while crafting.
    If you use a 2:1:1 recipe whilst crafting on your usual cycle I've found that you often get random results. The health flat/CC badges I mentioned are good examples, it is usually a different type of badge each time you get round to them.
    Well actually no. 

1 of 3 things happens when you craft a badge.

First, you can use a 1-8 recipe and alter the badge type while keeping the bonus fixed. (This is what you are referring to with your mention of 2:1:1). 

Second, you can use a recipe from 9 group and keep both the badge type fixed and the bonus fixed. This is what crafting ABCD or metal-edible-chem-cloth or 1:1:1:1 does and some certain other recipes too.

Third, you can use a recipe from groups 10-13 and keep the badge type fixed but alter the bonus type. Sometimes this creates a jump, sometimes not. Seperate issue. 

Every badge is predetermined before you craft it. There is nothing random about where we are located or the next badge. It is preordained but we know how to read the tea leaves. We know how to move purposefully through multiple monopoly boards laid over top of each other which always connect each spot to two different possible future spots.

You can always always always use gold components on the same spot on the badging map to get a Damage Reduction% badge with a bonus of Dodge, Retaliate, Bullet Dodge amd know ahead of time if it is odd or even in it's orientation. These dr% badges with unicorn bonus do not exist on the A and B pathways (formerly known as 1dr and 6dr). The same perfect unicorn health% badge with bonus Dodge, Retaliate, Bullet Dodge also does not exist on the A and B pathways. If you want them, you must jump for them.

Yes, it is possible to use a recipe 1-8 badge to alter the existing badge type on a predetermined craft spot while retain the fixed bonus of Dodge, Retaliate, and Bullet Dodge. This can be done on the A and B pathways. However the chances of flipping the badge type to the desired effect which pairs with the fixed bonus is so small as to not warrant the use of gold components when a fixed badge type fixed bonus type exists elsewhere on the map. In these spots, i always use green because yes there is a teeny tiny lottery chance of landing a premium badge. But i would never advise this openly on a forum when the advise would fall somewhere between bad advice and mathematically absurd. It would be misunderstood and feed the misinformation existing currently obscuring the critical aspect of moving confidently through a fully discovered badging system.

The only thing random about any of this is if the badge ends up Dodge, Retaliate, or Bullet Dodge. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

B03 and b04 and b05 jump to h04 and h05 and h06. H06 is a DR% DRB badge. You craft THAT with gold recipe 9. D23 is a DR% DRB badge right off of A. You craft THAT with gold recipe 9. Some of these premium badges are litterally "right next to" where most players badge. 

There are unicorns hiding in the bushes over there. What are you going to do?
    Grady
    edited July 2020
    TL:DR.

I'm not saying badges are random, I know that they are pre-determined but if you use the 2:1:1 recipe on certain badges it will change the type of badge and from experience it isn't always the same. I don't think there is a repeating sequence for using a 2:1:1 recipe like there is for using one of each component. 

I recently crafted the below badge from using the 2:1:1 recipe. There is a a flat damage badge with either a lucky, marksman or sureshot bonus and I tried my luck. Next time that badge rolls around I'm betting that it won't be DR/lucky again. It is likely to be a different type but you don't have to jump between the sequences to get them.

Paste
  • Danski_46Danski_46 Member Posts: 1,096
    What is the 2:1:1 recipe and where do you use it? 
  • ReeconnReeconn Member Posts: 540
    This crafting malarkey is a minefield 
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 798
    edited July 2020
    Recipes with 4 of the same ingredients (ex 4 metal) or 2 of one and 1 each of of 2 others (ex Metal, Metal, Edible, Cloth) rerolls the main badge effect to something at least seemingly random while keeping the bonus effect and badge slot (Odd or even).

Example usage:
    1. Change flat damage, flat critical damage because you don't want those
    2. Change the badge effect because it doesn't match the bonus condition (ex: IPR bonus with Health or DR, or DRB bonus with damage or critical damage).
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Paste said:
    Recipes with 4 of the same ingredients (ex 4 metal) or 2 of one and 1 each of of 2 others (ex Metal, Metal, Edible, Cloth) rerolls the main badge effect to something at least seemingly random while keeping the bonus effect and badge slot (Odd or even).

Example usage:
    1. Change flat damage, flat critical damage because you don't want those
    2. Change the badge effect because it doesn't match the bonus condition (ex: IPR bonus with Health or DR, or DRB bonus with damage or critical damage).
    Danski_46 said:
    What is the 2:1:1 recipe and where do you use it? 
    This. Generally I just use 2 of the one I have most of, I don't think it really matters which one you use two of and which you use one of. I use it on the badges where the bonuses could be good but the main badge type is not. It relies on luck but generally I would normally be skipping these badges to get to the good ones I'm looking for. 
    Paste