Update mess

BoudiccaBoudicca Member Posts: 4
I noticed that my survivors have definitely been able to take fewer hits and do less damage since the last update. The support's explanation that the change is due to the changed display of health points does not apply. Since the update, the traits of some heroes (e.g. Sasha) have also no longer worked as before. I am very disappointed with this development and would like to know when these problems will be resolved. I hope that these problems will be solved by the next update, otherwise I can no longer continue this way. I spend a lot of time playing this game. Why should I continue playing when I can no longer count on my survivors' health, strength, the ability to charge and so on?
cotodosoFirekidpsychwolfm4sRiotZappa

Comments

• BoudiccaBoudicca Member Posts: 4
  • dumbodumbo Member Posts: 23
    Ich kann der Dame da nur zustimmen. Meine Schläger halten seit dem Update viel weniger aus, Sasha und Späher-Rick haben nicht mehr die Power wie vorher . 
    Was mich ärgert , Mensch investiert Geld 💰und bekommt dann über Nacht Änderungen die nicht wirklich fair sind . Schade eigentlich.....Hoffe es wird wieder angeglichen. 
    BoudiccacotodosoSuperhero
  • dumbodumbo Member Posts: 23
  • cotodosocotodoso Member Posts: 6
    @FluxxxI feel that too, already in the challenge last week I noticed that the bruisers are not nearly as good as before the update. I can also see a significant weakening in terms of the power of Sasha and Rick. In addition, Sasha's leader trait no longer pulls as it did before the update.
    BoudiccaSuperheropsychwolfRiotZappa
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,401
    Lol! Took longer than usual for one of these posts. Last time it was assaults doing less damage, this time rick and Sasha. 
    As for bruisers my RGG has been an absolute machine this week, he has been taking hits like a eugune so far. 
    My rick went on a bodyshot run earlier today but was back on form for guild wars where it counts. 
    You say that your rick and sasha are doing less damage, have you got the screenshots of this? What numbers were you getting before, what are you getting, I’m sure if you shared a screenshot of your rick and his badges someone will be able to tell you roughly what he should be getting then you can check in game. 
    Anyway, yeah, I doubt that NG will have touched anything to do with rick and Sasha leader traits, their damage or anything. 
    (I might be wrong and if I am I’ll do a forfeit) 

• SuperheroSuperhero Member Posts: 113
    I read this in my guild chat and in several Facebook postings too. Must be kind of a mass hallucination if there was no change.
    psychwolfRiotZappa
    Only needs a few people to mention it and others jump on board. Literally get the same complaints every update.
    PasteATLAS-ZpsychwolfRiotZappatjhookrJasonZ
  • DaiikoDaiiko Member Posts: 79
    Ha je ne suis pas le seul alors, mon Rick ne tue même pas un Z de niveau 38 sans ce deplacer alors qu'avant il pouvait descendre du 41 en un coup. A chaque mise a jour les Z sont de plus en plus résistant, et les héros de plus en plus faible, cerise sur le gâteau un système de badges qui est nul a chi*r
    Perla
  • CrocodileCrocodile Member Posts: 245
    Firekid said:
    Lol! Took longer than usual for one of these posts. Last time it was assaults doing less damage, this time rick and Sasha. 
    As for bruisers my RGG has been an absolute machine this week, he has been taking hits like a eugune so far. 
    My rick went on a bodyshot run earlier today but was back on form for guild wars where it counts. 
    You say that your rick and sasha are doing less damage, have you got the screenshots of this? What numbers were you getting before, what are you getting, I’m sure if you shared a screenshot of your rick and his badges someone will be able to tell you roughly what he should be getting then you can check in game. 
    Anyway, yeah, I doubt that NG will have touched anything to do with rick and Sasha leader traits, their damage or anything. 
    (I might be wrong and if I am I’ll do a forfeit) 

they fucked up whit grenade this update and low lvl gear for 27 lvl heroes
    so they easily can broke Sasha or someone else :) 
    the last standing knight of low lvl
    Superheropsychwolfm4sRiotZappa
    Maybe I’ll be proved wrong, hell if my Sasha and rick can do more damage than they did today I’ll be more than happy 😀
    Paste
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 369
    I find it much more likely that people are seeing things that isn't there. It's like "Did they make GW harder?" The answer is always no, but every time it's harder for someone just due to random bad luck.
    FirekidBoudicca
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
    I've also noticed some moments where I fire into a pack of 8-10 walkers with an assault and get 1 charge point, sometimes less. I stare at my phone in disbelief and then later I might get 3 from 3. It's just the nature of the game. I don't think anything untoward is going on.
    ThüringerPaste
    It may be that my strategy is bad. It may also be that my badges are not optimal.
    But it cannot be that since the update I can only defeat opponents 2-3 levels below the previous ones. When a player sends in a ticket, support replies that nothing has changed in the factors I mentioned above. And that's not true. Many players have the same experience as me. And here in the thread they want to tell us that we all imagine/hallucinate it. Players who enforce changes in weapon properties on the forum and thus obviously have influence negate the concerns and needs of the middle class players. No trace of solidarity. Sorry, this is a cheek.
    I can understand if NG would like to make more money and change the balance of the game. But what I cannot understand is that this is not officially communicated. The high class players hardly notice these changes, just like the small players. But whoever notices it is the middle class players.
    I just want @Fluxxx to say if these changes will stay that way or if they will be fixed. I also want the changes to be made public, because that's the least.
    I have built up my account for years and it is currently hardly playable. If I can no longer count on fixed sizes because they are changed arbitrarily, then neither spending time nor money makes sense to me.
    Pasteghost_pepper
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 110
    In my case, before the update, my average was between 2000 and 2100. Last week was 1900 and this 1800. But in the middle, I changed armors, badges and traits. In all these cases, were improvements made according to the common sense about “the perfect fighter”. But the effect was the opposite. So, I felt this change but in my case, it could be my responsibility. 
    zombieornottobe
    @marroba2000 you do realise this weeks challenge set is a particularly tough one? I usually get around 2500 but only 2300 this week. 
    You say you’ve written to support and they told you they haven’t changed anything. Then you say they must have and as such must be lying but it could be that they aren’t lying and you’ve had some bad luck/had harder mapsets. 
    You can actually do the maths and see that your survivors are still doing the correct amount of damage. 
    BurmeliinisPastezombieornottobe
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 837
    We have not changed anything with the damage/body shot chances. We received similar feedback early on after the update released so we've already checked it then. 
    It does indeed happen that players feel something has changed with damage and strength of their survivors after every update, but if we do adjust something there - we will communicate it.
     I'm not sure why, but perhaps now that HP bars are changing colors players notice injuries/bruises more often than before? But if you're absolutely sure that something did change, please provide screenshots here/in the tickets showing your damage before/after update (with the same gear etc.) to compare and we can look into it.
    TroublemakerATLAS-ZPastepsychwolfMudMoccasin
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 572
    Firekid is right, the main thing that changed is that we got harder challenge mapsets. NG put in a very easy challenge three weeks ago, perhaps to make sure the community event would reach its goals. The next challenge (first after update) was a regular one and the current one is a hard challenge. So yes, the star count goes down, but it has nothing to do with the update.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    Pastepsychwolf
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,268
    Looking at the global leaderboard is a good indicator of the difficulty of the challenge so if your score is lower and you can't understand why, sometimes it's helpful to check there.

Stelio is currently top with just over 3200*, I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a player top the rankings with a score as low as that. 
  • marroba2000marroba2000 Member Posts: 110
    edited August 3
    Firekid said:
    @marroba2000 you do realise this weeks challenge set is a particularly tough one? I usually get around 2500 but only 2300 this week. 
    You say you’ve written to support and they told you they haven’t changed anything. Then you say they must have and as such must be lying but it could be that they aren’t lying and you’ve had some bad luck/had harder mapsets. 
    You can actually do the maths and see that your survivors are still doing the correct amount of damage. 
    Hi Firekid. I didn’t wrote to support and never made any complaint about this issue. I was just saying that my performance went down but with all my changes, if I have to point to somebody, the responsibility is all mine. 

Others issues of this update deserved a pair of posts but in this case, I have nothing to say. 
    Firekid
    It's not just about the challenge, it's also about GW.
    It is really too annoying for me to provide further explanations here. Many, many players have these problems and I cannot show screenshots. I KNOW that after the update I have to use a lot more gold than before. My bruisers are from ONE hit in the red and that was definitely not the case before.
    I will not invest any time or money in this game from now on. TWD NML has now arrived where other games have been for a long time. Money, money, money.

PasteFirekiddalmerpsychwolfghost_pepper
  • nadecirnadecir Member Posts: 259
    Fluxxx said:
    We have not changed anything with the damage/body shot chances.
    Unintended changes (also known as bugs) can and often do happen with software releases.  The only way players could possibly have uncovered the grenade issue was that it was In the description.

Without something like a detailed battle log, players are just left to guess if a release has issues or not for every single update.  The game is so complicated that the introduction of unintended changes are quite possible with every update.

Regression testing is good, but often customer use is even better in a mass market product.

I am sure your developers have an option to see what happens with every chance roll and damage hit in the game.  Why not let the players have the same option to turn it on also?  It would lead to a better game, IMHO.
    psychwolfghost_pepper
    @Drunken difference is that the grenade bug was reported, checked, found to be incorrect and changed in an hour. 
    This has been reported, checked, found not to be an issue and so nothing will/can be done. 
    I fell into the same trap as others last update when assaults were apparently nerfed. It was proven they hadn’t been and a such I had to eat humble pie. 
    ShadowWalkerGradypsychwolfPaste
  • DrunkenDrunken Member Posts: 1,483
    @Firekid yes and no, was reported, fixed, But not addressed till today and well the address was 15 gold for a 50 gold grenade. 

Things like that, make customers like me have trust issues with things like this forum. I feel damage is greater and I’ve been struggling more to get Sasha charged, but tbh I’m hitting point where I just don’t like the game or how they address issues.

tbh I’m having a hard time deciding if I’m even gonna do distance. Haven’t done it since two campaigns ago
    psychwolfrogueDSzombieornottobe
  • xbamfxxbamfx Member Posts: 1,220
    I noticed the same thing @Queen_Bee glad someone made a comment about it 😆 I didn’t want to be the first one, I already create enough forest fires 🔥😂 hopefully it gets fixed soon. 
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 88
    At this point, I believe that NG itself often no longer has an overview of its code. That’s why you try to change as little as possible because your debugger doesn’t seem to work and errors are not detected anymore. Just a wild guess. :)

ShadowWalker