Hidden drug stash in Car Dealer mission ?

SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
This was not body shot, just a normal one. Lv12 zombie likes to get more from lv16 assault w lv18 gear. It's logical that warehouse of car seller consists hidden stashs in cars. But why players' characters cannot boost themselves up too like in Fallouts?

Maybe I can feed some drugs in Outposts to my forthcoming pet zombies.

- Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -

Comments

• I'm still trying to figure out why there is a basketball hoop in there?
    MirriNeko[Deleted User]
  • JAGJAG Member Posts: 291
    I understand there was a hidden complaint in the post, but I'll focus on the questions. :smile:
    Sabrina said:

It's logical that warehouse of car seller consists hidden stashs in cars. But why players' characters cannot boost themselves up too like in Fallouts?

I believe a dealer that heard about the apocalypse would make use of everything they had. Staff and clients all got wild, eventually to OD. Luckily for us they also closed the gates to not get any surprise visitors, so we get to meet them in person.
    DarkFae said:

I'm still trying to figure out why there is a basketball hoop in there?

Maybe I have the same prejudice as the devs in Finland. I thought every work place in US had a recreational area to point at for the recruitment process. Or is that the high tech only? Still basketball says US to the world, second the baseball bats of course.

Also, supposedly this map was a game field before the car dealer bought it all. Smart move to catch the young customers needing some place to hang out.
    Sabrina
  • SabrinaSabrina Member Posts: 141
    @JAG I consider ur answer definitely solved this mystery, but I dunno how to mark the thread as "answered" :smiley:
    - Sabrina, lv60 LVT (Life-TIme Profit), Elder of Suomikilta I-V -
    @sabrina thanks for the recognition. Makes me the most renowned NML drug stash expert I believe. :blush:

As for "answered" I never done that, but I think it only works if the post was initially created as "question" (the default is "discussion") in the dropdown. Don't know if you can change that afterwards (with the cogwheel) and of course it's nothing I request either.

I do love to learn from others mistakes, so please report back if you find out. :smile:
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    @JAG

No friend I'm sorry but you would not ever see a basketball court in the US with that many big green dumpsters inside of it. Plus basketball and baseball are two different sports. And not really understanding what drugs have to do with either sport. Especially since outpost went from making booze to making crates...of what we still have yet to learn ( it was more insteresting with the booze if you ask me). Lastly most basketball courts are outside here in the US with the exception of staduims for professional games.
    I'm sure you're just pulling my leg @DarkFae or my initial post was not taken as the intended joke. I assumed you're post was a bit of a joke and felt like trolling. In any case I'll only be able to make things worse, but I'll still answer for the sake of disclaimers and serious discussions. o:)
    DarkFae said:

I'm sorry but you would not ever see a basketball court in the US with that many big green dumpsters inside of it.

Ok, so maybe I was wrong. Or this car dealer is an exception to the ordinary standards of how to treat a basket court.
    The cars rolling in likely happened before the apocalypse so I can't bring that into the argument. But maybe the dumpsters were brought in later. I somehow believe that trash is valuable in NML.
    DarkFae said:

Plus basketball and baseball are two different sports.

Ah, sorry, must have forgotten... :wink: So that's not why bruisers can't move more than 3 steps without bouncing something?

My point is still that both sports are a sign saying "we're in the US now" to the world. Possibly this sign doesn't work that way for the US gamers, but my guess is they wouldn't think we were anywhere else anyway.

A more boring explanation would be that there was a basket ball hoop in the prison scene (think I remember that from the TV show) from where NG designed the fence tiles. Then they simply reused those tiles. Maybe it wasn't even a car dealer in the first draft, but the cars were added when they thought opening dumpsters all the time got repetitive.
    DarkFae said:

And not really understanding what drugs have to do with either sport. Especially since outpost went from making booze to making crates

Right, I blame all the drug talk on @Sabrina, did I even use that word? :smile:
    I just answered both of your comments in one post, there were otherwise hardly any link between them.

Drug abuse isn't something I would endorse, and I'm sure NG also is in line with that. And I don't endorse Sports. And certainly not the combination of them! Apart from that I'm sure those boxes are full of bottles, because I haven't seen AMC make a strong stand against booze. Bottles will come back when we need them!
    DarkFae said:

Lastly most basketball courts are outside here in the US

I never frown at education, but I fail to see how this info goes with the overall discussion. Isn't most used car dealers also parking their cars outside? Or you mean most basket courts have no fence? I only know what I saw in The Wire. :smile:

I never had the idea that this was an "under roof" mission. I might be mistaken, but there is some kind of bush in the scene.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert on neither drugs, cars nor sports. Also only got beginners skills at Trolling.
    smasher
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,344
    I'm just saying the whole mission scene makes no sense logically. There are too many walls which suggest the scene might be an indoor scene until you get to the fence and dumpsters both of which suggest it maybe an outdoor setting. Then there is a basketball hoop that is oddly placed. I would have gussed that it was a paid public garage but again the strange basketball hoop and the title suggests its a car dealership....unless they are just joking in that title by suggesting that during a zombie apocalypse any setting where there are many cars parked together becomes a car dealership if you know how to hotwire a car.

My original post was made to simply state that most of the mission rooms make sense nd this one doesn't.
    ok @DarkFae it never bothered me really, but you may want to post that specifically on the suggestion section then. The point will get lost in here.
  • AkartikiAkartiki Member Posts: 143
    Even in a warehouse you can have a basketball goal. I worked overnight shift many years ago and we did. Of course, it was a huge warehouse with 50 ft tall shelves that we used forklifts to load/unload. The fence suggests to me a used car lot on a side street who cant/wont spend or afford great security. Regardless, survivors are looking for supplies. Those could be "drugs" in the sense of antibiotics or pain meds.

Go with it dude. Its the apocalypse. Survivors are gonna scrounge everywhere they can. Dumpsters? Seem more likely to have walkers in them than supplies. At least car truncks are a place where people store things. Hell, even a spare tire could be useful.

"Dasein always understands itself in terms of its existence--in terms of a possibility of itself: to be itself or not itself." Heidegger
  • DarkFae said:

I'm still trying to figure out why there is a basketball hoop in there?

I never noticed until you said that and then I saw it and come to the conclusion that it's there for the salesmens kids while they take care of business, or just because some of the salesman want something to do when there are no customers. Its a used car lot so it's not getting a lot of traffic.
This discussion has been closed.