Shane's Buckshot vs Metalheads

WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,044
edited August 2020 in Suggestions & Ideas
Hi @Fluxxx

I wonder if the charge portion of this new weapon could be coded in a way that makes it negate the metalhead block. It functions like an area of effect stun similar to the bruiser smash but as you can see from the below screenshot anything standing behind the metalhead will be blocked. Credit for the testing goes to @BlackF

Melee dominates this game. The harpoon brings Sasha up to the their level and makes it a viable option in GW, the only problem is a metal head will block the harpoon root if the target is behind it even though you aren't targeting it. Logically I know this makes sense but I was hoping that the buckshot charge would stun an area around a metalhead, maybe even also ignore their defences like razor does. Ranged are woefully underpowered against them and it might give the buckshot a niche where it is a viable weapon. Something to use other than the harpoon or SRick.
FirekidBurmeliinisbrucewayne007zombieornottobeTCBRITO3vilrine

Comments

• FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,970
    I feel this should be in the general forum to get more attention as it’s a simple change and could make it a massive weapon for guild wars. 
    As it is, without a second movement after charge and not stunning round corners/through metal heads, the harpoon still reigns supreme. 
    brucewayne007TCBRITO
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 3,044
    edited August 2020
    Firekid said:
    I feel this should be in the general forum to get more attention as it’s a simple change and could make it a massive weapon for guild wars. 
    As it is, without a second movement after charge and not stunning round corners/through metal heads, the harpoon still reigns supreme. 
    I have too much respect for forum etiquette, this is a suggestion therefore I put it in the suggestions category even though I knew it would get less attention as you say.

I think if it shot through metalheads, around corners AND had a 2nd attack that might make it a bit OP. Just having the charge attack stun around a metalhead would make it a balanced and viable alternative to the harpoon though. Sasha and 2 bruisers is a reliable GW team but a badly positioned metalhead can cause havoc when all you have to kill it is the harpoon and 2 survivors poking it with sticks :lol:
    Firekid
  • FirekidFirekid Member Posts: 2,970
    edited August 2020
    Yep I’d settle for it stunning everything around it, particularly if it set off barrels too. So many times there is a perfectly placed barrel with a metal head right in front of it.
    ATLAS-Zbrucewayne007
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 798
    Comedy gold replay.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 628
    @Burmeliinis
    As you said the barrel is impossible to shoot past to hit your intended target. 
    You probably shouldn’t of wasted that attack knowing you couldn’t hit it. 
    So the strategic approach was off. 
    Not the game. 
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 628
    @Firekid
    Yea I agree. Should just work like a Bruiser circle charge. 
    As it is stated in the Info bar the way it works. 

FirekidShezza10WellyLuga
    100%. Come on @Fluxxx. Give our hunters something to fight metalheads with! 🤘
    brucewayne007Danski_46TCBRITO3vilrine
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,004
    @Burmeliinis
    As you said the barrel is impossible to shoot past to hit your intended target. 
    You probably shouldn’t of wasted that attack knowing you couldn’t hit it. 
    So the strategic approach was off. 
    Not the game. 
    I did it to make a point. The mission was easy as hell anyway.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    brucewayne007
  • 3vilrine3vilrine Member Posts: 259
    This forum post needs some attention. Push! I like the idea @WellyLuga only Harpoon is boring indeed. Would make the Shotgun a cool unique alternative to it.
    WellyLuga
    edited September 2020
    3vilrine said:
    This forum post needs some attention. Push! I like the idea @WellyLuga only Harpoon is boring indeed. Would make the Shotgun a cool unique alternative to it.
    Thanks! I have tagged Fluxxx twice but I don't want to nag :lol:. I was disappointed to see that it didn't stun around the metalhead as I was hoping for a fun new alternative in GW when using Sasha. Shame, hopefully it gets changed!
    3vilrine
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 1,004
    I used it a few missions in GW, and it works, sort of. But even in missions without tanks /good / spikeys / metalheads, it is debatable whether it is better than the harpoon.

+ Bigger stun radius
    - Harder to charge
    - No double attacks when charged and no movement after charge attack

Definitely should change it to a mini Decimator.
    Ingame username: Jubjab