Can't load game on Pixel 4A

gakgak Member Posts: 2
I got the Pixel 4A in late August. I can install the game, but when I open it I get the "Next Games" splash screen, followed immediately by a mostly black screen with a box at the bottom (Image below). Nothing happens after that. I have cleared cache and reinstalled the game multiple times over the last 2 weeks, but with no result. Has anyone else seen this before? I am still able to play on my old phone using wifi, but I'd like to switch completely to the new one. 

Comments

• bladgierbladgier Member Posts: 2,125
    That's most likely android 10 issiue still 
  • s7eyeW8s7eyeW8 Member Posts: 8
    send a help ticket, they were able to send me downloadable codes so that my LG V60 (android 10) can run the game.  @gak

• s7eyeW8s7eyeW8 Member Posts: 8
    or:

Hello s7eyeW8,

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you're having some issues with launching your game on your new phone with Android 10. It seems that your problem may be connected to one of our ongoing issues with Google Play on Android 10 not downloading/requesting some essential files from the game. While we're working on a fix, we have a workaround for you.

Below are the troubleshooting steps that should help you, but they will require you to download certain game files, and to connect your mobile device to a computer. Please let me know if this works for you, or if you need any assistance with the instructions!
    1. Install The Walking Dead: No Man’s Land on your phone.
    2. Before advancing forward, make sure that the game is not running in the background.
    3. On your laptop/PC, download the 2 .obb files (links below).
    4. Do not extract, open, or change the files in any way.
    5. Copy both of the OBB files and place them in the given path on your phone: Android > obb > “com.nextgames.android.twd” (this is the folder that should contain the OBB files for No Man’s Land).
    6. If you cannot find the No Man’s Land OBB folder, you can create a new folder manually with the same name.
    7. Make sure that the files are successfully copied to the folder.
    8. Disconnect your phone from the computer.
    9. Start the game.

OBB Files

Please let me know about the results. Thanks in advance!
    bladgier
  • gakgak Member Posts: 2
    @s7eyeW8 Thank you so much! Adding the OBB files worked for me on the first try, and now I'm in the game. 
    s7eyeW8
  • VastichVastich Member Posts: 30
    The same trouble. The method above doesn't help
  • FluxxxFluxxx Community Manager Posts: 915
    Hey, please try contacting our ingame support, the files have been updated for the newest update.