Outpost Update: Discussion Thread

Comments

• ravenyzeravenyze Member Posts: 27
    All your base belongs to us.

Btw, after seeing that Player has become online message, it's obvious the coding work was outsourced.
  • ZKillerDKZKillerDK Member Posts: 41
    @OldGoth @Teeceezy

Getting a bit tired of playing this outpost lottery.
    It would be nice with an update on the fix you guys talked about earlier today.
    Thanks
    Lynz4tex
  • Lynz4texLynz4tex Member Posts: 76
    Agreed! @ZKillerDK Please!!!
  • eetueetu Member Posts: 637
    ZKillerDK said:

It would be nice with an update on the fix you guys talked about earlier today.

There was a (last for today, 1:30am here) serverside hotfix applied ~30 minutes ago. We know it doesn't fix the actual problems, but might alleviate the symptoms somewhat.
    If the outposts behave, well, less badly now than they did an hour ago, that would be nice to know. More tomorrow.
  • rayray Member Posts: 111
    My outpost is still the same, BROKEN unable to do anything
    Leader of TWD Extreme
    Still broken, on a good note ... Didn't take my gas. Not sure if that's because the whole game reloaded and took me back to camp.
  • TransmuteJunTransmuteJun Member Posts: 2,103
    I haven't had a chance to play the outposts, because the first thing I did when I upgraded was to start my level 16 council upgrade going. Now I have another day to wait until I can build anything else. OTOH, I don't like the idea of losing the trade goods I have earned, and gas too? Now I'm not sure I want to set up an outpost at all, if I can lose the things I've worked for. I'm glad that trade goods will be included as rewards in the challenge missions. I'll just stick with that.

I accidentally lost 400 gold sending a gift to my guildmates. :anguished: I'm so stupid, I thought it was a gift of 400 gold from Next Games for me (like the gift they gave with the other update). Sigh... I feel so dumb.

On the plus side, I love the new streamlining of the mission process. I love seeing everything move so fast, and the faster victory screen. It has become a real pleasure to play the exploration missions, and less of a grind.
  • RustyOrcRustyOrc Member Posts: 51
    This outpost thing is starting to p me off. 10 tries throughout today, 6 times I could't find one to attack. The other 4 times I got the player come online error. All the times it took away my resources and gas.
    @TransmuteJun I accidentally lost 400 gold sending a gift to my guildmates. :anguished: I'm so stupid, I thought it was a gift of 400 gold from Next Games for me (like the gift they gave with the other update). Sigh... I feel so dumb.

You got a gift with the last update?!? Now I feel so dumb, lol. Guess there's a learning curve here.
  • sborgsborg Member Posts: 565
    Apologies if this has been asked, but what happened to the campfire? I can no longer get to the screen where I can run supplies missions.
  • SenoiaSurvivorSenoiaSurvivor Member Posts: 528
    Thanks for the update @OldGoth. I've had people in the guild patiently awaiting an official response.

• hottexashottexas Member Posts: 144
    @sborg lol, I didn't even notice it was gone. Have you tried the map button, on the right hand side ?
  • DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964

I accidentally lost 400 gold sending a gift to my guildmates. :anguished: I'm so stupid, I thought it was a gift of 400 gold from Next Games for me (like the gift they gave with the other update). Sigh... I feel so dumb.

Don't feel so bad @TransmuteJun , I'm sure your guild mates were pleasantly surprised. Of course, you won't know until chat is fixed :)

• sborgsborg Member Posts: 565
    hottexas said:

@sborg lol, I didn't even notice it was gone. Have you tried the map button, on the right hand side ?

I did. They weren't visible there, either. But I did find them by going to episodes 12 and 13. They're absent from the other episodes.

• DoTakDoTak Member Posts: 1,964
    sborg said:

Apologies if this has been asked, but what happened to the campfire? I can no longer get to the screen where I can run supplies missions.

@sborg I can't imagine where your campfire went to, but you can access the world map by hitting map button in bottom right corner of camp screen.
  • hottexashottexas Member Posts: 144
    edited March 2016
    @sborg that's correct, they are only unlimited in your current and the one prior episode.
  • ravenyzeravenyze Member Posts: 27
    So is the lose 10 crates thing intentional when you don't find an outpost?
    I don't see any reason to upgrade or increase my zombie defenders. All they do is provide fodders to charge up attacker bonus attacks. Even if I can place them right next to my defenders, I want them low level for easy kill to charge my bonus attacks.

Am I missing something?
  • RokuPDARokuPDA Member Posts: 57
    edited March 2016
    @eetu Your server side fixes did not fix anything. I lost 12 or more gas in a row and kept getting the player has become online message. If anything it's worse, because I never had it take more than 5 gas before, usually two or three would get me in and able to do my raid.

Also, just finding a match at all takes much longer and many more retries.
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    If you upgrade them enough, they won't be just fodder. Just like any other zombie, if you can get your zombies leveled to +4 above whoever is attacking you, they're going to have a hard time.
    BadBreathBeth
  • NecroboogieNecroboogie Member Posts: 1,108
    Survivor can now be upgraded to 17, max zombie level appears to be 20
  • zosonzoson Member Posts: 2,216
    Right, it won't 'stop' the higher level players, but most of the players in the game are not our level really.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • theblueboxthebluebox Member Posts: 807
    @Heretic : Quality family time with your son. What wife could complain about that?

Does your wife game at all? I have problems with console systems triggering motion sickness when I attempt to play first person shooters. So, my husband spending hours playing games that make me sea sick to even watch became very infuriating to me. However, games that allow two player vertical split-screen do not seem to effect me. Once we discovered that, my husband got me hooked on Left4Dead (and 2) and the Borderlands series. We spend quality time on the weekends blowing things up. If you can get her hooked on just one game, the rest gets easier.
    One of my guild mate mentioned that he was successfull on 17 outpost raids today. Why can't I even get one?
  • Logan2788Logan2788 Member Posts: 33
    I've only been able to do 2 raids so far, I keep getting the no match found screen, it's starting to tick me off, also, my first raid, I completed all the objectives with plenty of time to spare and it says I lost. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Lynz4tex
  • CrispyCritterCrispyCritter Member Posts: 1
    When trying to find an outpost to attack, keep getting a message saying none are available. I also keep getting charged the 10 trade goods for trying. What can be done? I have lost a lot of trade goods already.
  • DaximusDaximus Member Posts: 15
    Stop charging us for good when the god damn thing is BROKEN!! Why the hell did you release a broken update?!?!
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 568
  • Sipher07Sipher07 Member Posts: 591
    Why do some outposts have different trade good and influence points? Some outposts have a lot of trade goods per raid but very low influence points and vice versa. You have made this game needlessly complex!!!'
    Elved
This discussion has been closed.