How do you calculate badges?

NanajjaNanajja Member Posts: 53
Do I have enough damage reduction to reroll iron skin yet rerolled strong twice kept getting defensive stance & bullet dodge but don’t want to upgrade iron if should try rerolling for dodge or lucky . Sorry pics so big not tech savvy it was a lot trying to figure out how to post a pic in first place phew!

Comments

  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    16+25+23= 64% in badges 
    10% from Tactical in your weapon 

    So you have 74%. 
    You either need silver iron skin (10%) on Armour, IS trait, or that 16% badge equipped needs to be better. 
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    Looking closer, can I say that you should get rid of Defensive Stance 1st! 
    And try to get Lucky/Dodge please. 
    Then do Iron skin. 
  • NanajjaNanajja Member Posts: 53
    Ok thank you I have the tactical staff & other armor so switching it up will make that difference ? I think I see how it’s added now as well
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    Nanajja said:
    Ok thank you I have the tactical staff & other armor so switching it up will make that difference ? I think I see how it’s added now as well
    Yes it’s very simple once you work out where all the Damage Reductions can come from. 
    Another wee hint, you obviously 
    make sure of the 20% Bonus set. But if you identify particular characters that play with each other on a consistent basis, try and get the green bonuses to line up. 
    So as an example:
    Assaults usually play with another Assault and Hunter (Sasha), so when you badge them you will aim to have the green assault class line up or a hunter. Things like that 
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 660
    One more note is that your damage reduction is NOT 74%. The 20% set boost is shown with a somewhat incorrect rounding, so to get the exact figure you need to go to the crafting page, where you can see the unboosted values. So your badges are probably something like 16 + 20 + 21, which would mean (16+20+21)*1.2 = 68.4% + 10% = 74,4%.

    This is especially important to do if you have any of the bonus conditions' activated, as their set boost is not shown at all.

    Ingame username: Jubjab
    brucewayne007Pastem4s
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    One more note is that your damage reduction is NOT 74%. The 20% set boost is shown with a somewhat incorrect rounding, so to get the exact figure you need to go to the crafting page, where you can see the unboosted values. So your badges are probably something like 16 + 20 + 21, which would mean (16+20+21)*1.2 = 68.4% + 10% = 74,4%.

    This is especially important to do if you have any of the bonus conditions' activated, as their set boost is not shown at all.

    Dude they don’t need to over complicate it yet. Stick with the simple numbers and once they delve a little deeper they can work those finer parts. 
    Not everyone playing cares enough for the rounding and they just want the simplest answer possible. 
    Paste
  • NanajjaNanajja Member Posts: 53
    Yes the extra percentages were confusing me but do appreciate the input regardless. So to see if I am understanding right with RGG it’s 23+26+22=71%+10% for armor with shield totaling 81% ? If correct should I be replacing iron skin for lucky? And if get lucky what percentage chance does that improve the traits? 
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 503
    @Burmeliinis is right. The original badge valuers were probably 20, 21 and 13. Multiply that by 1.2 to get the total with set bonus. Then you have 16% from character trait Iron skin and 10% from silver weapon trait tactical. (20+21+13)*1.2+16+10 = 90.8%

    With your new badge set the original values are 21, 20 and 19 I'm pretty sure. (21+20+19)*1.2+10 = 82%, so you can reroll that Iron Skin.

    Here's a reference chart with all the trait values at different levels: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42432/all-trait-stat-collection-project-complete
    Nanajja
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    Paste said:
    @Burmeliinis is right. The original badge valuers were probably 20, 21 and 13. Multiply that by 1.2 to get the total with set bonus. Then you have 16% from character trait Iron skin and 10% from silver weapon trait tactical. (20+21+13)*1.2+16+10 = 90.8%

    With your new badge set the original values are 21, 20 and 19 I'm pretty sure. (21+20+19)*1.2+10 = 82%, so you can reroll that Iron Skin.

    Here's a reference chart with all the trait values at different levels: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/42432/all-trait-stat-collection-project-complete
    Lets just make sure that I am not saying @Burmeliinis is wrong. He is 100% correct. 

    I just don’t want to over complicate the game to people growing with so much to learn already. Like basic strategies in the game 

    I feel this game can get over complicated for newer people and therefore not help more people come and stay. That’s all
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    Nanajja said:
    Yes the extra percentages were confusing me but do appreciate the input regardless. So to see if I am understanding right with RGG it’s 23+26+22=71%+10% for armor with shield totaling 81% ? If correct should I be replacing iron skin for lucky? And if get lucky what percentage chance does that improve the traits? 
    Strong for Dodge also. 
    And whatever Lucky is, eg: 22% 
    it then becomes .22 of the effected trait. 
    So let’s say RGG has dodge for 20%. It’s 22% of the 20%. Which is 4.4%. 
    So the total is 24.4% dodge 
    Paste
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 105

    BurmeliinisNanajja
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 660
    @m4s nice summary!
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 105
    Not mine, but pass on, it will definitely come in handy!
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 503
    You can also toggle "show equipped" and get the base badge values from there. It's easier than leaving the screen imo.
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 105
    to
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 503
    There's another display bug. This one is clearer and more accurate: https://forums.nextgames.com/walkingdead/discussion/comment/374609/#Comment_374609
  • m4sm4s Member Posts: 105
    This game is bug 

    Paste
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    The 20% then with the bonus goes to 23%

    That one truly blows my mind. Such a simple calculation!!!!

    m4s
  • PastePaste Member Posts: 503
    The 20% then with the bonus goes to 23%

    That one truly blows my mind. Such a simple calculation!!!!

    There's just no way that a computer would get 23 from 20 * 1.2. Computers don't do errors like that (at least with whole numbers). They probably store badge values differently than we see them even before the bonuses apply.
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 185
    Paste said:
    The 20% then with the bonus goes to 23%

    That one truly blows my mind. Such a simple calculation!!!!

    There's just no way that a computer would get 23 from 20 * 1.2. Computers don't do errors like that (at least with whole numbers). They probably store badge values differently than we see them even before the bonuses apply.
    Yea I try not to look too deep into it. 
    Only if I’m 1 or 2% off. Then I check the legit number to see if I make the 80. 
    But I’ve played for a long time so I will chaser finer details. 
Sign In or Register to comment.