(Future of) infused traits

Hey community, hey @Fluxxx ,

the infused weapons currently in guild shop seem to simply be weapons with a 4th trait (that is called infused). Personally I would not buy them, but I can't stop thinking that the function of "infused" traits might change in the future?
1.) In @Fluxxx said ".. what ideal trait combos you guys will come up with.". Will infused traits become somehow exchangeable?
2.) Why are they marked in red (instead of normal weapons with a 4th trait)?
So what it comes down to:
Should we buy these weapons because the "infused trait" function might change in future?
Is there something planned with this "infused" trait in the future or will it simply stay a static 4th trait?

Comments

• ATLAS-ZATLAS-Z Member Posts: 4,415
    It's just a 4th trait 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX SATISFIES. Check us out HERE
    EMAIL US --> [email protected]"
    brucewayne007
  • DeadheadsDeadheads Member Posts: 724
    I'll be buying them all but just because I'm a collector, lol.  There's a lot that could be cool though... destructive/silence/fire/lucky for hunter as an example.
  • WellyLugaWellyLuga Member Posts: 2,629
    Yeah we discussed this on another thread, I was disappointed to see that they were just fixed trait weapons in the GW shop. The way Fluxxx talks in the video gave the impression that we might have a fully customisable weapon. Perhaps someone could make suggestions of weapons they would like to see and we could see a community poll, the two with the most votes make it into the shop next season.

In the hope that we get Princess into the game and the assault class gets an interesting bump here is my suggestion: LMG with the usual traits but gold destructive infused :sunglasses:
    Really @WellyLuga?  the LMG doesnt stun right?  I'd rather see concussion added to daryl's new assault weapon.
    edited October 2020
    Deadheads said:
    Really @WellyLuga?  the LMG doesnt stun right?  I'd rather see concussion added to daryl's new assault weapon.
    I want to see a use for the assault class other than alternating stuns with Sasha lead. I was more thinking for the damage. 

Daryl's assault rifle doesn't stun so concussion wouldn't be of any use would it?
    WellyLuga said:
    Deadheads said:
    I want to see a use for the assault class other than alternating stuns with Sasha lead. I was more thinking for the damage. 

Daryl's assault rifle doesn't stun so concussion wouldn't be of any use would it?

good point, you're right.  60% chance for double root?  LOL
    Deadheads said:
    WellyLuga said:
    Deadheads said:

good point, you're right.  60% chance for double root?  LOL
    You just invented a trait :lol:
  • brucewayne007brucewayne007 Member Posts: 286
    Let’s infuse Razor permanently 
  • MojakuMojaku Member Posts: 155
    It would be nice if we can choose the fourth skill by voting in the forums. First tell us the three standard skills and then vote.

Another option is for the player to decide the fourth ability, creating unique weapons that work with the player's style.
    ShadowWalker
  • MudMoccasinMudMoccasin Member Posts: 538
    Love to see the Trusty Farmhand return with infused traits!!!! Or Bruiser weapon with Swift Strike!!!!
    WellyLuga said:
    Yeah we discussed this on another thread, I was disappointed to see that they were just fixed trait weapons in the GW shop. The way Fluxxx talks in the video gave the impression that we might have a fully customisable weapon. Perhaps someone could make suggestions of weapons they would like to see and we could see a community poll, the two with the most votes make it into the shop next season.

In the hope that we get Princess into the game and the assault class gets an interesting bump here is my suggestion: LMG with the usual traits but gold destructive infused :sunglasses:

The LMG is unique because it has a special functionality but not REALLY

The special functionality just describes the charge attack, which is ALSO described under the charge attack... 

So technically the special function "tag" could be removed (since it's pointless redundancy) to make way for an infused trait "tag".

Gold destructive please @Fluxxx @Vane

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    ATLAS-Z said:
    WellyLuga said:

The LMG is unique because it has a special functionality but not REALLY

The special functionality just describes the charge attack, which is ALSO described under the charge attack... 

So technically the special function "tag" could be removed (since it's pointless redundancy) to make way for an infused trait "tag".

Gold destructive please @Fluxxx @Vane
    Sounds great to me, as long as it had the increased base damage, boosted charge attack and lethal/destructive I'd be happy. So many things in this game get judged by whether it works at RSL50 or not...
    ATLAS-ZShadowWalker
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,457
    All I ask for are these two infused weapons:

Scout: gold razor/threat reduction/destructive with silver tactical. Great herding TR weapon

Hunter: gold incendiary/silenced/destructive with silver lucky. Silent fire weapon with a bit of firepower. 

These weapons are more situational than useful in most missions, but for specific maps they will be amazing. 
    Silencer is so low % that even with gold Lucky + gold Silencer + character Lucky it still fails a lot. I wouldn't want less than this gold + gold combo.
    I cannot wait until this becomes available in the Guild Shop!!!!!:

I cannot wait until this becomes available in the Guild Shop!!!!!:

Pretty low low on my wish list sorry bro.

Gov would be the only one using it on the rare day I go scavenge farming

TCBRITOPasteMudMoccasinCaptainslayer
    ATLAS-Z said:
    Pretty low low on my wish list sorry bro.

Gov would be the only one using it on the rare day I go scavenge farming
    Totally understand. But my Governor looks so out of place without it and I need to give this M249 SAW (Light Machine Gun) to Abraham:

dalmer
  • kinkokinko Member Posts: 116
    edited November 2020

Assault

Silver: tactical

Gold concussion/ lucky/wide

I think it's a worthy reward for the master tier.

Captainslayer
  • crambert_neccrambert_nec Member Posts: 1,372
    All I ask for are these two infused weapons:

Scout: gold razor/threat reduction/destructive with silver tactical. Great herding TR weapon

Hunter: gold incendiary/silenced/destructive with silver lucky. Silent fire weapon with a bit of firepower. 

These weapons are more situational than useful in most missions, but for specific maps they will be amazing. 
    Silencer is so low % that even with gold Lucky + gold Silencer + character Lucky it still fails a lot. I wouldn't want less than this gold + gold combo.
    It's like a 1-2% difference in total silenced with silver lucky vs. gold lucky. I'd rather have the other 3 traits gold. The maps I envision using it on you'd want to ignite asap and those would be just about your only non-overwatch attacks. If you can get silence to trigger on those attacks, it's icing on the cake. Gold destructive when you absolutely need to blow a hole through a crowd. 
    Leader of WATCH TOWER RoD
    Troublemaker