Base crit stats

liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
Hello community!

I know there are a lot of threads on the board already about crit chance and damage, and how lucky affects them, but I couldn´t find any information about the base crit chance of neither heroes nor regular survivors.
Does every class have the same crit chance?
Does crit chance improve when leveling survivors up, do pink stars have any affect?

Leading thought behind this is the tactical winter rifle in guild shop. It lacks incendiary but can make a high level hunter a true sniper, leaving out one crit damage in favour of a crit chance bagde. So they finally get any love after all...

Would be great if anybody could shed some light on this! :smile:

Comments

• VovVov Member Posts: 84
    You seem new. Welcome to the game where eventually you will find Critical Chance is kinda useless (?!). 

To answer your question, the base CC chance is 10% for every class except Warrior with base CC is 20%. There are no official document about this but I am pretty sure I learnt about this information from NG community manager. 

Things that boost your CC are CC badges, universal survivor traits that boost CC chance (Sure Shot for range and Power Strike for melee). hero traits (Hunter Daryl, Carol) and weapon trait (Accuracy) . Pink stars do not directly increase CC chance but lower the 100% body-shot zone by the number of pink you have, which affects your chance to have critical hit. 

The rifle in GW shop is a fun weapon imo, nothing can surpass Harpoon as the perfect weapon for hunter, at least for now. 
    liquitambience
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 982
    edited January 11
    Also worth noting is that the relative levels of the attacker and target affects crit chance just like body shots.

Lvl diff 4 = 33%
    Lvl diff 5 = 66%
    Lvl diff 6 = 100%

WIth each pink star counted as 1 lvl and a hero getting another +1 lvl.

So if you are a lvl 20 Ezekiel with 1 pink star, the game would consider him lvl 22 for crit chance calculation. If he hits a lvl 18 walker, he will get a 33% boost to crit chance. With the 20% base chance of warriors, this means he has a 53% chance to critically hit the walker (and even more if you have other cc improving bonuses). Luck is a multiplier, so if Ezekiel has 18% luck, cc increases to 63% (53%*1.18). 

The walker, again, would have a 33% chance of getting a body shot against Ezekiel.

EDIT: The reason cc (for example badges or the accurate trait) is not prioritized is that body shots take precedence over CC, so against a high level opponent, you will always make a body shot. With razor / piercing you get a chance of not bodyshotting, but even then it's only 45%, so even with a maxed 90% CC you only critically hit in 40% of cases. Additionally, charge attacks are always critical anyway.

And a final small point; non-bodyshot hits against a stunned target will always be critical.

Ingame username: Jubjab
    liquit
  • TroublemakerTroublemaker Member Posts: 1,468
    Moving forward to end game play, I use 1x CC badge of +- 25% on a few characters and like it a lot: Rick, Daryl, Beta, Alpha, regular Hunter, regular Shooter.

Nailing random criticals at high level has saved me lots of times... And the critical damage is never enough anyway, so I play around it with 2x cd 1x cc and like it. And suggest it.
    liquit
  • liquitliquit Member Posts: 11
    Thanks guys! Been a crazy week and this tab has been open for days but I couldn´t find the time... :(

Vov said:
    You seem new. Welcome to the game where eventually you will find Critical Chance is kinda useless (?!). 

Thank you. New to the forum, yes - but been playing since 2017. Lots of breaks inbetween, but been playing way more since November last year, will hit level 70 quite soon. Lockdown Galore! :p
    Have been reading quite some threads though to get a hang of these tactical refinements. Definitely wish I came earlier across "Do not unlock your heroes before reaching max level" :eyeroll:

Also worth noting is that the relative levels of the attacker and target affects crit chance just like body shots.

Lvl diff 4 = 33%
    Lvl diff 5 = 66%
    Lvl diff 6 = 100%

WIth each pink star counted as 1 lvl and a hero getting another +1 lvl.

So if you are a lvl 20 Ezekiel with 1 pink star, the game would consider him lvl 22 for crit chance calculation. If he hits a lvl 18 walker, he will get a 33% boost to crit chance. With the 20% base chance of warriors, this means he has a 53% chance to critically hit the walker (and even more if you have other cc improving bonuses). Luck is a multiplier, so if Ezekiel has 18% luck, cc increases to 63% (53%*1.18). 

The walker, again, would have a 33% chance of getting a body shot against Ezekiel.

EDIT: The reason cc (for example badges or the accurate trait) is not prioritized is that body shots take precedence over CC, so against a high level opponent, you will always make a body shot. With razor / piercing you get a chance of not bodyshotting, but even then it's only 45%, so even with a maxed 90% CC you only critically hit in 40% of cases. Additionally, charge attacks are always critical anyway.

And a final small point; non-bodyshot hits against a stunned target will always be critical.

@Burmeliinis
    That´s a lot of useful information, very much appreciated! Two questions though if I may! ;)

1. Does the example also work the other way around, like:
    Ezekiel as described, hitting a lvl 24 with 33% bodyshot chance / 25 - 66% / 26 - 100% if no other effecting traits come into play?
    2. So from a certain point (depending again on elite stars) CC would only apply during attacks when piercing/razor is triggered?

Moving forward to end game play, I use 1x CC badge of +- 25% on a few characters and like it a lot: Rick, Daryl, Beta, Alpha, regular Hunter, regular Shooter.

Nailing random criticals at high level has saved me lots of times... And the critical damage is never enough anyway, so I play around it with 2x cd 1x cc and like it. And suggest it.

On point what I´ve been thinking. Got some heroes with one pink star, will take me years to bring them up to 3, don´t even dream about more. And I exactly pictue those beyond limit situations, when your 3rd hero attacks and again - just a body shot... I´ll certainly give it a try, have one leg CC on stock as I mixed up the recipes after last gw :D
    Troublemaker
  • BurmeliinisBurmeliinis Member Posts: 982
    edited January 15
    Yes on both your questions. So against walkers of much higher level of yourself you have a 100% bodyshot. With piercing / razor you have a max chance of 45% to not bodyshot, and only on these hits would the critical chance be considered.

Note that Alpha's LT is an add-on to piercing so she has a better chance of not bodyshotting. 
    Ingame username: Jubjab
    liquit